Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dream World Travel

parry

On Travel Supermarket, Dream World Travel are coming in cheapest, by some way, for my flight to BKK from Manchester late December for 3 weeks. Ive never heard of Dream World Travel so did a bit of Google work. The reviews are mostly poor so I sent an email to Travel Supermarket asking them if they are happy with DWT and if they do any vetting and/or if they are formally authorised. I was told to do my own research. Have any board members booked flights to Thailand with Dream World Travel? If so what are their experiences? Many thanks in advance

if in doubt.....maybe go direct to airline site.

• Like 3

In these strange time book direct with airline, was listening to Micheal O’Leary this morning on BBC news regarding refunds he was saying it’s difficult via a third party operator.

Any travel plans made at the moment have a high degree of uncertaintancy  and very much subject to change, as a result I would book direct with the airline to minimise the links in the booking chain if / when you need to sort any issues out

I nearly booked my Qatar biz class Xmas flight with them a couple of weeks ago. Like Parry I checked them out and got pretty much the same answers. I was tempted with the move date/ cancellation voucher offer but the customer service or lack of it put me off. 

In the end I didn't book anywhere as I think I'll wait until this cold bug is a bit more settled 

12 hours ago, ronthebrummie said:

In these strange time book direct with airline, was listening to Micheal O’Leary this morning on BBC news regarding refunds he was saying it’s difficult via a third party operator.

12 hours ago, famished said:

if in doubt.....maybe go direct to airline site.

11 hours ago, gmingot said:

Any travel plans made at the moment have a high degree of uncertaintancy  and very much subject to change, as a result I would book direct with the airline to minimise the links in the booking chain if / when you need to sort any issues out

Until things settle down I would only be booking direct for the ease of any change required, currently have my BKK - LON to use some time in the future with Emirates which seems pretty easy to use, unless the airline goes bust but that will apply to all.

Have used third parties many times in the past with no problems but not the cheapest or less known as you name.

Another thing with third party booking if you want to change flight you have pay the agents fee plus airline charge, double whammy 

On 01/07/2020 at 18:56, parry said:

On Travel Supermarket, Dream World Travel are coming in cheapest, by some way, for my flight to BKK from Manchester late December for 3 weeks. Ive never heard of Dream World Travel so did a bit of Google work. The reviews are mostly poor so I sent an email to Travel Supermarket asking them if they are happy with DWT and if they do any vetting and/or if they are formally authorised. I was told to do my own research. Have any board members booked flights to Thailand with Dream World Travel? If so what are their experiences? Many thanks in advance

mr parry, you answered your own question, by asking the question, always book direct with the airline, sometimes it can be a little more expensive,but cheaper in the long run.lol.enjoy your vacation without the hassle of worrying about the flights.

Go direct always after gotogate fucked up my booking few years back and left me at the airport booking my own flight and then claiming back the money which took months. Not worth the hassle 

I'm also one of the 'book directly with the airline.

Sometimes a little more expensive, but well worth in.

I have had several missed connections over the year that my airline stepped up and took care of a hotel and food vouchers as well as reschedule flights and next available flight even if it was on a different airline.

I have already had 2 of my booked pre-paid, non-refundable trips this year to Thailand cancelled and looks like the 3rd in next in line to be cancelled.

My go to airline has already vouchered one without any fees and fully refunded the other and I'm sure this will happen with the 3rd one.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I am owed £500 from dream-world travel from my flight that was cancelled in may, not very helpful when I phone them they fob you off and send out generic email saying they will refund but it will take up to 3 more months not really confident they will refund me I would avoid them, but loads of people will waiting for refund from covid cancellations from loads of different companies to be fair.

Why do some people search for the crappiest 3rd party agents they can possibly find  ?

Booking direct with the airlines is basic common sense

On 10/07/2020 at 05:41, jaynewcastle said:

Why do some people search for the crappiest 3rd party agents they can possibly find  ?

Some people are not so well informed as YOU and don't forget people always look for cheaper prices aka why Ryanair is so profitable.

2 hours ago, brownmanc said:

@brownmanc mate you have made it look like BM jaynewcastle said all that which is wrong. If you want to edit inside the quoted box you must do so in a way that makes it plain that you are doing that. In future I think you should stick to commenting OUTSIDE the quoted box.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

On 10/07/2020 at 14:41, jaynewcastle said:

Its all about the price.

I am guilty of doing this. I usually go to thailand at christmas.

Thai airways normal flight to thailand $750.

Thai airways christmas with late notice $2300

Thai airways christmas through a 3rd party $1600

As I dont know my exact dates until late I save $700 booking through a 3rd party. Never had a problem yet

12 Pints in Know it all

I agree with the Wombat, why pay upto £400 more for exactly the same product.

I would probably pay more for a steak from a cow that had its own room, had a massage every day, drank Evian water and ate organic grass and cooked by a naked Nigella, than one fed hormones and forced to eat god knows what to make it as big as quick as possible and then cooked by a Whuan wet market cafe owner in the belief the 1st option will taste better.

Seat number 3a in Bizz class on Qatar from Manchester to Bkk is the same wherever I buy it from. 

I've been going to LOS for 14 years and rarely book direct and never had a problem. I'm not going this year but next year if we are back to some kind of normality would book through a 3rd party but one I've used before 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

I would probably pay more for a steak from a cow that had its own room, had a massage every day, drank Evian water and ate organic grass and cooked by a naked Nigella, than one fed hormones and forced to eat god knows what to make it as big as quick as possible and then cooked by a Whuan wet market cafe owner in the belief the 1st option will taste better.

The Hitch-hikers Guide dish-of-the-day immediately springs to mind  ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLy27bK-wU

I’ve booked with them in the past as they were by far the cheapest. Didn’t have any issues except that the booking reference they gave me changed three weeks before the actual flights. Other than that, there were no issues and I probably saved over £500 for the two trips I booked with them. Cannot comment on the situation now with Covid-19 as I have no experience of their service during the pandemic.