Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Air Bridge

Ash101

So if the article is correct people from the U.K. can travel without quarantine on either side from the 4 July. 
wonder how many people are willing to travel if this comes into effect ?

E3133E8B-1F54-4F00-8F0C-2D55F10AD1EC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ash101 said:

So if the article is correct people from the U.K. can travel without quarantine on either side from the 4 July. 

It says in the article that it is hoped an agreement will be reached with Australia and New Zealand in the coming weeks to add them to the list of 'green' countries, well i live in Western Australia and 2 days ago the Australian Minister of Tourism had a news release stating that Australia would not be allowing International tourism possibly until 2023, and  that all Australians that could afford to holiday should be patriotic and holiday within Australia, now i do not know if that idiot was just trying to be a poser and impress the public with his power, but if he allows UK tourists in while banning Aussies from leaving he will be looking for a new job come next election, we have had 104 Covid 19 deaths here and all of our internal State borders are still closed, Aussies are restricted from traveling between States without having to go into 14 days isolation, if the Aussie State Governments are so scared that Aussies will start a second wave between each other, then the government will be shitting bricks at the thought of letting tourists in from countries with a far higher infection rate than ours, i also read that Thailand was thinking of starting a travel bubble between participating countries, but the UK and America were not included and even Australia with our low death rate was not included, but Aussie maybe added later if reciprocal  travel arrangements could be agreed upon, i hope that some sort of travel bridge system can be worked out between Governments, because i do not like the 2023 ban proposed by the knobhead Minister here, mind you i would be able to save shit loads of money if i didn't go on holiday for 3 years, and as for being patriotic and spending my holiday money here, well FU*K that, i will be patriotic by humming the national anthem.

Edited by yozz
  • Like 3

They are dreaming. Is it 1st april today

• Like 1

12 Pints in Know it all

19 minutes ago, joeyb said:

SHow were these countries picked? For example, why does it mention Denmark but not Sweden or Norway?

https://covid19.pemandu.org/ lists countries as at 26 June. Lots of detail including:

Severity   

1. Australia      1               

2. Denmark      3

3. Thailand       1

18. Norway      2

174. Sweden   5

See the site for a lot more information.

1 hour ago, yozz said:

now i do not know if that idiot was just trying to be a poser and impress the public with his power, but if he allows English tourists in while banning Aussies from leaving he will be looking for a new job come next election,

Yep. He would be toast.

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I'm in India...India will never be opening anytime soon, The totally dysfunctional government and lack of infrastructure will make sure we are shunted by every country on earth.

If you can go to Thailand...RUN..You will have the best girls all for you on a platter, No Indians, No Chinese, No Koreans, No Russians, No Japanese...It would be just like in the good Old Days..Farangs will be King again in Pattaya with No Japanese around :25:

4 hours ago, Ash101 said:

It is from the Daily Mail or as I like to call it the Daily Shite, utterly untrustworthy rag that would not know how to recognise real journalism. Announcements will be made in the next 24-48 hours so we shall see, but I do not see the impossible rules set by Thailand of impossible to get insurance and covid tests being relaxed for the UK, hard to see this happening in 2020 alas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

The UK Govt/media does not decide which countries have to let UK travellers in

Its up to each country concerned who they let in. Most people think UK travellers won't be allowed into Thailand for many months still, possibly not until 2021

7 hours ago, Ash101 said:

So if the article is correct

I got a whole lot of savings that says it isn’t. 

This has already been posted more than once in the Covid forum - as it’s related to that. 

PS Sorry, I do have to point out these are not really ‘Air bridges’. They require bilateral agreements with other countries. This is just another u-turn on U.K. policy with the U.K. unilaterally categorizing countries. It only applies to travel to the U.K. FROM those countries. Any travel conditions on going from the U.K. TO those countries is up to the other countries. They haven’t changed.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• davidge locked this topic