IGNORED

Bang Saray: Aow Talay Seafood

A few of us went to Aow Talay Seafood in Bang Saray for dinner on Sunday night. This is a Thai seafood place out on a walkway over the water. Food was great - more later, but we were treated to a spectacular sundown. Not sure if that had anything to do with the Solar Eclipse. We were overcast most of the day here, so I noticed no effect from the eclipse. Anyway, nuff bs, here is the pic. Food report to follow.

IMG_2669.thumb.jpg.ff07a4c7b3e72a6fdc2aacd21600e1c5.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer

As promised here is the food report for Aow Talay Seafood. This place is over in Bang Saray, about a 45 minute drive from Jomtien. The menu is quite similar to what one would see at the Glass House. The ambience is not as upscale as the Glass House, but IMO the food is better and there are no tourist crowds. Basically, we are talking Thai seafood. 

Like I said, it is out on a pier. Here are a few pics from the dining area taken shortly after we arrived at about 16:45.

1626334574_AowTalay-A.thumb.jpg.40b07d8c0be66e4c57e13c0aee37f5b8.jpg

460577276_AowTalay-B.thumb.jpg.8329a92cf2d99ddd66a6b932d05a1b77.jpg

The food was really good. We ran up a fair sized bill for 7 persons at 5000, but we ordered several crab dishes that tend to be more expensive. Some food pics below.

1713173455_AowTalay-D.thumb.jpg.7698e4d8fb10d91672fa9c5582dabe2a.jpg

543340311_AowTalay-C.thumb.jpg.1ad4a87fc0d956e0029aafeb9068f435.jpg

1017435110_AowTalay-F.thumb.jpg.0945ff2fefcb1a6b9d2121b3fe5d10d1.jpg

1733641973_AowTalay-G.thumb.jpg.a9eeec01d73e81ed872ca7fdf6b8f773.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer

There are in total four of these restaurant, all on piers over the water, all serving similar seafood dishes. Having tried all multiple times, I concluded that "Ruan Talay" is my favourite, although I admit it is a close match with the others, sometimes, a matter of ambience....
Weekends can be busy, half of BKK seems to come here to eat fish.  But they have good capacity, and they are nice places to hang out. Sunset indeed is my favourite time...

Edited by Encora
  • Like 1

Ruan Talay is our favorite as well, but by a small margin.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure that I have been to Ruan Talay as well and it was also very good. The GF seems to prefer Aow Talay, but like you guys said, not by a wide margin.

Always make a point of going to a seafood restaurant in Bang Saray  with friends who live there. Don’t think it’s the one mentioned above,, more on the beach rather than a pier, but I always enjoy it. Gets busy by 6pm but not too overcrowded. Nice view with good company and food, plus cold beer, nothing better.

I've eaten there and enjoyed it. fish curry I think. Nice spot. thanks for the pics

Great pics and review too.

I have only been to the seafood restaurant that’s at the end of the row of restaurants there, ie with the beach on other side. Great views and nice breeze and the food was much better than pattaya n jomtien restaurants.

It might be Ruan Talay but was v nice and reasonable but am going back a few yrs now. Believe 1 of the restaurants the wooden floor collapsed too so hopefully all refurbished now.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

1 hour ago, stickyfingers said:

Great pics and review too.

I have only been to the seafood restaurant that’s at the end of the row of restaurants there, ie with the beach on other side. Great views and nice breeze and the food was much better than pattaya n jomtien restaurants.

It might be Ruan Talay but was v nice and reasonable but am going back a few yrs now. Believe 1 of the restaurants the wooden floor collapsed too so hopefully all refurbished now.

Yes, that was the walkway into the restaurant, a big group arrived, I suspect they stopped for a group picture, and were too close together......

all fixed now.

• Like 1