IGNORED

Thinking about a trip to southern Thailand. need a break from pattaya chiang mai

poseidon5566

I am in the early planning phase of my trip i am looking at exploring around the hat yai region. it looks off the beaten track for western travellers my plan would be a few days in Bangkok to experience some of the scene there and recover from the jet lag before moving down to hat yai which i would then use a base to go sight seeing experience some culture and hook up with girls at night. im also hoping that it is cheaper than pattaya with more thai prices for food and drink ect. im interested to hear others expiernces about the area so please share 

• Like 1

Weil, it's quite a number of years ago for me ... but to give you some starting point for checking actual information in the internet:

In Hat Yai, the party area was along Thamannonvithee Road. There at Lee Garden Plaza were also a lot of street walkers. Some soapies, I remember: Pink Lady.

However, the real Red Light district  is approximately 50km southwards, in a border town: Danok. 

The business is less oriented on Farang, but mostly focussed on Malaysian Chinese. So the style is different to Pattaya or Patpong and a lot of massage.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2020 at 15:43, insearchofxxx said:

Weil, it's quite a number of years ago for me ... but to give you some starting point for checking actual information in the internet:

In Hat Yai, the party area was along Thamannonvithee Road. There at Lee Garden Plaza were also a lot of street walkers. Some soapies, I remember: Pink Lady.

However, the real Red Light district  is approximately 50km southwards, in a border town: Danok. 

The business is less oriented on Farang, but mostly focussed on Malaysian Chinese. So the style is different to Pattaya or Patpong and a lot of massage.

thank you.for this i am looking on you tube https://www.youtube.com/user/aomusic2519/videos there is definite potential for a few days down there i will combine it with sightseeing or something. am i right in thinking its cheaper than pattaya or about the same  

Edited by chris5566

I've been to HY many times as, among others, my family-in-law has a home there and I live about 200 km southeast of there.

Great place to experience southern Thai culture with a mix of Malay influences  and many tourist visitors from the southern neighbour.

Don't know too much about the nightlife, but I did pick up a FL close to the train station once.

Dannok is the nightlife-oriented hotspot as has been stated indeed, though during daytime it's boring as shit. In all my visits there I never saw another farang. Only Malaysians, both Malays, Chinese and Indians,

• Like 1