IGNORED

Airport to Pattaya Bus

KRR

I put a dummy booking into www.belltravelservice.com/ but nothing happened. So it looks as though Bell Bus between Suvarnabhumi (BKK) and Pattaya may not be running at the moment.

As for the other bus services, I cannot say.

Once travel opens up a bit, may be worth checking.

According to 103FM Headline News some bus companies are not accepting foreign customers.

7 hours ago, Sac Les said:

According to 103FM Headline News some bus companies are not accepting foreign customers.

Don't think that would work too well with airporter bus services. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 hours ago, Sac Les said:

I think that was the story on only 1 of the government bus services. And they retracted that AFAIK.

None of the commercial bus services banned foreigners I think.

As of the original question, I don't know. 

The 16 June Headline News reported that the company or companies that wouldn't transport non Thais were now transporting all passengers.

On 16/06/2020 at 21:10, kd_traveller said:

image.png.6b4c8c997ec69c35d106bf69d800097d.png

Lol. They should post that on the homepage. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm flying down from Chiang Mai tomorrow, but unfortunately neither Bell-Bus nor the regular service-bus are running yet, so have booked with Nam Taxi for the first time, oh well it's only money !  Sob !   :rolleyes:

Pity they can't respond to the reduced level of business, now that domestic-travel has restarted, by at-least running a minibus service, but TiT.

Edited by semi-retired member

13 minutes ago, semi-retired member said:

I'm flying down from Chiang Mai tomorrow, but unfortunately neither Bell-Bus nor the regular service-bus are running yet, so have booked with Nam Taxi for the first time, oh well it's only money !  Sob !   :rolleyes:

Pity they can't respond to the reduced level of business, now that domestic-travel has restarted, by at-least running a minibus service, but TiT.

I took the bell bus on 2 march there were 8 of us on it and it was every two hours, returned to Bangkok on 22 march was picked up from guesthouse as normal but we got on a normal blue bus they combined services with other companies to the airport.Really there is no demand for buses or even minibuses.

• Like 1

Clearly there is some demand, now that domestic-travel/has resumed, the question is how to preserve some of the jobs by operating a service on a break-even/profitable basis ?

I've long wondered why Don Muang, with 30+ million budget-passengers a year, couldn't justify a minibus-service every few hours ?

I suspect the answer is the taxi-mafia, but perhaps I think too mut ! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Great news, hope they get enough business to maintain it, as having to use a taxi (however good) or bus via Ekamai would be a major pain-in-the-butt IMO ! :wink:

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

Departures posted on their website as 09.00, 12.00 & 16.00 from Suvanabhumi, and also same times, leaving from Jomtien, boarding supposed to start 15-minutes before departure.

13 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

Where is the drop off near Central Pattaya?

I normally stay close to LK Metro?

Well I usually stay in accommodation on Soi Buakhao.So get off on the  last stop in bus station at Jomtien.There is always usually one or two baht buses around to take you where you want to go.But the price is not 10 baht as it is private hire..I think about 200-250 Baht to your hotel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Well I usually stay in accommodation on Soi Buakhao.So get off on the  last stop in bus station at Jomtien.There is always usually one or two baht buses around to take you where you want to go.But the price is not 10 baht as it is private hire..I think about 200-250 Baht to your hotel.

The bus stops a couple of times in pattaya before it gets to Jomtien,on Sukhumvit I guess,arrange with the driver or his mate.its a bit of a scrum with the motor dops but if you only have a small bag no problem. 

On 13/07/2020 at 12:56, semi-retired member said:

I've long wondered why Don Muang, with 30+ million budget-passengers a year, couldn't justify a minibus-service every few hours ?

Google says - https://thaiest.com/thailand/bangkok/mo-chit-bus-terminal - (but entry is not dated so need to be sure it is current). Mo Chit bus station is not far from DMK; there is a shuttle bus service.

Pattaya

Buses to Pattaya are provided by Roong Reuang Coach. Buses of this company depart approximately every 30 to 40 minutes. The first bus leaves at 04:30 and the last at 22:00. The journey from Mo Chit Bus Station to Pattaya takes about 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on traffic conditions. The current fare is 128 baht per person. The bus brings passengers to its own bus terminal on North Pattaya road.

Edited by Bonkabit
  • Thanks 1

Can confirm only 3X daily buses from BKK, last one pretty early (before 3pm I think).

I flew in yesterday.  Went to floor 1 to buy a bus ticket and they only had three buses a day.  the post above says the last bus is 16:00 but I recall it being a lot earlier for the last bus like maybe 130.  I should have taken a photo of the sign. Rang Ruen company.  Not staffed when I arrived.

Went to info booth they said, oh don't worry, more buses at the Transit Center so I went there. I thought that would be the 392(?) bus to Pattaya. Anyway guess the only Pattaya bus is the same one as I saw at the airport, and a sign at the Transit Center says "go to terminal to buy ticket floor 1" which would be a real time waster.  

A nice bus lady came up and put me on the instantly departing bus to Laem Chang for 110B, and the driver stopped at a minibus stop that then went to Pattaya for another 80b. The stupid Motobike taxis wanted 80B for the 1.2 miles to The Base from top of Central Pattaya Road @ Suk, so I just walked out of spite, and to get some exercise.  It was 8pm so it was nice and breezy.  Somehow there was no 7-11 on the first half of the walk on my side of the road, but eventually one showed up and got a cold beer to complete the walk.  Landed BKK at 430, bus left transit center at 530, Pattaya Arrival at 8:00.   Got to The Base at 825pm. Could have grabbed a taxi at 5pm and arrived I guess at 730 or so, but now I've got an extra 800B to contribute to the lady economy instead of the taxi economy.  

Other option was taxi (30 mins 140b) or BTS (1 hr) to Ekkami and then 130B for the 2.5 hour bus ride.  I'd head back to Transit Center again and try my luck.  On the way back, I imagine my flight would be early enough I could catch one of the 3 airport buses as I wouldn't know where to grab the bus in Chonburi or LamChang for BKK.

Per the EKKAMI-Pattaya bus service, a few weeks ago it was running once every 90 minutes or so, not every 90 mins as per previous post.  No idea about from Mo Chit but probably the same.  If you fly to DMK, it would be a cheap quick taxi (or even cheaper bus) to Mo Chit and then the bus to Pattaya.  

• 2 weeks later...

Their website is now showing four departures  ...

"                                                                          SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT-Jomtien bus station

DEPARTURE TIMES

09:00, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00  "

Edited by semi-retired member

• 1 year later...

I see it being reported that the Airport Bus will start running again on the 1st of November.

Suvarnabhumi to Thepprasit

Suvarnabhumi to Thepprasit (Guessing this should read the other way round?)

Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin

Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi

248427203_2570620223081644_325234796692978463_n.thumb.jpg.3242367238e178d7ccc2f9b51addeaee.jpg

Edited by Leo_Bia
  • Like 4