IGNORED

Anyone own a Markland Condo?

ginseng

Just now, wadman said:

Wow, 40 baht per sqm is quite a bit for Thailand.  On a 55 sqm condo, that's 2200 baht a month.  I take it your condo has a nice pool.  This is just another reason to rent instead of buy.

I say 55 sqm because that's the size I would be comfortable with on a long term basis.  I am currently renting a 36 sqm 1 bedroom unit at the Grand Avenue, and while it's fine for short term, there are a few annoyances.  There is no dinner table, no work desk (there is a coffee table that folds out into a bigger table at a decent height, but still...).  There is also very little storage space.

Nice pool along with saunas in the men and ladies bathrooms at the pool.  We only have 55 units so fewer owners to split the costs but very quiet.  No studios, 1 bedrooms range from  90 to 110 sqm and 2 bedrooms from 145 to 170 sqm.  Also you want your revenue to exceed the monthly cost.  Condos that don't will wind up in the future charging a special assesment when it comes time to paint or do other major repairs.  I currently own a 750 sq foot condo in Sacramento and pay 220 USD a month in fees.  

13 minutes ago, wadman said:

EDIT: a quick Google says that property transfer fees is 2%.  On a 3 million baht unit, that's 60k.  

Thanks, I always wondered what  was the %, since I bought new there either wasn't a transfer fee or it was just included in the purchase price.

On 13/06/2020 at 17:41, ginseng said:

I once got stuck in an elevator for 30 minutes in an old hotel in Pattaya (don't remember which) one of the worst experiences of my life. Death Trap elevator is not good. I welcome other opinions about Markland and suggestions for other condos too. Quiet, good location and no death trap elevator.

appreciate the replies.

I have lived here for 16 years. P.M. me and I will show you around Markland. In the last 3 years the new Juristic person and association have done many improvements. The other people are way off the Mark. Pardon the pun.

Jack

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 04:11, Rainsberger said:

Used to stay in the Beach View hotel which is next store to the Markland and i also watched this place being built from the start in the 1990's with even concrete falling from it into the Beach View swimming pool while i was there.

Have to say never stay there but have heard the Maintenance leaves much to be desired  and it's very much in need of a face job and is not being looked after very well. 

It is not next door to Beach View and the concrete would have to fall a couple of blocks away. And the rest of your assessment is not correct either.

Jack

On 15/06/2020 at 00:59, WhiteThai said:

The prices would have to vary greatly, southside-northside, high-floor low-floor, front of building or back. I pretty sure that a condo can be bought there for as low as 2.5. Or maybe even 2 million considering what's going on in LOS.

But it's a shithole. 

You could probably get a condo for 2.5 on the north side with no view. And fix it up for 500 to 700k. But the view ones are around 4 million like Cheetos said. He lived here for a while and has much more current info. than you do.

Jack

On 13/06/2020 at 17:09, ginseng said:

I'm considering buying a condo in Pattaya. I was thinking about The Base and Centric Sea because I like the location and modern design and sea views but upon further research including this site was reading both have thin walls and a lot of noisy tourists.

I lived in a condo in Bangkok in 2008 that was built in the late 90s. It was ugly as hell and had the old Thai style but the walls were solid concrete and I never heard a noise. I was wondering if the same is true of Markland Condos as far as THICK walls and QUIET rooms since they were built around the same time. Since the building is old the price is steeply discounted. On the higher floors the view looks good. Not hearing my neighbors chatter all night is my top priority. I figure for the discounted price at Markland I could afford to pay to renovate the whole interior and make it modern on the inside. I don't care if the building itself is old as long as the construction and maintenance is solid. Thanks

https://goo.gl/maps/6Kw2xCnejda9ucYw5

I really hope you take the time to come to Markland and look around yourself. There is so much inaccurate info. in these reviews it is hard to refute it all.

Jack

40 minutes ago, axunjaxn said:

I have lived here for 16 years. P.M. me and I will show you around Markland. In the last 3 years the new Juristic person and association have done many improvements. The other people are way off the Mark. Pardon the pun.

Jack

I have been waiting for your response to some of these remarks about Markland! :)

I've been in your unit and it's quite nice! 

3 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

I have been waiting for your response to some of these remarks about Markland! :)

I've been in your unit and it's quite nice! 

Markland  is nothing like they portrayed it. I just want the guy to have correct info. before he makes a choice and not listen to fake reports.

Jack

• Like 2

7 hours ago, axunjaxn said:

It is not next door to Beach View and the concrete would have to fall a couple of blocks away. And the rest of your assessment is not correct either.

Jack

Sorry mate your wrong i stayed at the Beach View hotel for 10 years in the 1990's so i know what I'm talking about, although it is not called Beach View now it changed to the Sanderlay and has changed again i believe, my room was an end room 207 right over the swimming pool and closest to the Markland complex and although they had an extending canopy concrete did breach the canopy and fall into the swimming pool i never have forgotten this mate, My other assessment is also right because an expat friend of mine had a condo there  for many years again an  end of block on the 5 or 7th floor and told me many things about the Markland and how it was aloud to deterioate he has since moved out of the Markland.

Edited by Rainsberger

5 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Sorry mate your wrong i stayed at the Beach View hotel for 10 years in the 1990's so i know what I'm talking about, although it is not called Beach View now it changed to the Sanderlay and has changed again i believe, my room was an end room 207 right over the swimming pool and closest to the Markland complex and although they had an extending canopy concrete did breach the canopy and fall into the swimming pool i never have forgotten this mate, My other assessment is also right because an expat friend of mine had a condo there  for many years again an  end of block on the 5 or 7th floor and told me many things about the Markland and how it was aloud to deterioate he has since moved out of the Markland.

The 5th floor is the swimming pool fitness level, and I'm almost sure everything below 9th level is reserved for hotel guests, no private owners. Do I dispute some facts here.

I've stayed many times at Marklands and never had a bad time.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

3 hours ago, moon71 said:

The 5th floor is the swimming pool fitness level, and I'm almost sure everything below 9th level is reserved for hotel guests, no private owners. Do I dispute some facts here.

I've stayed many times at Marklands and never had a bad time.

Must admit it was a very long time ago and have forgotten what floor my friend stayed in it was some 17years ago.

12 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Do you realize how out of date your info. is? I have lived here for 16 years so I have some knowledge of it. What you said has occurred in the past but things have changed dramatically. Such as Beach View being in a different location and the old one called Sandalay still next door. Your friend must have moved a long time ago. The 7th floor is the first floor for living spaces. We had boutique hotes on floor 7  to 12 I believe. They are gone now. Markland is very quiet noise wise and people wise. It has a Tops Supermarket and a Coffee Club and of course The Teddy Bear Museum. Things change in 20 or 25 years.

Jack