IGNORED

Darkside: Aroi Pub and Resto

FB has been pushing some ads about this place to me, probably because I do not live all that far from it. I decided to give it a try tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/aroipattayapubresto/

I like this place and will return. The menu is pretty broad with Italian, other Farang, and Thai food. There is a noticeable Belgian influence in the Farang selections. Service was very good and the owner stopped by to check that all was going well. The owner is an interesting guy who is quite knowledgeable of the overall Pattaya food scene. The restaurant is in a bit of a remodeling process, but shaping up very nicely. They have been in the area for years but had to change locations due to a zoning ordinance. They were a little too close to a school to be able to sell alcohol. Another positive is that have GREAT parking.

We were served some warm bread and pate, while we waited for our entries. Both the bead and pate were pretty good.

1749510947_Aroi-A.thumb.jpg.afbd3a991f04536528c90a16499b1991.jpg

The GF ordered a seafood Thai dish. She said it was pretty decent.

1098296591_Aroi-B.thumb.jpg.35f9172ba3496d7e33af58c13c6a2b16.jpg

I opted for the Belgian Beef Stew. The sauce was very tasty, but the meat could have been a little more tender.

1505191502_Aroi-C.thumb.jpg.0974f2a64daa00a77ffebfc644354bc0.jpg

All in all I liked the place. Most entries are under 300. Some might think that the portions are a little smallish, but I thought they were about right. I already eat too damn much. Obviously this is off of the baht bus route.

I had a very interesting talk with the owner. He supplies wines to some of the better Jomtien restaurants and has a very decent inventory at Aroi. He recommended several other Darkside restaurants and I will be looking into those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2