IGNORED

Posting Photos of Alcoholic Beverage Containers Invite Fines

Some forum members will post pics of a tasty bottle of beer or wine with the label purposely showing.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1167531-social-media-users-warned-after-company-fined-50k-thb-sharing-beer-photos-on-facebook/?utm_source=newsletter-20200608-1255&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, likeaking said:

Yes. My GF works at Pattaya City Hall and this morning showed me the same from her FB page. 

Read the 2nd Post in the thread where it basically says its nonsense.

“The law only aims to prevent the advertising of alcoholic beverages on media platforms,” he added. “If the poster has no commercial intention, he/she cannot be fined.”

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

So we don't need to worry while we're a drinking a chang in Soi Baukao while taking a selfie wearing our string vests with sandals and white socks!

Glad that's cleared up:Laugh1:

54 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Read the 2nd Post in the thread where it basically says its nonsense.

“The law only aims to prevent the advertising of alcoholic beverages on media platforms,” he added. “If the poster has no commercial intention, he/she cannot be fined.”

"Kamron added that “commercial intention” includes promoting the beverage’s characteristics (taste, effects) and persuading the public – either directly or indirectly – to drink."

The above paragraph follows whitespider's quoted one. It leaves enough room for interpretation, IMO, that someone posting a pic of an empty, labeled bottle of wine or beer and writes it was good or even adequate, may be liable for fines. My original post was intended as an alert for forum members with a linked reference. Up to you. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.