IGNORED

Decent place for longer stay

bestexe

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of spending a couple of months in Thailand at some point later this year.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place to stay in Pattaya. My budget anywhere in 15000 to 20000 THB range.

What I need is a place with reliable Wi-Fi, some form of workspace, bathroom and A/C - and of course, guest friendly.

What I'd like (not mandatory) is  pool / gym access, some form of periodic cleaning service, bathtub in the bathroom. Anything on top of this is a welcome add-on, but not really important.

Location wise - ideally not some random back alley, reasonably close to the beach would be great.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Also, any other good sites to look through aside from Agoda and AirBnB?

Thanks for your help.

This question has been asked on here many many times and the simple answer is...it all depends upon the individual as to what he prefers.....the best thing you can do is book yourself into a central hotel for a few nights and take a look at what is on offer in the area which suits you best....there,s an oversupply of accommodation here so you will have no worries about finding your Utopia...good luck :ThumbUp6:

35 minutes ago, petermik said:

This question has been asked on here many many times and the simple answer is...it all depends upon the individual as to what he prefers.....the best thing you can do is book yourself into a central hotel for a few nights and take a look at what is on offer in the area which suits you best....there,s an oversupply of accommodation here so you will have no worries about finding your Utopia...good luck :ThumbUp6:

Agreed, get there and have a look around.  Otherwise you will be stuck in a place you possibly don’t like for months and regretting not taking this advice. 

why close to the beach? for those know the beach and its locale, it's not an area visited more than a few times whether u stay a few weeks or months or years. some nice places around 3rd road 'tween south and central roads, easy to get to the beach for that odd visit. agree the pool is a must though. and agree with above post. get a room for a few days and do a bit of footwork, with a bevvy in between viewings. hostess bars and restaurants a plenty around there as well.

1 hour ago, Mal-Larky said:

it's not an area visited more than a few times whether u stay a few weeks or months or years

Speak for yourself.

You can try renting a condo/apartment.  They are much cheaper these days, and likely for months to come.  I am at Grand Avenue apartments, paying 17k  (on a month-to-month deal) for 1 bedroom 36 sqm apartment.  Usually, these go for 15k on an annual lease, or 25k per month.  I am probably paying too much considering the situation.  For a new tenant coming in, I would offer somewhere between 10-14k on a monthly deal.

This does not include utilities.  I am using the public wifi from the buildings, which is ok now, as there aren't many tenants around.  You can always pay for a MIFI at around 500 b per month. 

There are no cleaning services included in my deal, and I am surprised that none is advertised/offered.  You would think that considering the massive unemployment currently, some enterprising soul would offer his/her services.

No bathtub either.

Under normal circumstances, Grand Avenue would be very well located (it's just behind Avenue Mall).  But right now, soi Buakhao is the humming area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here but it is good to have a starting point.

If you like the LK Metro area and don't mind a bit older, go and have a look at Diana Estates (put it on your list to check out). It is super central, 2 pools, cafe, laundry on site. Seems quiet.

7 minutes ago, wadman said:

You can try renting a condo/apartment.

Just to add, if you want to peek inside and see what they look like, layout, SQM etc, I have had some fun on this site - https://www.thailand-property.com/

It will also show you what current rents are, normally for 6 or 12 months but as wadman has experienced, there is a lot of flexibility in the market now.

For 20k you can get a nice place at VT6 with a balcony overlooking the ocean southside. There's nothing like getting a BJ with a ocean view, it's something you'll remember forever. 555

12 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

For 20k you can get a nice place at VT6 with a balcony overlooking the ocean southside. There's nothing like getting a BJ with a ocean view, it's something you'll remember forever. 555

Never thought about that...I,m turned on by seeing her head bobbing up and down to take a look anywhere else.....:Laugh1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

check out the lkgroup https://www.lkpattaya.com/  two places I know of, the lkmetropole on soi diana, serviced rooms some with kitchenette. think was around 20k month, has gym, pool a bit overlooked by passing soi diana traffic. stones throw to the beach, and close to the LK Metro entertainment area. friend of mine stayed there 6 months, was happy enough. lkroyalsuites klang end of soi buakhao, busy location, nice pool above restaurant area, so not so overlooked. beach a little further, but still walkable. baht buses galore to Walking Street and S6. market area and beer bars nearby. has a range of rooms from basic hotel rooms across a soi to luxury suites on higher floors. monthly rates also, check out the website. P Plus hotel (on what was soi exzyte) is fairly new, gym and pool, some rooms overlooked, some rooms good view over east pattaya, check that the better rooms are available before handing over your cash. near LK Metro, and again a bit of a stroll to the beach.(10 mins)

Thanks to everyone for replying. I was finding something when i get there, but it's a bit intimidating - I'm not sure exactly where to go looking, it's not my 1st time in Thailand but I always went to hotels, with everything except the company booked well in advance.

Also thanks for the sites suggested, they'll help for sure, regardless what I decide

• 3 months later...
On 05/06/2020 at 19:52, 1500B said:

I'm not disagreeing with anyone here but it is good to have a starting point.

If you like the LK Metro area and don't mind a bit older, go and have a look at Diana Estates (put it on your list to check out). It is super central, 2 pools, cafe, laundry on site. Seems quiet.

Noisy (Treetown) shoeboxes without bathtubs.

Mosquito grand central and serious price gouging on electric useage.

• Thanks 1

Bestexe, I would book a hotel somewhere between Second and Third roads (east to west) and Central and, say, Soi Diana (north/South) for a few nights. Around Soi Buakaow for example. Easy to get around from there and you need to see them first. Agoda might give you some ideas