Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Boosh

Ok.

Recommended Posts

The Mighty Boosh

Ten year member of good standing never a complaint who contributed oodles then banned (not even warned) for the following post: 

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

This seems excessive. 
Jerry: since this is your topic - just change it to be more inclusive “Jerry’s musings on his experiences and amazing boobies”. 
 

Also, more boobies please.

Sheesh. Really?

Nothing kills lively boards more than over zealous admins. 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

You’re not banned. This is a ‘time out’ in order to avoid giving a Warning and points - that have consequences. How you respond here determines what happens next.

I’m sure the Mod who put you here will reply. Given the time difference, probably tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Sheesh. Really?

No, not "really", if you where banned you wouldn't be able to see anything or post anything.

 

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

contributed oodles

Quality is definitely preferred over quantity but bit of a stretch calling what, around 30 posts per year, "oodles" don't you think.

 

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Nothing kills lively boards more than over zealous admins. 

Other than people ignoring guidelines/rules of the community, ignoring friendly reminders and undermining those that give their time to keep a pleasant community running ... pleasantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh
2 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

No, not "really", if you where banned you wouldn't be able to see anything or post anything.

 

Quality is definitely preferred over quantity but bit of a stretch calling what, around 30 posts per year, "oodles" don't you think.

 

Other than people ignoring guidelines/rules of the community, ignoring friendly reminders and undermining those that give their time to keep a pleasant community running ... pleasantly.

So you think that was an acceptable first response to that post? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh

I’d also suggest taking a look at the number of Agoda bookings I’ve done through the site over the years. 

But whatever. Don’t put yourself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

So you think that was an acceptable first response to that post? 

Yes I do, if you disagree you have options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
5 hours ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

I’d also suggest taking a look at the number of Agoda bookings I’ve done through the site over the years. 

But whatever. Don’t put yourself out. 

 

If you had read back , there were three warnings  ( of a friendly nature) counting the last one. What people sometimes don't see is the garbage political posts that are posted , also the topic is nothing to do with Covid, if we allowed a free for all then every thread would be about Covid  only.

My comment was  directed at jerry in this instance, then you jumped in and told jerry to ignore us and to" post away" and change the topic title. These  sorts of comments are just undermining the Mod team ( don't you think it would be a turn for the worst changing the topic to Covid rather than boobs and ass.)

As for me  being harsh, I would consider myself rather on the lenient side.  When a mod makes comment giving direction or even a friendly suggestion to tone things down etc, then it would be wise not to get involved as it will only acerbate the situation. It will only lead to the possibility of people getting banned or points or restrictions of some kind, not really what we want to do. I placed you in this section of the forum to avoid further  conflict and de-escalate the situation.

I need an assurance that you will not get involved between a mod and any direction they may provide to members from time to time.

Then you're free to go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh
48 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

 

If you had read back , there were three warnings  ( of a friendly nature) counting the last one. What people sometimes don't see is the garbage political posts that are posted , also the topic is nothing to do with Covid, if we allowed a free for all then every thread would be about Covid  only.

My comment was  directed at jerry in this instance, then you jumped in and told jerry to ignore us and to" post away" and change the topic title. These  sorts of comments are just undermining the Mod team ( don't you think it would be a turn for the worst changing the topic to Covid rather than boobs and ass.)

As for me  being harsh, I would consider myself rather on the lenient side.  When a mod makes comment giving direction or even a friendly suggestion to tone things down etc, then it would be wise not to get involved as it will only acerbate the situation. It will only lead to the possibility of people getting banned or points or restrictions of some kind, not really what we want to do. I placed you in this section of the forum to avoid further  conflict and de-escalate the situation.

I need an assurance that you will not get involved between a mod and any direction they may provide to members from time to time.

Then you're free to go.  

Had that been your first comment to me I would of gleefully complied.  I’ve complained about users before and they have received warnings. This was capricious and petty particularly if you view it in context. 

I refuse to believe the other moderators would do this to someone for a single post done in a lighthearted tone. I’m thinking I’m paying for your frustration with Jerry. 

Honestly, this is all about the high stakes of low consequences - y’all want me here or not. Up to you  


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
40 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Had that been your first comment to me I would of gleefully complied.  I’ve complained about users before and they have received warnings. This was capricious and petty particularly if you view it in context. 

I refuse to believe the other moderators would do this to someone for a single post done in a lighthearted tone. I’m thinking I’m paying for your frustration with Jerry. 

Honestly, this is all about the high stakes of low consequences - y’all want me here or not. Up to you  


 

 

 

Up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
42 minutes ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Had that been your first comment to me I would of gleefully complied.

 I’ve complained about users before and they have received warnings

. Not sure what you're referring to here. This was capricious and petty particularly if you view it in context. If you're referring t my comment in the thread then it was not capricious , my actions were entirely appropriate.

I refuse to believe the other moderators would do this to someone for a single post done in a lighthearted tone.

Your belief doesn't hold value as you do not see what goes on with other infractions.

 

I’m thinking I’m paying for your frustration with Jerry. 

You are paying for your flippant attitude which is still apparent.

Honestly, this is all about the high stakes of low consequences - y’all want me here or not. Up to you

As  I said "Up to you" how it proceeds , I spelt it out for you in my previous post and gave you an easy out.  But.........  on it goes

Don't drive the car down a dead end .


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh

Please delete my account. This discussion has no value outside of inflating the self-worth of those in need of it. My rancor is best focused elsewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh

Also please delete the entirety of my content on this site. I do not consent in anyway shape or form it’s continued use on this site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
3 hours ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Please delete my account. This discussion has no value outside of inflating the self-worth of those in need of it. My rancor is best focused elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, The Mighty Boosh said:

Also please delete the entirety of my content on this site. I do not consent in anyway shape or form it’s continued use on this site. 

Not the way it works nor what you agreed to on joining the site.

If you want to turn a molehill into a mountain up to you, there is nobody forcing you to login. It really is quite simple, comply with the RULES you agreed to on accessing the site and there is no issue.

A simple acknowledgement of the fact that undermining a mod in an open forum is not a wise thing to do and you'd have been back to your normal access yesterday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Mighty Boosh

I’m respectfully asking to have my content removed - something that would of taken far less time than the unwarranted and pedantic lecturing. 

Please confirm that it is the official position of the site you will not be doing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real

Asked and answered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.