IGNORED

The Fuji Camera Thread!

Petesie

I've started this thread as I've been a fan of Fuji for some years now as I'm sure a few of you have! My first Fuji was a wee X10, deviated to a Sony RX100 then moved onto the X100f; finally after a swift visit to Big Camera today I now have the X-T4! :wink:

Big Camera's prices are similar to Jessops with the same sort of deals, they are very helpful and will assist in the initial set up.

S__12738563.jpg

S__12738568.jpg

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Fuji X-T4 First Impressions

Another popular model in their line up is the recent uplift to the X100 series, the Fujifilm X100V. :)

I met a great chap in Big Camera and we had a good old natter about the X100f, he'd brought his in for a service. He showed me some outstanding photos he'd taken on his travels, a street photography guy which the X100 series is perfect for; you can now pick up an earlier model at a very good price. 

Fuji X100V - Hands On Initial Review

I chose the 16 - 80mm F4 as my X-T4's bundle lens; it got great reviews and the one today already had the recent software upgrade...or so they said. It had 1.02, now up to 1.04 so I'll do that later as I'd already downloaded it just to be sure. :wink:

Fujifilm 16 - 80mm F4 Hands On Quick Review

I've just joined the club Pete after 18 years with Nikon DSLR's (Last being a D810), I've just bought an X-T3 with the the 16-80 f4 lens as well. I went with the XT-3 rather than the 4 as I shoot virtually exclusive still photography and will only using lenses with Image stabilisation built in so there was just no need to get the latest for me. Oh and Fuji dropped the price by £450 so that helped as well :)

We will have to compare notes when I come to Pattaya, I popped out to Whitby in the UK on the first day I had the camera, I think it is going to suit me well. 

01711.thumb.jpg.c52c2d9b64a8d03bea9b9051170885f7.jpg1.thumb.jpg.4ddfd0c3af20af804ffc151db4e67218.jpg260018308_TheImagefinder-1.thumb.jpg.0b77d6d5f8a6d61ec747dd66769b72c6.jpg

45 minutes ago, Petesie said:

they are very helpful and will assist in the initial set up.

Can I ask to which Big camera shop you have been ?

I went this morning to the one in T-21 and I did not leave as their happiest customer (i.e. will not come back).

11 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

I've just joined the club Pete after 18 years with Nikon DSLR's (Last being a D810), I've just bought an X-T3 with the the 16-80 f4 lens as well. I went with the XT-3 rather than the 4 as I shoot virtually exclusive still photography and will only using lenses with Image stabilisation built in so there was just no need to get the latest for me. Oh and Fuji dropped the price by £450 so that helped as well :) We will have to compare notes when I come to Pattaya, I popped out to Whitby in the UK on the first day I had the camera, I think it is going to suit me well. 

Aye lad. :wink:

Great pics.

I had intended to go for the X-T3 until I found out that the 4 had been released.

My last Nikon was a Df, I finally reached the full frame and realised I wasn't that keen on the camera, wasn't ready to sink any more dosh into their lenses either. Kept it for 18 months then swapped it for an Omega Seamaster. I have an older D300s sat on a shelf in Ireland too, still have a couple of lenses so may convert that into infra red. I was however keen on the 10-24 lens, enjoyed using that on my D300s.

As the fella was doing my paperwork today I noticed the Fuji 10 - 24 on the shelf...:huh:

4 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Can I ask to which Big camera shop you have been ? I went this morning to the one in T-21 and I did not leave as their happiest customer (i.e. will not come back).

I always use the one in Central Festival, they've always been very helpful & I've previously bought a few things from them. :wink:

I usually do my homework prior to a visit, general price of what I want to buy in UK & US, price & offers on Big Camera website & check out the latest You Tube reviews, I also check DP Review website for the ratings and review. 

• Like 2

Stokielad mentioned earlier that he got a great deal on the X-T3; I very nearly pulled the trigger on that too but the Covid restrictions meant there was no way I could get my digits actually on one as the shops were closed...so I hung on. Further research made me aware of a few important aspects of my next impending purchase.

• Value - I'd already set aside the money to buy the X-T3, recent price drops meant for the same sum I could get the newer model, used X-T3 prices did not tumble so there was no point in going down that route.
  • Latest Model - You get all the benefits of the upgraded variant, you also retain a strong used value should you wish to move it on.

Great deals can now be had on the earlier X-T2 which is a fabulous camera with great specifications. :wink:

I was using Canon 5D2 with 24-70/2.8 for many years, a good combination, but very heavy and, for people photography, rather intimidating due to its size. I bought a X100s in 2013 as a back up and rapidly found I was using that a lot more then my Canon.

now got the X100f, great camera as well as an XE3, with a range of lenses, although I usually carry both with a 50/2.0 on the XE3, a great combination.

welcome to the club!

A few pics I've found I took around town on my first day my X100f. :wink:

36680C03-E16C-494C-842D-A17CE69C63CE.jpg3DE1D9B7-3242-42D9-A2AF-726D3B2637E1.jpg

F46298EE-9C16-4EE0-BC83-92AF0041A7F2.jpg

8BFDF557-4E3B-406D-9B6F-23FE4C127886.jpg

B0E9A73F-7F8B-4FF0-BCD5-089285CB1910.jpg

Edited by Petesie

I did get one of the original X-T10 models when they were first released, awesome retro stying and great pics...shelf life wasn't great though & reliability issues started to creep in.

The Fuji X-T30 however gets rave reviews & is very affordable...I have a few friends who own one and swear by it.

FUJIFILM X-T30 Promotional Video

Edited by Petesie

This X-A7 is a fairly recent release. :wink:

FUJIFILM X-A7 Promotional Video

• 1 month later...

Great thread. If the X-A7 is anything like the X-A5 it's going to be a good value although the 15-45mm power zoom lens that comes in a kit leaves a lot to be desired. And apparently the X-A7 can be used as a webcam per some new software that Fujifilm has just released.

To me the X-T30 doesn't bring enough benefits to the proposition to put it ahead of the X-T20 which is an amazing little camera. Yes, the 30 has better focus tracking and a slightly larger sensor, but for still scenes the 20 is just as good. Also the 30 doesn't have the configurable D-pad of the 20 which makes so many settings quickly available instead of going through menus.

• Like 1

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

• 1 year later...

Let's bring this thread back to life. Have a XT-20 for a couple of years, still very happy with it and prefer it due to its compact size.
During the holidays I concluded to get rid of all of my other cameras I bought over the years, the DSLR had not been used since 2014. 
Checked online what I can get for the stuff, didn't expect much at all. Then it happened, saw a used X-H1 in Mint condition, which I liked when I bought the XT-20 back then. Decided on the spot to go for it and still get some cash back.
Having it a couple of weeks now, like the pics and the handling of it so far. Not the latest tech but good enough for my limited skills. Not exactly a travel camera, for that I will stick to the 20. Anyone else still using the H1?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Got an XS 10 early last year and very happy with the set up, and the grip in particular.  Looking forward to eventually getting back to Los later in the year and giving it a spin, along with my older XT 30.  Happy days :)

• Like 2

Bought an XT-4 as a retirement present...it's presently retired, never used it. All my snaps are i-phone...Bumblebee told me years ago...fill the frame, I'm still filling it. 😎

S__843808.jpg

Edited by Petesie
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Petesie said:

Bumblebee told me years ago...fill the frame, I'm still filling it. 😎

You certainly are Petesie, nice filling 😉   Looks like I logged in on an old account by mistake yesterday, finally found my details for this account.  Hope to catch up later in the year, maybe I can motivate you to drag out the old XT-4 for a day or night :)

As ye told me years ago, the real pic is in there somewhere, look at the pic above & see the tiger on the guys jacket...:wink:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Petesie said:

As ye told me years ago, the real pic is in there somewhere, look at the pic above & see the tiger on the guys jacket...:wink:

Ah yes, missed that on first viewing :)

• 1 year later...

I'm a Nikon guy, have a D810, 2x D700's and 2x D200's but I've just purchased a Fuji S5 Pro.... It's basically a D200 with Fuji sensor. With it being a Nikon F-mount I can use it with my Nikkor lenses!!! Looking forward to seeing what it can do....

Gone Bananas!!!

10 hours ago, socrates said:

Anywhere in Pattaya to repair a Fuji camera - battery charging issues - tried all the online fixes

Nobody in Patts that I would trust with it. Send it to the Fuji service place in BKK, they are excelllent.

• 5 months later...

Hi, i have an Xpro 3 and having problems setting Q menu, save recipes.

I have spent hours following youtube and also been in Big Camera at Central. who could not get it working.

Selecting the menu is easy, but to save i can't scroll to page three, so i use the disp/back button. Once saved i can't open it. I just have options to save or edit.

If anyone has an answer or can advice me i would be very grateful. I am riding to South Thailand soon i it would be nice to have fixed by then.

Thanks 

Chris

@cjs

this is how it works on a H1:

• press Q to go to the Quick menu
  • in the Quick menu, press Q again for 3 seconds - Window with the custom setting will pop up
  • select the on you want to change by pressing the right button (D Pad buttons around MENU/ok)
  • menu for changes will open, do the changes. Save Current Settings is on the top