IGNORED

Best Pies In Pattaya Free delivery

Footymadstreams

I suspect (near 100%) that I am in the minority, and with most foreign visitors being gone, it hardly matters. BUT, it sure would be nice if some of these pie vendors made veggie pies. There's that pie cart that used to run down Soi Pothole that 'advertised' a veggie pie, but there was never one I saw actually on the cart to buy. 

• Like 1

As a Brit, I always claimed that we made the best pies. Used to transit through Wigan regularly (home of all pies) and changed stations from Wigan Wallgate to Wigan North Western, passing a home made pie shop on the 200 yard walk. Always grabbed one of their pies to eat on the rest of my journey. Irresistable.

On retiring to Thailand, I was recommended to try an Aussie pie. Wow, better than anything the UK produces. The best pies in the world. If i'm ever in dire need of a pie, its Tinnies for me, the best pies I've ever tasted.

Tried a pie on my one and only visit to Caddyshack about 12 months ago, steak and mushroom. Can't say that it was particularly memorable.

Edit: @Garzan Tinnies also do veggie pies.

Edited by petemoss
  • Like 2

That would be Pooles Pies near Wigan train station, not to sure about the 200 yard walk from station to station more like 100 

Edited by Footymadstreams
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

I suspect (near 100%) that I am in the minority, and with most foreign visitors being gone, it hardly matters. BUT, it sure would be nice if some of these pie vendors made veggie pies. There's that pie cart that used to run down Soi Pothole that 'advertised' a veggie pie, but there was never one I saw actually on the cart to buy. 

It sounds like your may be talking about when your in a bar and are disappointed passing vendors have no vegetaruan pies.

But if you also seeking them for your freezer or eat in their restuarant ... then best place is "Curry and Chips".  Mr Google will supply address etc and possibly a online menu. They do deliveries and used to have various veggie options.  

In fact its the only place I have ever found decent pies for vegetarians in Pattaya. 

My freezer used to be full of pies from them .. they got a bit confused sometimes because I ordered loads (various veggie) at a time and did not want them cooked.  

• 3 weeks later...

Been getting their pies for a few yrs love the mince&onion and at 60b great value.

• Like 2

+1 for Tinnies in Jomtien. They make great ANZAC biscuits as well :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

caddyshack are the best pies in pattaya IMHO

• Like 2

any holes a goal

14 minutes ago, Atlas said:

+1 for Tinnies in Jomtien. They make great Anzac biscuits as well :)

To be fair, there are NOW plenty of pie makers around the place, that offer, IMO, much better pies at a MUCH lower price than Tinnies. I grew up on Aussie meat pies, and for mine, Tinnies Pies are average at best for the premium price they charge...

Puff vs Short anyone?

1 hour ago, dave01 said:

To be fair, there are NOW plenty of pie makers around the place, that offer, IMO, much better pies at a MUCH lower price than Tinnies. I grew up on Aussie meat pies, and for mine, Tinnies Pies are average at best for the premium price they charge...

Come on Dave01.... You cant bag a place without giving a better alternative. 

To be honest all the pies in thailand are overpriced and sub standard compared to home. I only bother with a Tinnies pie if I have been in pattaya for longer than 2 weeks

• Like 1

12 Pints in Know it all

On 16/05/2020 at 22:30, petemoss said:

As a Brit, I always claimed that we made the best pies. Used to transit through Wigan regularly (home of all pies) and changed stations from Wigan Wallgate to Wigan North Western, passing a home made pie shop on the 200 yard walk. Always grabbed one of their pies to eat on the rest of my journey. Irresistable.

On retiring to Thailand, I was recommended to try an Aussie pie. Wow, better than anything the UK produces. The best pies in the world. If i'm ever in dire need of a pie, its Tinnies for me, the best pies I've ever tasted.

Tried a pie on my one and only visit to Caddyshack about 12 months ago, steak and mushroom. Can't say that it was particularly memorable.

Edit: @Garzan Tinnies also do veggie pies.

We must be from the same neck of the woods. I used to do that same walk between the two Wigan stations every week, (I worked in London but lived in Southport). Also like you, I used to pick up those tasty pies from the same pie shop.

Got to say though the best pies I ever tasted were when I was working in  Aussie (Conord Sydney Korean bakers on Major Bay rd)....awesome!

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

14 hours ago, sexy man said:

caddyshack are the best pies in pattaya IMHO

+1.....@ 60 baht they are the best value pies in Patts :ThumbUp6:

p.s. Friendship stocks them @ 79 baht.

23 hours ago, dave01 said:

Pics or it never happened :)

Perhaps you are right, I have yet to find a better pie here in Pattaya. I don't eat them everyday, so price really does not come into it. 

No matter what the food, when I find a place I like I will keep going back, rather than trying something new all the time to be disappointed. Of course if someone recommends a place I will give it a go. 

• Like 3

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 01/06/2020 at 17:42, petermik said:

Not Caddyshack name I presume?
I see Yorkies and Bowyers and Best I think?

7 hours ago, Atlas said:

Pics or it never happened :)

Perhaps you are right, I have yet to find a better pie here in Pattaya. I don't eat them everyday, so price really does not come into it. 

No matter what the food, when I find a place I like I will keep going back, rather than trying something new all the time to be disappointed. Of course if someone recommends a place I will give it a go. 

I try to avoid pies in general, much as I might like them.
Tinnies are OK but a bit pricey for what they are....best eaten in as they don't travel well being puff.

Best pies I've eaten in are at Robin Hood (esp Chicken & M'room).
Shortcrust pastry and billed as 'home made'.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2020 at 11:42, petermik said:

7 hours ago, Edge said:

Not Caddyshack name I presume?

"Bake House" pies.....:GrinNod1:

On 01/06/2020 at 17:42, petermik said:

+1.....@ 60 baht they are the best value pies in Patts 

Actually they're 31 Baht in Friendship.

Maybe they're on clearance?  :Whistle:

On 08/06/2020 at 15:24, Edge said:

Actually they're 31 Baht in Friendship.

Maybe they're on clearance?  :Whistle:

B.S. I was in Friendship sunday...79 baht in the freezer in the corner where the bread section is.

12 minutes ago, petermik said:

B.S. I was in Friendship sunday...79 baht in the freezer in the corner where the bread section is.

These?

Inked71206_LI.thumb.jpg.5e034b61363d875b98cdd0a5868b09b5.jpg

Just now, thainet said:

Tried them..terribly disappointed.

Must concur I'm afraid......tried one the other is going in the bin.

On 01/06/2020 at 10:49, Edge said:

Puff vs Short anyone?

Short on the bottom puff on top is my choice.

On 09/06/2020 at 12:28, Edge said:

These?

Inked71206_LI.thumb.jpg.5e034b61363d875b98cdd0a5868b09b5.jpg

No not the "Best Pie" brand "The Bake House".....your looking in the chilled cabinet near to the vegetable section ....enter the store and take a right turn and go towards the bread section,where the sliced bread is on the shelving in front of you take a right turn again walk towards the front windows where the fresh bread is on the left there,s a freezer and that is where they are...frozen and 79 baht each....I get mine direct from the Caddyshack pub when I,m in the area and buy quite a few at a time....if you call them and buy 500 bahts worth they deliver for free to a reasonable distance.

Food like everything else is subjective....my personal opinion is that at 60 baht each (Caddyshack prices) they are tasty and very good value....others may disagree....they are strong sellers from the pub.

• Like 2