Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pulcinella, formerly Punch and Judy

Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub has opened in the former Punch & Judy location.

P & J was a favorite of mine before sadly closing about a year ago, they just did good pub grub in pleasant surroundings, reasonably priced.

So decided to try it when I discovered it had opened again and did not disappoint, nice meal.

The décor/lay out is more or less the same, just been brightened up.  Service good, daily specials available.

The menu is impressive, an Italian pizza and pasta (homemade) menu and also a pub grub menu.

What's more impressive is the pricing, cheap.

In fact, I would go so far as to say this place ticks most boxes.

Will return for sure over the next few weeks.

46 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Pulcinella Italian Risto-Pub has opened in the former Punch & Judy location.

I was not familiar with Punch and Judy. I was curious as to where this place is. I see that it is on Regional Road.

Puchinella.thumb.JPG.e6f4d04299f0043e27871f481636b703.JPG

https://m.facebook.com/Pulcinella-Italian-risto-pub-Pattaya-103211701308910

Looks interesting. I will give it a try.

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I was not familiar with Punch and Judy. I was curious as to where this place is. I see that it is on Regional Road.

Puchinella.thumb.JPG.e6f4d04299f0043e27871f481636b703.JPG

https://m.facebook.com/Pulcinella-Italian-risto-pub-Pattaya-103211701308910

Looks interesting. I will give it a try.

I think that's Thepprasit Soi 8, changes to Soi Regional Land down at the bend?

6 hours ago, Edge said:

I think that's Thepprasit Soi 8, changes to Soi Regional Land down at the bend?

You are correct. I tend to lazily refer to the entire path as Regional Road.

Just say ‘the middle of nowhere’ and you’re covered. :GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Just say ‘the middle of nowhere’ and you’re covered. :GoldenSmile1:

Sadly you're right and somewhat of a graveyard business wise, with The Lion Pub being the latest to give up.

Not a bad area to live (which is why I know it's Soi 8) but for many just a rat run en route to the bright lights and back..
The Land Office gives the name Soi Regional Land (Kum Tee Din) to what used to start off at Third Road as Soi 17, but the other half, Soi 8 was/is(?) better known to some for the Thai karaoke bars at Thepprasit end.

The new business will be reliant on promoting itself rather than random passing trade and Thepprasit Soi 8 will be better known to those coming in from that end than 'Regional Land', though I know that's been used more recently on City end signage.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sadly you're right and somewhat of a graveyard business wise, with The Lion Pub being the latest to give up.

For those of us with our own transportation, I find it to be an interesting area. I am getting over there increasingly often. Lots of good places and markets.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Sadly you're right and somewhat of a graveyard business wise,

Caddyshack been on the go along time, Tigglebittles does well for American comfort food and I have been impressed with Momento, nice pool setting.

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Caddyshack been on the go along time, Tigglebittles does well for American comfort food and I have been impressed with Momento, nice pool setting.

As I said, I lived there (3+ years) so I know what goes on out there.....but good luck anyway.  :Think1:

10 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

For those of us with our own transportation, I find it to be an interesting area. I am getting over there increasingly often. Lots of good places and markets.

7 hours ago, jimboh said:

I was being a bit ‘ornery again:). Seriously though, for long-term expats with transport (esp those with partners/family) then it’s ok. From my point of view, even if I settle long term in Jomtien, I’m not going to have a car. I don’t and won’t use bikes. So, more than a 5-minute stroll from a baht bus route is ‘off the beaten track’, more than a 15/20 minute gentle stroll from a route is ‘the middle of nowhere’ and more than a 30 minute stroll ‘there be dragons’. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Punch and Judy was a go to for me, remember when it first opened I thought it could never survive, far too much of an investment, think mini Wetherspoon in UK.  Lasted for years.

Pulchinella exactly the same but without the depressing Hogarth prints.  Everything good, prices good, happy Italian host, but Friday Fish and chips was awful.

Still feels just like being back in Blighty including the climate, hope it can last as long. 

Appreciate the heads up about Fish and Chip.

Old P & J did awesome steak pies.

Actually there is a bit of a background to the place and the owner that being he is also a local supplier to the restaurant businesses around Pattaya and this is a kind of way also to promote and link the two together.

I didn’t know until recently that Punch & Judy actually originated from the South of Italy or so I am told.

11 hours ago, davidge said:

I was being a bit ‘ornery again:). Seriously though, for long-term expats with transport (esp those with partners/family) then it’s ok. From my point of view, even if I settle long term in Jomtien, I’m not going to have a car. ....

If you do in fact settle here long term, I think you will likely change your opinion about having a car. Just my opinion. It does open up the area so much more for shopping, restaurants, and other Happy stuff.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

If you do in fact settle here long term, I think you will likely change your opinion about having a car. Just my opinion. It does open up the area so much more for shopping, restaurants, and other Happy stuff.

I won’t. It would be different if I was out in the sticks but one of the advantages of Pattaya is NOT needing a car.

Even before the current brouhaha it was unlikely I’d be there full time anyway, more likely 50/50 with the U.K. Given current circumstances, who knows? 

• 2 weeks later...

Went for Sunday Roast yesterday, asked for lamb but did not have, so went for the trio, both the pork and chicken were good but beef poor.

The rest of the meal was good.

thumbnail_IMG_1251.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1252.jpg