Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jansinger

Which visa is right for me

Recommended Posts

Jansinger

Im a german Guy and im 57 Years old. My job is self-employed. I want to stay 6 Month in a Year in Thailand.

Which visa do I need?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real

Depends on your financial situation.

Personally, if I was in your situation and had a spare 800K Bht just lying around I'd go for an extension of stay based on retirement to save the messing around. If not wanting to park the full 800K possibly go the combination route (X amount parked then monthly bank transfers to make up the equivalent to 800K over the year).

If didn't want to do that at the time, SETV (60 days) and extend for 30 days in country then pop out to get a new SETV and do another extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sulu
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Depends on your financial situation.

Personally, if I was in your situation and had a spare 800K Bht just lying around I'd go for an extension of stay based on retirement to save the messing around. If not wanting to park the full 800K possibly go the combination route (X amount parked then monthly bank transfers to make up the equivalent to 800K over the year).

If didn't want to do that at the time, SETV (60 days) and extend for 30 days in country then pop out to get a new SETV and do another extension.

Don't forget the health insurance requirement for the Non O-A.

Has there been any further news on getting the Non O in Thailand and getting the retirement extension that way,,,,,,, and whether or not the insurance is/has become/will become mandatory in that instance ? 

 

OP also mentions "self-employed". The Non O-A requirement flat out states "no employment" while in Thailand.

That said, if he DOES plan on working while in Thailand it almost has to be via computer. Not sure how they would know or IF that is not allowed - after all he wouldn't be taking a Thai job away from a Thai. :Dunno:

Edited by sulu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
24 minutes ago, sulu said:

Has there been any further news on getting the Non O in Thailand and getting the retirement extension that way

Yes, that is the more detailed version of above (given we have no idea if that's what the OP is looking for didn't get into the specifics). Can still convert to Non-O in Thailand (as long as you meet the financials) and then get an extension to stay and the insurance is not an issue. If/when they intend to close that loophole in the future is anyone's guess :Dunno1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sulu
1 minute ago, Ru4Real said:

Yes, that is the more detailed version of above (given we have no idea if that's what the OP is looking for didn't get into the specifics). Can still convert to Non-O in Thailand (as long as you meet the financials) and then get an extension to stay and the insurance is not an issue. If/when they intend to close that loophole in the future is anyone's guess :Dunno1:

Dude. It's somewhere between 3:20 and 5:20 AM in Oz. :Oops3:

Get some sleep !!! :Laugh1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real

0543 my sleep pattern is, how to put it .... fucked 555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jansinger
Posted (edited)

OK - Thank you very much - my health insurance is not a problem for me - i have a privat health insurance for 35 years and it´s work all over the world. The 800k are also no problem because i can put it on my Bank here in germany.

But i Think the Non-Immigrant-Visum “O” (Multiple Entry) is ok for me because i not stay more then 90 days for 1 stay - maybe i stay 60 days, go back germany and come back 1 month later to thailand and stay 60 days again.  ( providet the flights to thailand get not so much expensive after corona)

I not need to work in Thailand for money - i have my company here in germany and i do my work with computer. And if i want sell also my producs in thailand my GF can do for me. - im right ?

 

Edited by Jansinger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge
2 hours ago, Jansinger said:

OK - Thank you very much - my health insurance is not a problem for me - i have a privat health insurance for 35 years and it´s work all over the world. The 800k are also no problem because i can put it on my Bank here in germany.

But i Think the Non-Immigrant-Visum “O” (Multiple Entry) is ok for me because i not stay more then 90 days for 1 stay - maybe i stay 60 days, go back germany and come back 1 month later to thailand and stay 60 days again.  ( providet the flights to thailand get not so much expensive after corona)

I not need to work in Thailand for money - i have my company here in germany and i do my work with computer. And if i want sell also my producs in thailand my GF can do for me. - im right ?

 

A couple of things:

First, your current health insurance won’t be accepted by the Thais for the Non O-A visa. You have to buy one of their ‘approved’ policies to qualify. (It’s a con).

Secondly, the 800k has to be in a bank in Thailand for the annual renewal of your Extension of Stay. It’s fine in a German bank for the first application but will have to be in a Thai bank for future renewals.

Thirdly, check that it is still possible to get a Non-O visa FOR THE PURPOSE OF RETIREMENT in Germany. Thai Embassies & Consulates in some countries (Australia, USA, Belgium) have stopped giving them. 
 

So, in your case, if you can get a Non-O in Germany, this gives you 3 months. You can then extend for 12 months in Thailand and do that each year. No insurance required but 800k needed in Thai bank.

If you can’t get a Non-O in Germany then just get a Single Entry Tourist Visa and change it to a Non-O in Thailand. This is a LOT easier if you use an agent.

 

As for ‘selling your products’ then if the authorities find out its actually you doing this through your girlfriend then you’ll be in trouble. You need a Work Permit which you can’t get on a retirement visa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jansinger

ok, thank you - it all sounds a bit complicated - its crazy with the health insurance. So i must look for this first. Also with the 800K.....but this i can understand that i must have on a thai bank....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pinoydave

Coronavirus is going to put a lot of strain on banks everywhere...... especially in Asia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.