IGNORED

Jomtien: Restaurant Reopening Statuses

Thought I’d post in this thread as didn’t think it was worth a new thread. In case anyone is interested:

A12DE2DF-7397-4FDD-98FB-B72A16F25977.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 months later...
On 06/01/2022 at 15:37, davidge said:

Just speculating as, sadly, I’m not there but might jimboh have actually gone to the buffet at the bar/restaurant closer to the beach end of the Soi that I’ve posted about previously? It looked quite similar to the hotel Danmark buffet to me - but is a different business.

That is a great bar, nice girls and the owner a nice guy, hotel is still closed at the end

Is the old Pig & Whistle pub…which I believe is an Irish pub now….worth a visit??

As the old P& W used to be my regular go to pub restaurant for UK dinners as fairly close to VT2 condo where I stayed.

It will be there or Hemingways for a UK style pub restaurant for me soon when I’m back at VT2….unless any other nearby options…maybe Frasers sports bar??

Edited by stickyfingers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

12 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Is the old Pig & Whistle pub…which I believe is an Irish pub now….worth a visit??

As the old P& W used to be my regular go to pub restaurant for UK dinners as fairly close to VT2 condo where I stayed.

It will be there or Hemingways for a UK style pub restaurant for me soon when I’m back at VT2….unless any other nearby options…maybe Frasers sports bar??

I’ve been told, second hand, it has a decent menu. I believe it’s called Paddy’s??

I’ll be trying it out in about 7 weeks.

Frasers is a bit far up Thappraya for me and I don’t find the seating very comfortable.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Hemingway for grub and beer, very popular pub these days because food very good IMHO. In fairness not been in Paddy's yet

• Like 1

paddy's is decent food  service staff keep changing but the chefs he has had from before Xmas were from a top hotel that let go of staff during lockdown really decent menu and fairly priced. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, septicusglutinus said:

paddy's is decent food  service staff keep changing but the chefs he has had from before Xmas were from a top hotel that let go of staff during lockdown really decent menu and fairly priced. 

Thx for the info here….I thought they might have the staff from the old Pig & Whistle as the food was v good before as UK / Irish menus not too different.

Will try it wen I’m back there in 8 wks or so.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"