Jump to content
ChiFlyer

Jomtien: Restaurant Reopening Statuses

Recommended Posts

davidge
9 hours ago, jimboh said:

Yes, they do also have restaurant style menu, along with daily specials.

I guess they’ve started opening in the evenings then? They were still closing at about 6pm when I was there last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

Slightly off topic, sorry, but as we are discussing the Complex - I hear they are putting a roof over it. I don’t know if that’s just the bit with all the bars or the entire thing? I think work is meant to start soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petemoss

Cafe Des Amis reopening Friday 19th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh
On 14/06/2020 at 21:08, davidge said:

Slightly off topic, sorry, but as we are discussing the Complex - I hear they are putting a roof over it. I don’t know if that’s just the bit with all the bars or the entire thing? I think work is meant to start soon.

Yes indeed, roof structure being fitted now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
9 hours ago, jimboh said:

Yes indeed, roof structure being fitted now.

I live in VT2A across the street, so we are interested in what is happening over there.

My understanding is that the roof is intended to limit the effect of rain. They also seem to be adding more lighting from what we see.

There is some hope over here that the roof will deaden some of the racket coming out of the bars, but me thinks not. The bars toward the front (Big Kiss as an example) are probably going to point their speakers more directly at us to lessen the bounce back effect off of the roof.

War will be declared with constant calls to the police, if that happens. The VT2A residents are in constant communication via a website and Line about things.

I for one am hoping not to be affected, regardless of what happens, as we are moving to the North side of the building July 1st, but I will participate in the calls to the police if my neighbors and friends are being affected.

We want to be good neighbors, but that requires that the people in the alley are also good neighbors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickyfingers
2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I live in VT2A across the street, so we are interested in what is happening over there.

My understanding is that the roof is intended to limit the effect of rain. They also seem to be adding more lighting from what we see.

There is some hope over here that the roof will deaden some of the racket coming out of the bars, but me thinks not. The bars toward the front (Big Kiss as an example) are probably going to point their speakers more directly at us to lessen the bounce back effect off of the roof.

War will be declared with constant calls to the police, if that happens. The VT2A residents are in constant communication via a website and Line about things.

I for one am hoping not to be affected, regardless of what happens, as we are moving to the North side of the building July 1st, but I will participate in the calls to the police if my neighbors and friends are being affected.

We want to be good neighbors, but that requires that the people in the alley are also good neighbors.

Well good luck with that ....Thais and noise always go together. Best staying away from the Thappraya road end and am lucky that the condo is in VT2 B further away from it. 

Be interesting to see the place with a roof on it even though i dont frequent the Jomtien complex as just usually walk around to the Pig & Whistle or Tinnies etc

Any news on the Rompho complex??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
Just now, stickyfingers said:

.....

Any news on the Rompho complex??

 

We  drove by and thru Rompho the other night. The food vendors are out in force in front of the fruit market. The fruit market, during the day, is as usual.

There are not a lot of customers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
6 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Well good luck with that ....Thais and noise always go together. Best staying away from the Thappraya road end and am lucky that the condo is in VT2 B further away from it. 

.....

Actually the approach that I described has had some limited success. We have been doing that for over a year now. I have no problem with people partying and making some noise, but I have a HUGE problem with said people rattling my windows at 3 AM from 1/2 km away. :mad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh
4 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Thais and noise always go together

So true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickyfingers
23 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

We  drove by and thru Rompho the other night. The food vendors are out in force in front of the fruit market. The fruit market, during the day, is as usual.

There are not a lot of customers.

Ok thanks for the info here.

Any ideas to whats going to be developed when they finish the Rompho bars complex lease??

Am assuming Kiss restaurant and the fruit and veg market & food vendors might be safe??

Have heard rumours it could be a supermarket....pls god not another condo block to go with all the other empty condo blocks in Jomtien??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickyfingers

With the social distancing am betting that the very popular and busy Surf Kitchen on beach road might struggle now.

Great foods and service as usually always busy...but their tiny tables were on 2" apart and so close as i always looked for few empty tables next to mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
1 hour ago, stickyfingers said:

With the social distancing am betting that the very popular and busy Surf Kitchen on beach road might struggle now.

Great foods and service as usually always busy...but their tiny tables were on 2" apart and so close as i always looked for few empty tables next to mine. 

I am going to disagree with you about Surf Kitchen in that IMO the food pretty much sucks. Sorry, but IMO it is poorly done Farang Thai. I went there a few times when I first starting exploring Jomtien and quickly wrote it off.

Also, there are cats, dogs, and rats walking through. No thanks.

Glad you enjoy it, but not for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
insearchofxxx
2 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

With the social distancing am betting that the very popular and busy Surf Kitchen on beach road might struggle now.

Great foods and service as usually always busy...but their tiny tables were on 2" apart and so close as i always looked for few empty tables next to mine. 

2 weeks ago, I was there around 6pm, only for a coffee and a slice of cake  as I don't like their "International" or Thai food so much.

Sure - not full as usual, but compared to others, doing  quite well. 

Social distancing seems to be nothing to complain about, as 2 policemen were sitting inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh

Had a drive right to the end of beach road Jomtien last night, there are 3 seafood places, one is Poo Pen, other 2 are either side of it, one is on the corner where beach road turns and all 3 were rammed. I suspect 95% Thai, missus reckoned that they travel from BKK, Chonburi, Rayon etc. start of weekend.

Also lots of Thais on the footpath having picnic. 

Good to see, with that volume of people eating/drinking, am sure that there were a few hundred people back working in the kitchen, service etc.

Contrast that to the opposite end, near Dong Tang, so quiet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo_Bia
5 hours ago, jimboh said:

Had a drive right to the end of beach road Jomtien last night, there are 3 seafood places, one is Poo Pen, other 2 are either side of it, one is on the corner where beach road turns and all 3 were rammed. 

That one is called Loong Sawai and is much older than Poo Pen.

If you followed the road that turns left, you will also find Loong Sawai 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Czmate
42 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

That one is called Loong Sawai and is much older than Poo Pen.

If you followed the road that turns left, you will also find Loong Sawai 2.

Have eaten there on and off because I like the location but to be honest mostly so so for the food.

Surf Kitchen very much a Thai Ferang restaurant that I always found the service pretty slow and poor the food again so so and as mentioned above there better cheaper Thai restaurants around.

The one at the top of Soi 5 the name escapes me was always fairly steady in the food and service was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer

Went to meet some friends at News for a birthday celebration get together. News is still closed. The planning committee received a little grief. The birthday girl picked Natan's as the backup plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChiFlyer
On 01/07/2020 at 00:59, ChiFlyer said:

Went to meet some friends at News for a birthday celebration get together. News is still closed. The planning committee received a little grief. The birthday girl picked Natan's as the backup plan.

Looks like News opened the day after we were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.