IGNORED

Jomtien: Restaurant Reopening Statuses

We went out for dinner the last two nights. Wow. Feels great. I thought I would start a thread on the status of things over here in Jomtien dining wise. As I am sure that you all know, in order to have dine in options a restaurant must be basically al fresca (doors open without the air on qualifies) and the tables have to be socially distancing well placed. Coming out from VT2 here is what I am seeing so far.

For a starter here is a pic of Thappraya at about 19:00 tonight from the patio of "Taste of Norway".

IMG_2594.thumb.jpg.11992e40b8fd0849fab65148970926f6.jpg

Night before last we had a pizza at Da Nicola near the entrance to VT2. Nick is a friend of mine and we enjoy going there to socialize and grab a bite. This is not high end Italian Food, but I do like his Phuket pizza (marinated pork with a little heat and red sweet peppers).  Anyway they are available for dine in. Nick has been in business in the area for many years, formerly operating a place in the Jomtien Complex alley (gay bar area) before opening this location.

Tonight we gave Taste of Norway a try. Their sign says open on May 5th, but as we walked by (we know some of the staff) we asked if they were open for dine in. Sure no problem. 

Our initial target tonight had been Anna's and they are open, but have a sign up saying Aiyaree hotel guests only, so we headed back to Taste of Norway.

Natan's appeared to be closed as I looked down the street.

I was thinking Mr. Moos over on soi 7 initially, but they did not answer their phone, so I decided to wait a few days on that.

With the checkpoints ending after today, we will likely try a few places over in the Dark Side that I have on my radar. Casa Espana as someone pointed out in that thread is scheduled to open tomorrow.

A buddy of mine, who jogs down Dongtan Beach in the morning, says he saw a sign that Sandbar will reopen on May 5th. I will be there for sure later this week. If you check their website you will see that they have been quite generous in their food drive activities.

It's probably going to be a while before I check out some of my higher end places (Cafe des Amis, Au bon Coin, Gian's, L'Auberge, Comfort by Harlan) as I just have to have a glass of wine when eating food that is that good.

In any case, all take care, be safe, and enjoy.

Went to check out Au bon Coin last night but closed, sign says opening 7th May, so just went around corner to DOM and had a decent pizza. On the way back home, swung by that market near Pattaya park, as it was advertising opening 4th, deserted, only 3 or 4 stalls open, was hoping the Greek stall would be open but negative.

Nathans looks abandoned??? Hope not. Did notice a new pizza place opposite. Frasers open, as was the Italian place near Foodmart, which seems to have nosedived recently, hearing it has new owner who needs a hygiene lesson.

Went up Darkside for Breakfast yesterday, Tropical, Welcome and Murphy's all closed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is Yupin's open?  Really enjoyed several dinners  there in February.

The problem is, they can open but a lot of the workers have gone home.

Yesterday evening hd a very good dinner in l'Auberge (Pratamnak Road), but unfortunately without wine. No staffing problems there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Wooden box looks permanently shut.

I hope not. They really make a good salad. I have tried a few of the other dishes as well and they were all good. The place seldom drew much of a crowd, at least for supper. I think their location works against them.

14 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

It's probably going to be a while before I check out some of my higher end places (Cafe des Amis, Au bon Coin, Gian's, L'Auberge, Comfort by Harlan) as I just have to have a glass of wine when eating food that is that good.

Owner of Cafe Des Amis has said that he won't open until he can serve alcohol.

Went to Fraser's tonight, had an enjoyable meal. chicken cordon beau, would recommend.

Good to see this place up and running again, counted 5 staff working.

Meal was 245B, reasonable priced.

Not too busy, reckon about a dozen people eating.

Missus is not a fan of their Thai food, anyone else can comment on their Thai food?

c  humbnail_IMG_1118.jpg

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

Missus is not a fan of their Thai food, anyone else can comment on their Thai food?

We have stopped in a couple of times and I agree with much of what you said.

I am not a fan. The chicken servings seem to have been steroid influenced given their size. I try and avoid food like that.

The Mrs. did not like the place due to the sports bar noise level, but actually thought it was pretty good Farang food. She is from Isan and thought the Franag Thai food was not that good. 

We made it over to Casa Espana tonight. I will comment separately over in that thread.

4 hours ago, jimboh said:

Went to Fraser's tonight, had an enjoyable meal. chicken cordon beau, would recommend.

Good to see this place up and running again, counted 5 staff working.

Meal was 245B, reasonable priced.

Not too busy, reckon about a dozen people eating.

c  humbnail_IMG_1118.jpg

I stopped going there last year due to up and down food quality..in my opinion a lot of other better places for that type of food.

• Like 2

Yupins back soon:

Hi,

I am delighted to tell you that, following the relaxation of restrictions,  Yupins Restaurant is going to open again, briefly on Friday evening,  between 6pm and 8.00pm and
Then on Saturday, 9th May, we will have new opening times every day which are 12 noon until 830pm.

So, we will be open for Lunch too, from this Saturday onwards.

As usual on Wednesdays we will be closed and on those Wednesdays, we will continue to make free meals for the ‘out of work’ and needy who live in the Jomtien area.

We are now closing at 800pm  due to the curfew, so that our staff can clear and clean before getting home by 10pm.
I hope that when the curfew ends we can stay open to the original time, around 900pm.

We are of course operating within the guidelines of the Governor of Chonburi as well as the PM, in that all guests will be asked to bring masks, (not for eating with I hope!!) and will have their temperature taken on arrival, we will provide hand gel, and the one meter distancing will be observed in the seating arrangements.
Also, to comply with current orders, we cannot serve alcohol during the meal.
Alcohol will be available for sale/take away if wanted.

Also, we will be offering a separate TAKE AWAY OR CARRY OUT menu which I will print separately.

Some of our meals do not suit take away, so I will make a menu sheet of those meals that won’t suffer by being taken away and re heated at home.
Of course these meals can be stored and eaten over the next couple of days if you have a fridge, and or a micro wave oven at home.

So, to summarise, we are open this Friday evening at six pm, until 800pm.
And the next day, Saturday, we start our new opening times of 12 noon, for lunch, all afternoon until 800pm.
These times will continue until the complete relaxation of all the rules, and we shall see what happens then!

I want to thank you for your support, which is why we are still here, and hope that it will continue in the coming difficult next six months, at least!
This will be a hard time for all catering businesses and we will be making every effort to continue with great food, great service and a great atmosphere!!

Many thanks for your support!!

Love and best wishes,

Yuipin and Team xxxxx

WWW.YUPINS.COM

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Yupins back soon:

I am not a fan of Yupin's. The food is good, but they give you more to eat than I want to eat. Also, they tend to have many dishes in their expansive menu "not available" on any given night.

Given the small size of the place, with regard to the current restaurant rules, it is pretty low on my list of places to get back to.

Sorry to be so negative, but not a place I will retry soon.

^^^
Due to the large price differential between the Set Menu and A La Carte, I find I go occasionally and always order from the ‘Set’. I enjoy the salad starter, eat about half the Main then don’t bother with dessert. Still cheaper than ordering something else off the general menu and plenty of food for me.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Eight of us (4 guys and their ladies) went to Sandbar tonight. We had to sit at 2 near by tables of 4 persons each. You can do a single 6 person table. I made a reservation, which probably was not totally necessary as the place was close to empty other than us. Still it was probably a good idea to make a reservation, so that they could be appropriately staffed.

The chow was good. The Ocean breeze was enjoyable. The full dinner menu was available to order from. I have some food pics, but I will add those to the Sandbar thread, when I am not feeling lazy. I am getting fatter and stupider in this constant couch potato mode. :hello10:

A few observations.

Wooden Box indeed looks like it is permanently closed. Drove by a couple of times this week.

Natan's also looks pretty well shuttered up. I need to get over there and read the signs. Hard to do that from the street while one is driving.

Mr. Moo's website says they are open until 7 PM. A few of my friends and I plan on having our weekly supper night meetup there this week.

Drove by Aquapazza the other night and it looked like they were open, but hard to tell while driving.

Getting a taste for L'Auberge despite the no wine.

Have a new Darkside place on my radar. Will likely try this week.

Anybody been to Oregano in Rompho recently? Akvavit? Cafe le Mar?

Oh, my buddies and I like to do an occasional lunch over at Pattaya Beer Gardens. I was driving by a couple of days ago and they were putting up a high fence around the entrance.

All take care and be safe.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

A few observations.

Wooden Box indeed looks like it is permanently closed. Drove by a couple of times this week.

Natan's also looks pretty well shuttered up. I need to get over there and read the signs. Hard to do that from the street while one is driving.

Mr. Moo's website says they are open until 7 PM. A few of my friends and I plan on having our weekly supper night meetup there this week.

Drove by Aquapazza the other night and it looked like they were open, but hard to tell while driving.

Getting a taste for L'Auberge despite the no wine.

Have a new Darkside place on my radar. Will likely try this week.

Anybody been to Oregano in Rompho recently? Akvavit? Cafe le Mar?

Oh, my buddies and I like to do an occasional lunch over at Pattaya Beer Gardens. I was driving by a couple of days ago and they were putting up a high fence around the entrance.

All take care and be safe.

Yes, Wooden box gone, Nathan's defiantly closed and not looks like opening anytime soon, I will read that sign today and report back.

Aquapazza not open but did see them cleaning kitchen a few days ago, so suspect opening soon.

Akvavit not open yet, Café le Mar demolished but being rebuilt. Maggs did open a few days ago.

Took a trip to Darkside a few days ago and disappointed to find the likes of Murphy's, Tropical and Welcome all still closed, Pepper and Salt open. Suspect, like many places still closed, cannot make money off food alone.

(Beside Akvavit, Vickhans were serving alcohol boldly recently and glad to see BIB busted them-shame on them and also the idiots sitting there guzzling beer for all to see, kind of look at me, hopefully deported now. We all want our alcohol in restaurants and bars etc. but this stupidity will only serve to prolong closure-shame on them-rant over)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

....... Café le Mar demolished but being rebuilt. .......

I have not been down that way in a while. Demolished? Saw nothing about that on their website.

Still cooking at home most nights, but venturing out at times as well.

Went to L'Auberge the other night. Food was very good as usual. The owner said that they will probably change locations (somewhere else in Jomtien) during July. Info will be available on their website. He also said that he is being checked out several times a week by the BiB.

Went to Mr. Moo over on soi 7 tonight with a few friends for supper. They are only open until 19:00 at this time and the Farang menu has been seriously scaled back. My check for two for some very good Thai food was 255.

I have read that Comfort by Harlan is open over in Cozy Beach. Will likely check that out next week, as well as Gian's on Thappraya.

• Like 2

l'Auberge will be moving to Jomtien Second Road.... 

Interesting, any idea where? It’s a fair old stretch of a road

11 minutes ago, ractdi said:

Interesting, any idea where? It’s a fair old stretch of a road

Soŕy, no further details yet. More news to be announced soon.