Jump to content
jocky king

Portable Bluetooth Speaker

Recommended Posts

jocky king

I’m looking to buy a Portable Bluetooth speakers .... The one I’m looking for is a good loud beat included . I’m no expert of the speakers since I was profoundly deaf since birth , until recently ( November 2018 ) I got cochlear implanted on one ear ( other completely deaf ) , very happy with the hearing as it gave me an extra joy in life , became very fond of music ever since I got the hearing . Before I only had 4% of hearing on my left ear ( 0% on the other ) , when I got switched on after cochlear implant , it went to 70/80% of the hearing , the music was amazing to hear  , my Apple iPhone paired with Bluetooth on my sound processor. Nucleus 7 made from Australia , Apple worked together to make Bluetooth available, ( same as earphones but I don’t need it , iPhone music goes straight into my hearing ) . Now , I’m bit confused of which portable speakers I want... I screenshot the three comparison of three speakers below ... Plus any other product .  I want a good loud one , with a good beat .. Thanks . 

79AD5659-BC26-4C7F-821E-9B1A8B0D734C.png

13094096-4215-4277-93DC-8D9E1DD16DBA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco

Hi Fi is a bit of a hobby of mine , and the speaker that probably fits the bill is the JBL Boombox . It's not cheap , but it's about the best large BT speaker Iv'e heard.

Here's a good review on it  ;

 

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/audio-and-headphones/audio/hifi-systems-and-speakers/jbl-boombox-portable-bluetooth-wireless-speaker-black-10172449-pdt.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neo1011

I have the jbl.. it’s one of the better ones for bass but that does have an effect on the clarity of mids and treble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
10 minutes ago, Syco said:

Hi Fi is a bit of a hobby of mine , and the speaker that probably fits the bill is the JBL Boombox . It's not cheap , but it's about the best large BT speaker Iv'e heard.

Here's a good review on it  ;

 

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/audio-and-headphones/audio/hifi-systems-and-speakers/jbl-boombox-portable-bluetooth-wireless-speaker-black-10172449-pdt.html

It looked very good , much better than the JBL on my open post ... Seeing that you are a hobby of Hi Fi , I appreciated your input , I need a thumping beat that bounce off the wall surrounding my room , my room is not big  ... Really love that 555 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
7 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

I have the jbl.. it’s one of the better ones for bass but that does have an effect on the clarity of mids and treble

What JBL do you have ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco
1 minute ago, jocky king said:

It looked very good , much better than the JBL on my open post ... Seeing that you are a hobby of Hi Fi , I appreciated your input , I need a thumping beat that bounce off the wall surrounding my room , my room is not big  ... Really love that 555 

It's got heaps of bass , so will certainly annoy the neighbours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neo1011
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jocky king said:

What JBL do you have ? 

Jbl flip 5

the Bose one is better for clarity on midrange and treble but suffered with bass

Edited by neo1011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
southsidebruce
Posted (edited)

I have a B&O BEOLIT 17... has a battery but I don't use it as a portable, just have it attached to my laptop and play tunes and listen to news using it...not waterproof... really nice, clear sound... 

I also have a 3 (or so) year old JBL XTREME, and a 6 year old JBL Charge... I like both of them as well, but I like the sounds from the BEOLIT 17 better... I arrived in April 2014 in Pattaya with the new JBL Charge and used it in the Walking Street hotel rooms (Secrets and Heaven Above) I stayed in during my month+ long, retirement blowOUT Walking Street celebrations...

Edited by southsidebruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
1 hour ago, Syco said:

It's got heaps of bass , so will certainly annoy the neighbours.

Oh really , will have to ask them , wouldn’t like to spoil our good neighbours ever since .

1 hour ago, neo1011 said:

Jbl flip 5

the Bose one is better for clarity on midrange and treble but suffered with bass

Thanks mate .

1 hour ago, southsidebruce said:

I have a B&O BEOLIT 17... has a battery but I don't use it as a portable, just have it attached to my laptop and play tunes and listen to news using it...not waterproof... really nice, clear sound... 

I also have a 3 (or so) year old JBL XTREME, and a 6 year old JBL Charge... I like both of them as well, but I like the sounds from the BEOLIT 17 better... I arrived in April 2014 in Pattaya with the new JBL Charge and used it in the Walking Street hotel rooms (Secrets and Heaven Above) I stayed in during my month+ long, retirement blowOUT Walking Street celebrations...

6 years old JBL charge , that’s is long life .. Extreme any better ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
southsidebruce
26 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Oh really , will have to ask them , wouldn’t like to spoil our good neighbours ever since .

Thanks mate .

6 years old JBL charge , that’s is long life .. Extreme any better ? 

Charge battery doesn't hold much charge now... Extreme much better, bigger than the Charge, and better sound, but Charge small and more portable... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ru4Real
4 hours ago, jocky king said:

I’m looking to buy a Portable Bluetooth speakers

Although some excellent advice already, perhaps worth elaborating on intended usage; "portable" as in easy to move around the house would most likely have different recommendations to "portable" as in for use while travelling.

Also worth mentioning which genre(s) of music you're into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco
2 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Although some excellent advice already, perhaps worth elaborating on intended usage; "portable" as in easy to move around the house would most likely have different recommendations to "portable" as in for use while travelling.

True , for example the speaker I use to put in my suitcase for travelling is a Bose Soundlink Mini that weighs 0.7 kg , and the JBL I use that never leaves home is 5.3 kg .

One is portable , and the other is defiantly not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thinkingallowed
2 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Although some excellent advice already, perhaps worth elaborating on intended usage; "portable" as in easy to move around the house would most likely have different recommendations to "portable" as in for use while travelling.

Sonos move is the correct answer if it is within your budget. At 3kg not really for travelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syco
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Sonos move is the correct answer if it is within your budget. At 3kg not really for travelling.

Another very good choice , I heard it a few days ago , and it's excellent , will probably buy one soon because I like that it has Alexa and Google voice control built in.

Edited by Syco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petermik
10 hours ago, jocky king said:

It looked very good , much better than the JBL on my open post ... Seeing that you are a hobby of Hi Fi , I appreciated your input , I need a thumping beat that bounce off the wall surrounding my room , my room is not big  ... Really love that 555 

Good luck with your search jocky but....please don,t move near my place....:WhoSaw1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keepitfun

I have a Bose revolve +. It’s great.   Teenage kids love it....beach, bbq etc.  easy to use and sooo much better than tinny sounds from standard speakers.   Splash proof helps as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adammike
1 hour ago, Syco said:

True , for example the speaker I use to put in my suitcase for travelling is a Bose Soundlink Mini that weighs 0.7 kg , and the JBL I use that never leaves home is 5.3 kg .

One is portable , and the other is defiantly not.

One of those in the op pic weighs in over 14kg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
1 hour ago, Ru4Real said:

Although some excellent advice already, perhaps worth elaborating on intended usage; "portable" as in easy to move around the house would most likely have different recommendations to "portable" as in for use while travelling.

Also worth mentioning which genre(s) of music you're into.

 

You’re right , I need a portable one that can bring about the house and to the picnic or the w . Won’t definitely bring  it to thailand , if I like the one I’m going to buy , I might buy exactly the same in Pattaya for my condo . As you say what kind Of music I’m into ,  I still trying to find a right music for me cos I haven’t hear for 57 years due to my disability ( deaf ) , when I got Cochlear implanted , my brain haven’t heard the sound since birth , I’m gradually and learning to pick up words from the sounds ... The music I likes since recently is Rap , irish country songs , reggae , hip hop ,  and few more . I like the beat in the music in the most ... I’m still learning like a 2 years old ( my hearing only started in 2017 . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Sonos move is the correct answer if it is within your budget. At 3kg not really for travelling.

Which one ? Sonos ...

 

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Good luck with your search jocky but....please don,t move near my place....:WhoSaw1:

Don’t worry ... You are not in Ireland .  

33 minutes ago, adammike said:

One of those in the op pic weighs in over 14kg!

Didn’t see that weight , thanks for that . I crossed that off from the list . 

1 hour ago, keepitfun said:

I have a Bose revolve +. It’s great.   Teenage kids love it....beach, bbq etc.  easy to use and sooo much better than tinny sounds from standard speakers.   Splash proof helps as well. 

Bose Revolve + .. Will check that out.  Three main shops ( Curry’s & Harvey Norman & DID ) are closed due to convid 19 lock down . Will have to buy online . Would prefer to see it and hear it at the shop before buying it . I doubt the shops will be opened again next month . Might have to buy it online cos I’m bored to shit at home .. 555 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garzan
Posted (edited)

Another option, perhaps not so annoying for your neighbors, would be a pair of headphones. I recently bought (Powerbuy, Central Mall, Pattaya) Skullcandy Crushers for playing games. They have a haptic feedback bass feature. As a not something to break the bank pair of headphones, I like them. And they are great for gaming. :-)

 

Edited by Garzan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jarrod2518

A Chara It is absolutely fantastic that you are able to hear again, very inspiring and I wish you good travel on your new journey. For the record - I play Irish traditional music here in Pattaya and lead the Irish group Failte. We play every Sunday in Murphy's Law in LK Metro, 5.00 -7.00pm for the Fr Ray Foundation. Come along and enjoy some live music. 

My advice- be careful with loud bass speakers. Your immediate neighbours may not appreciate and share your taste in music. Look at a good pair of bluetooth headphones with enhanced bass feature. I find them very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chunky123

I have a JBL Flip 4, excellent sound quality and easily loud enough for use at home, great price too.

JBL Charge 4 is more expensive and even louder, which may or may not be necessary. It also functions as a power bank, not a useful feature if used at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
2 hours ago, Garzan said:

Another option, perhaps not so annoying for your neighbors, would be a pair of headphones. I recently bought (Powerbuy, Central Mall, Pattaya) Skullcandy Crushers for playing games. They have a haptic feedback bass feature. As a not something to break the bank pair of headphones, I like them. And they are great for gaming. :-)

 

Headphones won’t work for me cos my ears are unusable.... the processor is in my head . The sound travels into my head to the drum into my ear..   I don’t use ear plug for iPhone , it goes straight into my processor ( paired with Bluetooth on iPhone & Nucleus 7 processor) ... My boss don’t even know I was listening to the music with my iPhone in the drawer .. 555 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jocky king
2 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

A Chara It is absolutely fantastic that you are able to hear again, very inspiring and I wish you good travel on your new journey. For the record - I play Irish traditional music here in Pattaya and lead the Irish group Failte. We play every Sunday in Murphy's Law in LK Metro, 5.00 -7.00pm for the Fr Ray Foundation. Come along and enjoy some live music. 

My advice- be careful with loud bass speakers. Your immediate neighbours may not appreciate and share your taste in music. Look at a good pair of bluetooth headphones with enhanced bass feature. I find them very good.

Many thanks  ,  Very very happy with a new beginning with my new implant . I grew up with 9 boys in 1960/70s ( 10 profoundly deaf in class ) , 9 of them refused to get themselves implanted  , they are happy to be deaf for life .. Up to them . The music was the reason why I went for the implant .. My dream had come true , even it was very late in life 57yrs old , but still I think I made a 100% correct decision.  I must talk to my daughters and neighbours about the potential buy .. I have been in Murphy’s law few times , but hasn’t been there for last three years since the bar cut in half . Will definitely go there to listen the Irish music .. Thank you , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.