Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

New Microsoft Edge

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Yesterday done my April updates for Windows 10 and afterwards updated the Edge browser and what a differences it is, much better layout and a lot faster then previous version really happy how quick it has become and lots of new useful features also i give 10/10 or 5 stars.  

Edited by Rainsberger

will it ever be as good as firefox..

been firefox 10 years now id say...love it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

4 minutes ago, fostraswift said:

will it ever be as good as firefox..

been firefox 10 years now id say...love it

Echo that. Tried the new MS Edge for some 30 minute before  deleted and switched back to the Fox

I agree with you. I was early in the Edge (Chromium) beta program and I too really like it. I haven't bothered with Firefox for over a decade; I was predominantly Chrome. I'm finding as time goes on, I use the new Edge more, and Chrome less. My most recent hardware purchase was a Surface Pro 7. I only have the new Edge installed on that. My only criticism of the new Edge so far is how difficult it is to decouple it from Bing. I've found that Bing, in Thailand, is far too restrictive. 

Realistically though, I view browsers like beer. Some folks have a bordering on religious preference, some folks drink whatever is cold and available. When I was working, I had more of a strong bias. Now, it's just whichever has an easy and attractive UI, and doesn't adversely impact my workflow. Internet Explorer was awful, but Edge on top of Chromium is pretty darn nice. :-)

• Like 1

Edge browser is the same as Google Chrome. Yep. Microsoft has rebuilt the Edge browser to run on Chromium, the open source web rendering engine that powers Google's Chrome browser. 

So, practically Edge is just a wrapper with some UI niceties and tools thrown in. In terms of performance it should be at the same level as Chrome. It is now Chromium family of browsers vs Mozilla Firefox vs Safari (Webkit)

So, in thai parlance, same same. 

42 minutes ago, Garzan said:

I agree with you. I was early in the Edge (Chromium) beta program and I too really like it. I haven't bothered with Firefox for over a decade; I was predominantly Chrome. I'm finding as time goes on, I use the new Edge more, and Chrome less. My most recent hardware purchase was a Surface Pro 7. I only have the new Edge installed on that. My only criticism of the new Edge so far is how difficult it is to decouple it from Bing. I've found that Bing, in Thailand, is far too restrictive. 

Realistically though, I view browsers like beer. Some folks have a bordering on religious preference, some folks drink whatever is cold and available. When I was working, I had more of a strong bias. Now, it's just whichever has an easy and attractive UI, and doesn't adversely impact my workflow. Internet Explorer was awful, but Edge on top of Chromium is pretty darn nice. :-)

Same here. I was a Firefox user for a long time but somewhere around 2008 FF seemed to be running slower and slower. Doing a little investigation, IIRC, it was due to some memory management problems.

Anywho, I downloaded Chrome and it was so much faster that was the end of FF for me.

I do use FF to play my old NYC radio station in the morning since I'm now in Florida. I forget why I didn't just open another tab on Chrome but,,,,,,,, seeing this thread I decided to mess around with FF a little bit on a number of sites I visit and the speed improvement is very noticeable and definitely on par with Chrome.

Although I have no reason to change back to FF from Chrome I think I'll fool around with FF a little bit.

Thanks gents

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Given how much of my life is spent in browsers I prefer to use those which are open source so that I can have a better baseline of trust.  I'd never trust Chrome or (chromium based) Edge.  They are beholden to Google and Microsoft and I only use them as last-ditch backup alternatives.  I do all of my work with a combination of Firefox and Brave.

I am a Firefox guy as well. I switched to Chrome for a while, but was having conflicts with my mainly MSFT infrastructure. When I tried to report the problems, both Google and MSFT said send us some money and we will look at. I said send me some money and I will tell you what is wrong.

Been back with Firefox for several years now and have no reason to switch. My Linux friends seem to prefer Chrome. At my age I am not looking for any new IT hobbies.

One q in my mind is = I have read that the 90 day online reporting app works better with IE due to the ancient MSFT code that is built into it. Gonna work better with Edge as well? My 90 day reporting is coming up in a few weeks and I will try it first with Firefox. I do not want to spend time at Immigration these days, if it can be avoided. If the online app does not work for me, I will pay an agent to take care of it.