IGNORED

Pattaya Hotels without Tour Groups

Laid Back Larry

The issue of tour groups /package travel is coming up as a criteria beeing discussed on this forum. I did not think of it untill now as I usually have stayed in a few hotels (usually Dusit Thani) where we seem to be spared for it. I have though, checked out of a hotel (in Hua Hin) early because of the omnipresent nuisance of tour groups. I notice from posting by fellow BMs that Areca Lodge for one seem to be bothered by them since a year ago. Has anyone got a quick run down of the most frequented hotels by members of this board where the tour groups are not targeted for business? Fair enough way of doing business but I preffer w/o

No tours

hotels closing.

Check the news.

Edited by Edge

You do know there is world crisis at the moment, and probably over 90% of Pattaya hotels are shut down, and how many will eventually open after this crisis subsides is anybody's guess.

Also whether tour groups as before will come back is debatable, ask your question in a year or so.

The scenery . on soi Honey . or the  sleep with me hotel. Just of soi buckouw.                                      Tip... check hotels With 50 rooms or less

3 minutes ago, Edge said:

No tours

hotels closing.

Check the news.

2 minutes ago, thainet said:

You do know there is world crisis at the moment, and probably over 90% of Pattaya hotels are shut down, and how many will eventually open after this crisis subsides is anybody's guess.

Also whether tour groups as before will come back is debatable, ask your question in a year or so.

The op is probably planning  for future trips.

... BE POSITIVELY ....

:Cross_Fingers:

• Like 2

What an odd question at this juncture. You’ll be lucky to even be allowed into the country for a year let alone be picky about your hotel

It really does largely depend on China lifting its borders for there to even be tour groups.  I am aware there are also tour groups from other Asian countries but they didn't make up the majority before the closedowns.

Edited by Crushed

20 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

What an odd question at this juncture. You’ll be lucky to even be allowed into the country for a year let alone be picky about your hotel

LOL - I can understand where you are coming from - maybe my question appears a bit insensitive. I am sitting in my citchen surfing the net about Thailand, dreaming about good times past and imagining good times to come, in order to keep up morale......:)

As for the subject I am taking a longer term view - when things are hopefully back to normalcy. On a serious note, there are those who think that normalcy of the future will not resembe normalcy of the past. Habits wrg to travel, socialication, meetings and other will change/go digital, possibly tour groups as mass tourism will be a thing of the past or at least significantly scaled down. Hwo knows,  lets see.

In the mean time I keep the dream alive of a holiday in Pattaya with ample opportunities for fun and a great setting to go, a drink by the hotel pool side with an LT GF and a sun that does not set on me for the duration. 

Sorry I have to correct one thing it’s normal and normality I think you mean.

Keep the dream alive !

14 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

. I notice from posting by fellow BMs that Areca Lodge for one seem to be bothered by them since a year ago. 

Like what was mentioned, not sure if will find any tour groups at hotels at this time.

As far as the Areca Lodge, I stayed there 4 times last year. April, June/July, September/October and December over Christmas and New Years. Didn't even see one tour group staying there. Did see a couple groups of high spending golfers from other Asian Countries. Not the kind that will follow a person with a teddy bear hanging off a selfie stick on WS. 

I believe I would re-ask that question once things get back to normal, when every that might be.

LeoTex

• Like 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.