Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Robin Hood Tavern Pattaya

Robin Hood Tavern

On 08/04/2020 at 22:50, Robin Hood Tavern said:

Thank you for a simple and straight forward review. If you like Bangers n Mash, you'll luv ours.

Best regards 

Phil 

I too had my 1st visit to Robin Hood last month and loved it. I had the bangers and mash and it was great, the onion rings were also a nice addition and the best I've ever had, which I mentioned to Max. I was also impressed by the professionalism and work ethic of the staff, especially at this very difficult time. Looking forward to returning and sampling more of the menu, chok dee.

• Like 2

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Quiet Sunday night in it is then....

66299.thumb.jpg.afe563261a0f072a66d31c77c5fca544.jpg

14 minutes ago, Edge said:

Quiet Sunday night in it is then....

66299.thumb.jpg.afe563261a0f072a66d31c77c5fca544.jpg

nice location :)

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Not exactly a RH takeaway only the left over Pepper Sauce which ain’t bad with Homemade Crocodile BBQ Skewers.

Meat from Big C freezers very tasty and tender.

5C19EDB0-A953-4595-B6F9-4A5CF578645E.jpeg

• Like 1

Had the Sunday Roast large plate for take away on Sunday, 299B. Excellent value for a large meal, one of the best Sunday Roasts around Pattaya. Was a big meal, went for the chicken and beef, was able to keep beef for Monday roast beef sandwich. Came with 5 veg, roast and mashed spuds, 2 pigs in blankets and 2 pieces of stuffing and some really tasty gravy.

Ordering was easy and fast, recommended. Just phoned in the order, jumped on bike and collected within 15min.

^ Kicking myself that I never tried the Sunday roast, even the delivery portions look huge!

• Like 1

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

• 2 years later...

Had an excellent Sunday Roast today at Robin Hood during the rainstorm.

Phil met me at the door, and checked on my table a couple of times during the meal.  He, the staff (especially the cute waitress Mai), and the food was a fantastic choice for a rainy Sunday.

Thanks Robin Hood!

Will recommend.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello Phil.

I craved Mac and cheese and found a review and your menu posting.

I used Google map to find you...and couldn't. No visible signage from Bukhao.

Okay...I'll call. 3 times, no answer. WTF

Ask a food stand vendor...she says upstairs.

I can't find Mac and cheese on the menu. I ask my waitress. She says we don't have.

I downloaded the picture, showed it to someone else....miraculously they now have it. WTF.

I sincerely hope it's good because so far my review is a one out of ten.

There’s no visible signage from Buakhao because it’s nowhere near Buakhao.  It’s on Second Road.  Other side of The Avenue is Soi 15. It’s massively signposted if you’re at The Avenue, you can’t miss it.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

There’s no visible signage from Buakhao because it’s nowhere near Buakhao.  It’s on Second Road.

My mistake....Massive signage? I'll take pics.

9 minutes ago, ccrider said:

Hello Phil.

I craved Mac and cheese and found a review and your menu posting.

I used Google map to find you...and couldn't. No visible signage from Bukhao.

Okay...I'll call. 3 times, no answer. WTF

Ask a food stand vendor...she says upstairs.

I can't find Mac and cheese on the menu. I ask my waitress. She says we don't have.

I downloaded the picture, showed it to someone else....miraculously they now have it. WTF.

I sincerely hope it's good because so far my review is a one out of ten.

Mate you’re in Thailand, try not go get too upset about service, it’s not exactly a high priority element in any restaurant not attached to a 5 star hotel

Relax, expect some language barriers and inconsistencies and enjoy the very cute waitresses while you wait for your Mac and Cheese. 

choice of 2 routes from buakaow

1 down soi diana to second road /kiss food, turn left to the avenue centre past mcdonalds and look for signs on your left and 1 floor up

2 down Soi 15 past the drainage works enter rear of avenue complex go almost to second rd and sharp left at the staircase with signs and 1 floor up

Edited by striderman
  • Like 3

Just now, ccrider said:

IMG_20221205_160520.thumb.jpg.e495dd057054d471c477ce94e3ee17b4.jpg

That's my Mac and cheese....not. What a horrible experience.

Massive signage? 3 inch lettering on the windows that can't be read from street level and a 2 foot by 3 foot sign on the second floor...yeah, that works about ad well as the phone.

IMG_20221205_161010.thumb.jpg.16098fa6dd3c736e453d3c4a08f23752.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

The food at Robin Hood is good but lets just say its not exactly a cheap charlie watering hole....

I am accustomed to foie gras and smoked fish with a good white Burgundy for lunch....there ya go.

I was looking for comfort food.

Mate, your good experiences in Pattaya will well outweigh your bad. Just put it behind you, a lot of guys tried to help you just now.

image.png

1 hour ago, ccrider said:

I am accustomed to foie gras and smoked fish with a good white Burgundy for lunch....there ya go.

I was looking for comfort food.

Hopefully while your here in Pattaya you will do a full trip report.....looking forward to following it :ThumbUp6:

As my grandmother used to say, “Even the hottest Mac & Cheese can’t warm a cold heart.”

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

As my grandmother used to say, “Even the hottest Mac & Cheese can’t warm a cold heart.”

That doesn't seem like something a 'grandmother' would say!.🥲

18 hours ago, fforest said:

The food at Robin Hood is good but lets just say its not exactly a cheap charlie watering hole....

Don't really know why every time it is cheap charlie this and cheap charlie that.

I know Robin Hood has his Fan Club here but yes there are many small European restaurant in Pattaya where i found the food is better and yes some are cheaper as well.

26 minutes ago, KhunChang said:

Don't really know why every time it is cheap charlie this and cheap charlie that.

Ummm, perhaps because there is a significant portion of board members posting on here who would walk an extra kilometer to save a satang? 

16 hours ago, KhunChang said:

I know Robin Hood has his Fan Club here...

That's because he stole from the Two Week Millionaires and gave to the Cheap Charlies.

• Haha 2