Mr_wimpy

UK Lock Down - what are you doing to pass the time?

Mr_wimpy

I am climbing the walls already and it is only day 3/21.

ive wanked myself out, have Astro turf so can’t make the garden look any better.  Washed the car inside and out (wasn’t even dirty).

i am not allowed to meet any family or friends for any other 19 days. 

I completely understand the reasoning. However, i am bored as fuck.

what are you doing to pass the time?

WalterA

I’ll have to suck my own dick...l

WhiteThai
1 minute ago, WalterA said:

It's a good thing your hung like a horse....555

rope-a-dope
18 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

It's a good thing your hung like a horse....555

No, actually he is a contortionist. I am sure I once saw him upside down on a barstool down the six, sipping on a bottled beer.

Whalley
1 hour ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Re-reading old books collecting dust on the bookshelf. 

This one is a good read.  Fictional thriller published in 1981.

Back then you had to wonder, who thinks this kind of shit up.  Wuhan-400?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yagami Light

My life hasn't changed at all.

Even before the virus 99% of my free time I spent on video games, watching films/youtube, reading books and reading/posting on various forums/reddit. I'm not a very social or outdoorsy person.

bukone
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WalterA said:

What’s new 555 

might save some money, we know you love to save a satang here and there 

Edited by bukone

BlooBell

I’ve been working from home since the 16th... I’ve always WFH for the odd day here or there but for a prolonged period of time it really is shit. I’m nowhere near as productive and it’s one issue after another with network and tech issues. I work in Financial Regulation so I’m busy enough and will be throughout this I imagine. 

I have a walk before and after work along the river near my home. Night time it’s cooking, a box set, some tv or a book.

On-line grocery shopping is a new hobby I took up yesterday. So far, frustrating, time consuming and with little reward....

Machinations

I am a "key worker" so I have to go to work. No boredom here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wingeing Pom
Posted (edited)

I am very busy digging a secret tunnel. Dont tell anyone about it .. its a secret.

I cant say anymore about it  .. said too much already.

It will only take me about 6 months. I have not worked out how I hide the street opening.. The condo end will be hidden with a vaulting horse I bought on Ebay. I got that idea from a movie.

My condo complex is in lockdown. No outside visitors. Not even my non resident 10 year regular.

So my tunnel is to get the occasional girl in so we can socially isolate together ... wearing masks of course.

Edited by Wingeing Pom

Jarrod2518
11 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

I am very busy digging a secret tunnel. Dont tell anyone about it .. its a secret.

You will have to hid the spoil from the tunnel otherwise it will be revealed. Best solution for hiding the spoil - dig a big hole and bury it! 

lincsfun

I've been looking at these living room walls that need painting for the last 3 days,just can't be bothered tbh

Chiefam

Bored out of my brains....  Is it day 3? Completely lost track of my days...  Cleaned the car inside and out, swept the outside, tidied the garage....  Anyone have any good suggestions?

Kandinski
9 minutes ago, Chiefam said:

Bored out of my brains....  Is it day 3? Completely lost track of my days...  Cleaned the car inside and out, swept the outside, tidied the garage....  Anyone have any good suggestions?

WTF, 3 days only.  12 days in on the mandatory quarantine ....guess its time for a shower

Wingeing Pom
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

I cant say anymore about it  .. said too much already.

It will only take me about 6 months. I have not worked out how I hide the street opening.. The condo end will be hidden with a vaulting horse I bought on Ebay. I got that idea from a movie.

My condo complex is in lockdown. No outside visitors. Not even my non resident 10 year regular.

So my tunnel is to get the occasional girl in so we can socially isolate together ... wearing masks of course.

Sorry .. I did not read the topic heading properly.

"UK lockdown"

Im in Pattaya. Durrrrrrrrr

No wonder I was puzzled by some comments about how many days in.  But it is Pattaya Addicts and Im stoopid ..... too many Changs from fridge. Too many missions flown .. (trips to WS) over the years.

We got the opposite problem. We can go out 'loom' but not have guests come in. Nothing to do though. Nothing open. There is only so much panic buying in supermarkets I can do. No where to put more stuff.

Apologies ..

Back to me digging .......

Edited by Wingeing Pom

vimto66

Not normally a big telly watcher but certainly been watching more than usual lately, watched an episode of the original Charlies angels last night, i used to like Jill (Farah fawcett) when i was a kid, but i`ve changed my mind now, i like Sabrina, not so much nowadays though....shes 72.

QuotaMan

I'm in the U.S. so sorry to intrude, but my state of California has a stay-at-home order. Which means unless we work in an essential field, we are supposed to stay mostly at home. We are allowed to do go outside to patronize businesses that are open, such as getting food from takeout or supermarket, but not congregate in large groups and be mindful of social distancing. We are also allowed to go outside to exercise but they have closed state beaches and trails because people were crowding them.

As for myself most of our company is work at home. I have been going in to work a few days a week to support some activities but mostly at home. Most of my time at home is just like it's always been. Surf the internet all day and night, play videogames on my Playstation, and watch whatever is on TV. Cook my meals but sometimes I go for take out.

Exercise is tough because my gym also closed its doors for now and I don't really like walking around my neighborhood. I do some bodyweight exercises and on the days I can go to work I'll do some cardio since they have an elliptical machine on site. But definitely my workouts have gotten fewer compared to before.

I've always been a homebody so this working from home/stay at home thing isn't too bad. I have no problems sitting at home surfing the internet, that is one activity I never get bored of sad to say. 

bushbaby

reading the bible so i can get into heaven if it comes to that, take care out there.

paulrob

Binge watching Line of duty on iplayer, once that has done I will do the entire series of Spooks...

Oh and some WFH

ronthebrummie

Been out this afternoon to a builders merchants look at some slabs for my patio, relaying my garden to artificial turf but cant hire a wacker, all the hire places shut grrr.

BUT, on my way home the little Thai massage place is open, can you believe it? Maybe essential workers? Dunno 

forqalso
13 hours ago, bukone said:

What’s new 555 

might save some money, we know you love to save a satang here and there 

Satang? Are they charging by the inch now?

spider0064
16 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

ive wanked myself out, have Astro turf so can’t make the garden look any better.  Washed the car inside and out (wasn’t even dirty).

i am not allowed to meet any family or friends for any other 19 days. 

I completely understand the reasoning. However, i am bored as fuck.

Well I got this to look forward too as I'm leaving and coming back on Saturday, gurrrr what have I done !

Mr_wimpy
Posted (edited)

Day 4/21.

Was sunny outside so had the patio doors open.  A big bumble bee flew in and spent 20 minutes trying to get it back out.  Was the highlight of the day.

Went for a couple of beers with my best mate in the living room.  Had an in depth conversation about the entire situation.  Felt good to talk to someone face to face.  Think she got a bit bored though.

40471064-AEA2-4464-9619-94274D1785E6.jpeg

Edited by Mr_wimpy

Downandup
Posted (edited)

I've been working from home since the 18th and enjoying it a little as there is little noise and few interruptions but I miss the personal interactions.  It takes discipline but at least I am not out of a job like many.

Outside of work, little had changed until the pubs were closed.  I've had to dip into a small part of my stash of fine German rauchbier, Tyntt Meadow Trappist English Ale and if things get really bad, my special stock of rare Westvlerteren Trappist beer. But as the off-license are still operating I should be fine once I get out of doors.

I think that I can manage for two months, and if there are clear indications that things are getting better then even longer.

Edited by Downandup

stevejones
22 hours ago, Mr_wimpy said:

I am getting sick of this lock down already. I have limited myself to one news bulletin per day as it was doing no good for my anxiety.

I am afraid to say it is not day 3 of 21. It is day 3 of at least 42 minimum. I can see it lasting 12 weeks.

I have started to watch a lot of tv comedy and stand up dvd's today. Only Fools and Horses is the best tv program ever made in the UK.

Keep safe everyone.