spider0064

OK so I have an account with kasikorn and am thinking of adding internet banking to my account which seems the app is added to your mobile phone, my question is once I'm back in the uk will I be able to access and use the service or is it linked to my thai phone number, similar to my uk accounts an authorisation code is sent to your mobile to authorise any or some transactions, if this were the case I wouldn't receive the code.

Anybody use this service back in there home countries with no issues ? 

Czmate

Yes and no problem obviously your Thai phone number needs to have international access working to receive an SMS.

Wingeing Pom
Posted (edited)

Im no expert but the clue is that it is internet banking me thinks.

Are you not using your phone as a computer with internet connection ? Nothing to do with the phone number. Its a small computer when you not using it as errrrrr ... a phone.  They need to auto phone you I expect only if you setting up a new payee.

Ive never turned data on, ever on my phone. Decades ago it burnt money in charges I read.  So if no wifi connection it is useless for me to try stuff needing data ... like banking.

I got Kbank internet banking.  It works everywhere on my tablet computer I tried. (Hong Kong, Dubai, Malaysia).

BUT  it only works for me with Firefox browser .. not the Chrome browser Samsung /Android in built browser.  Some sites just wont work with Chrome. Seen a few other people say the same thing ...  thats my experience too. Not sure about Apple or other browsers or if the Chrome problem solved now.

I hope this is useful info.

Edited by Wingeing Pom

Harry Brown
37 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Are you not using your phone as a computer with internet connection ? Nothing to do with the phone number. Its a small computer when you not using it as errrrrr ... a phone.  They need to auto phone you I expect only if you setting up a new payee.

Ive never turned data on, ever on my phone. Decades ago it burnt money in charges I read.  So if no wifi connection it is useless for me to try stuff needing data ... like banking.

I got Kbank internet banking.  It works everywhere on my tablet computer I tried. (Hong Kong, Dubai, Malaysia).

BUT  it only works for me with Firefox browser .. not the Chrome browser Samsung /Android in built browser.  Some sites just wont work with Chrome. Seen a few other people say the same thing ...  thats my experience too. Not sure about Apple or other browsers or if the Chrome problem solved now.

He might not be using his Thai phone back at home, the bank will send a text for any codes  to that phone. 

My bank sends pass codes everytime I do some thing on my account. if it isn't acknowledged then you can't access the account.

Do you use your Thai phone when back home?

regyai

This is one of the reasons God gave us dual SIM mobiles :rolleyes:

You need to open international roaming for the Thai SIM (with the network whilst your are in Thailand)

You'll then get the one time code SMS's from your Thai online bank accounts to the Thai SIM 

Obviously if you accept incoming calls whilst roaming charges accrue

sulu
2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

He might not be using his Thai phone back at home, the bank will send a text for any codes  to that phone. 

My bank sends pass codes everytime I do some thing on my account. if it isn't acknowledged then you can't access the account.

Do you use your Thai phone when back home?

These OTP (One Time Passcodes) seem to be more frequent, especially if you're not home. That said, most sites (banking mostly) register the device you're using and if you log on from a different device will use the OTP or some other sort of verification (Security questions you've previously answered, etc.).

BoA merely asked me to repeat a series of 6 or so jumbled letters and numbers to prove I wasn't a robot.

Even Qatar started using them EVERY time I signed on recently.

But most, if not all of them, also gave an option of having the OTP sent via email; the option that I used most of the time anyway.

sulu
3 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

I'd say you were mostly right.

However, if the OP has an APP from the bank he is (should ?) not be using ANY browser. The APP is its own "browser". That said, hopefully he can receive the OTP via email, as I opt for. Otherwise, as someone else said he would need international access to his Thai phone number to get the text.

Paying for 2 phone numbers in 2 different countries at the same time ? Not a big fan myself.

If you're using FF or Chrome or whatever browser you are using the bank's WEBsite to do you banking, not their app.

As for using mobile data, most phone services, at least here in the U.S., offer a basic plan with enough data for occasional "emergency" use without killing you you overcharges.

I'm on my computer a good portion of the day so I find almost NO need of internet on my phone. I only use the mobile data if I'm somewhere with no wi-fi and I "MUST" look something up.

Other than that I do not use my phone for internet. 

regyai

Too much speculation

Kasikorn (used on line without the app  - which as an aside requires rather invasive setting up) will send an SMS one time code to your registered Thai # each time you do an online (browser based) transaction

sulu
4 hours ago, regyai said:

Too much speculation

Kasikorn (used on line without the app  - which as an aside requires rather invasive setting up) will send an SMS one time code to your registered Thai # each time you do an online (browser based) transaction

But,,,, but,,,,,,,, but,,,,,,,, he ASKED about the APP. :Cry3:

Insatiable

1. If you are using a browser to access their website then you will need an OTP for Transaction which is normally sent to mobile number registered with your bank (in this case, I would advise you to use your home phone number because most of the time you will be accessing the website in your home country) even if you do not have international roaming activated on your Thai SIM, you should still receive an SMS. That's how they are setup as there are no charges for incoming SMSs these days. I even receive promotional messages on my Thai number when I am at home with no roaming.

2. If you are using an App, it doesn't require an OTP for Transaction but just a PIN/Passcode to login to your banking App and maybe another password to complete the transaction. Normally you set this up when you install App on your phone for the first time.

If your bank still asks you for OTP when using an App then it is time for you to change the bank.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

mixedberrys

I use internet banking with my KTB bank account. They send a six digit number to my registered Thai phone number that I have to enter within 2 minutes to confirm the transaction. They will only send it to a Thai number not an overseas number. 

thegrogmonster

Once you have the app on your phone you need to set it up in Thailand over the mobie network. Once you have done this the app will work over wifi anywhere in the world.

I am using the app on my Thai phone on wifi at my house in Australia without any issues at all.

froddo

OP Bangkok Bank notifies me by email in real time every time I access the account online. Might be worthwhile asking your bank if it is an option for you. I set it up in person at the bank. Good luck