IGNORED

LHR-BKK on Thai

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Some information for anyone flying Thai Airways from London Heathrow to Bangkok.

Flights to and from London are currently operating as normal until 7th April 2020. From 7th April onwards some of our evening flights from London (TG917) and lunchtime flights from Bangkok (TG916) will be cancelled.  Our lunchtime flight from London (TG911) and evening flight from Bangkok (TG910) remain operational.

o Passengers are encouraged to check the status of their booking by logging in to the ‘My booking’ section of our website

o If your flight to/from London is cancelled, you or your travel agent (if you booked through one), will be notified. We are reacommodating passengers on earlier or later flights:

If you booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact them directly for assistance

If you booked through our website and you are satisfied with the alternative we have offered, please send us an email at [email protected] with your Airline Booking Reference, and we will email your new, confirmed itinerary

If you are unhappy with the alternative flights we have offered, please email our Reservations team at [email protected] with your Airline Booking Reference and our team will get back to you as soon as possible

o We request that all passengers keep their contact details up-to-date through the ‘My Booking’ section of the website

o From 1st April onwards and until further notice our lunchtime flight from London (TG911) and evening flight from Bangkok (TG910) will be operated with a Boeing 777-300ER instead of the Airbus A380. We will automatically allocate you new seats, so you don’t need to take action. If you would like to see or change your seat for your upcoming flight, this can be done via the ‘My Booking’ section of our website up to 48h before departure.

• Thanks 1

Why would anyone want an 11 hour flight on a 777 I'll always take A380 every time 

Should have flown out last night (19th) on TG917, sent email to [email protected] on the 17th cancelling my flights. I have, heard nothing since other than an email today from Thai airways asking if I enjoyed my flight!!!!

• 2 months later...

Thai Airways resumption of service moved to August 2020

Bangkok – London Heathrow eff 01AUG20 1 daily 777-300ER (Previous : 3 weekly from 16JUL20, 1 daily from 01AUG20)

Edited by Ru4Real
fixed post

4 hours ago, brownmanc said:

Bangkok – London Heathrow eff 01AUG20 1 daily 777-300ER (Previous : 3 weekly from 16JUL20, 1 daily from 01AUG20)

Yes, afraid not looking good for travel to Thailand.

Edited by Ru4Real
fixed post

Got a link to the announcement?

6 hours ago, bestmate said:

There is nothing about moved to August 2020 in that link!

In conjunction with Brownmanc's timetable entry and the first line of Thai's statement its a fair assumption

"Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and the governmental travel and immigration restrictions imposed by several countries, THAI has extended the temporary suspension of its international operations until the end of July 2020."

Flights bookable on Thai Airways website in August are for TG911/910 ex LHR 12.30

14 hours ago, gmingot said:

In conjunction with Brownmanc's timetable entry and the first line of Thai's statement its a fair assumption

"Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and the governmental travel and immigration restrictions imposed by several countries, THAI has extended the temporary suspension of its international operations until the end of July 2020."

Thanks. Looks like it got updated for me in the last 24hrs and i see that now. Maybe i had an old cached version.

• 1 month later...

Thai Airways resumption of service delayed to Sept20

LHR-BKK  from 1st Sept daily 777-300ER

Thai Airways resumption of service delayed to Sept20

LHR-BKK  from 1st Sept daily 777-300ER

I hope this is the case but there court case & Bankrupt restructure could mean anything could happen.

Love Thai Airways but after years of abuse they are like 2 Billion US dollars in the shit.

• 4 weeks later...

Thai Airways resumption of service delayed to Oct20

LHR-BKK  from 1st Oct daily 777-300ER

Edited by brownmanc

30 minutes ago, brownmanc said:

Thai Airways resumption of service delayed to Oct20

LHR-BKK  from 1st Oct daily 777-300ER

Hi Brownmanc,  thanks for posting,  where did you source this info please...?