Moonpig

What is Pattaya like at the moment? - extended to other locations in LoS

Warrior

The following link gives information & all the details of every Covid case in Thailand. At the bottom left of the page kindly select English.

Thailand Covid-19 tracker - https://covidtracker.5lab.co/

Patient with covid visited Soi 6 during March 24-26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thainet
2 minutes ago, asiamonger said:

anyone knows if you have company in pattaya you still can go in and out? I have a lot of buisness to do in BKK, Rayong and Satthip districts and not really sure what the RULES are from today.

Absolutely no Police presence anywhere this morning --nth to sth, east to west.

if some tightening does come in the next few days, just have the company write a letter (in thai, on a letterhead) that your travel is essential etc etc. Then you can show to the policeman if reqd.

Worked for me twice already.

asiamonger
22 minutes ago, thainet said:

Absolutely no Police presence anywhere this morning --nth to sth, east to west.

if some tightening does come in the next few days, just have the company write a letter (in thai, on a letterhead) that your travel is essential etc etc. Then you can show to the policeman if reqd.

Worked for me twice already.

ok will do this as well, good idea.

thanks for the advise.

VBF
20 hours ago, Ludhamlad said:

The restaraunt has but I last went two days ago and had a takeaway but they were saying that there'd not been many customers going so I wasn't surprised to see the shutters down today.

It's a very good place...I got food from Hungry Hippo talking to the owner and he's confident they will be staying open.

That would be Robin and he seems to have his finger on the Pulse. He told me the bar closure was coming 3 days before it happened and he was spot on with his timings.

forcebwithu

My lady had mentioned a few days ago they would be spraying their magic chemical on our soi sometime this week so as to render our soi free from CV-19. When she told me that I was imagining they were going to use the spray machine mounted on the flatbed truck. With that in mind I warned her to make sure all windows and doors were closed, and to make sure the dogs were inside when they came through. Then once they finished to wait an hour or two before opening up the house again. I also told her she should pass on the same advice to her Thai friends on the soi.

Well the big day arrived and I rushed out to snap a pic. Let's just say it was great to have some comic relief during these stressful times.

DSC_0004.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu

Ipsa est veritas
1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

My lady had mentioned a few days ago they would be spraying their magic chemical on our soi sometime this week so as to render our soi free from CV-19. When she told me that I was imagining they were going to use the spray machine mounted on the flatbed truck. With that in mind I warned her to make sure all windows and doors were closed, and to make sure the dogs were inside when they came through. Then once they finished to wait an hour or two before opening up the house again. I also told she should pass on the same advice to her Thai friends on the soi.

Well the big day arrived and I rushed out to snap a pic. Let's just say it was great to have some comic relief during these stressful times.

DSC_0004.jpg

Did the chemical have any particular smell?

Is it bleach?? 

1500B
7 minutes ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

Is it bleach?? 

It "should" be a germicide and disinfectant.

Gonetothedogs

Had a walk round Ekkamai in Bangkok just now. Absolutely terrifying how many business have stripped their buildings down and closed down for good.

not talking only the little massage shops, but long established business like PHO'ty nine.

Rough times for businesses in high rent areas 

forcebwithu
11 minutes ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

Is it bleach?? 

There was only a slight odor. Wish someone would report what chemical it is that they're using here, but it's definitely not bleach based on the odor.

Found this news article Chemical clean-up to fight Covid-19 that had the following info.

Military personnel from the 1st Division of King’s Guard regiment clean the Na Phralan Road in Bangkok’s Phra Nakhon district at dawn on Thursday (March 19) with benzalkonium chloride mixed with water to reduce the risk of Covid-19 spreading.

Wikipedia had this to say about its toxicity. Not something I think most would want to see sprayed around in populated areas.

Benzalkonium chloride is a human skin and severe eye irritant.[25] It is a suspected respiratory toxicant, immunotoxicant, gastrointestinal toxicant and neurotoxicant.[26][27][28]

Benzalkonium chloride formulations for consumer use are dilute solutions. Concentrated solutions are toxic to humans, causing corrosion/irritation to the skin and mucosa, and death if taken internally in sufficient volumes. 0.1% is the maximum concentration of benzalkonium chloride that does not produce primary irritation on intact skin or act as a sensitizer.[29]

Poisoning by benzalkonium chloride is recognised in the literature.[30] A 2014 case study detailing the fatal ingestion of up to 8.1 oz (240ml) of 10% benzalkonium chloride in a 78-year-old male also includes a summary of the currently published case reports of benzalkonium chloride ingestion. While the majority of cases were caused by confusion about the contents of containers, one case cites incorrect pharmacy dilution of benzalkonium chloride as the cause of poisoning of two infants.[31]

Benzalkonium chloride poisoning of domestic pets has been recognised as a result of direct contact with surfaces cleaned with disinfectants using benzalkonium chloride as an active ingredient.[32]

As many as 20 people were murdered in Japan, by a nurse injecting this.[33]

Edited by forcebwithu

Gonetothedogs

The Thai cabinet has just approved the postponement of the start of the new school year from 16 May to 1 July. 

dave01

They came down our soi yesterday arvo, with a flatbed truck and spraying stuff everywhere...

Spellforce

I don't want to create a controversy, because some people have already criticized me here, they think I'm too optimistic. I did it with Excel.
This graph is interesting and factual, this is the evolution of new cases of covid in Thailand since the beginning of the crisis.

1.jpg.3ed1fb160a4a869c25f37f80a6dd4394.jpg

PS: only 38 new cases yesterday and they do much more testings today.

Spellforce

@EdgeI dont think it has to be moved in a general thread about covid, those are factual figures about the situation in Thailand.

forcebwithu
5 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

I don't want to create a controversy, because some people have already criticized me here, they think I'm too optimistic. I did it with Excel.
This graph is interesting and factual, this is the evolution of new cases of covid in Thailand since the beginning of the crisis.

1.jpg.3ed1fb160a4a869c25f37f80a6dd4394.jpg

PS: only 38 new cases yesterday and they do much more testings today.

Worldometers reported 51 new cases yesterday. As I understand, they pull the numbers from official sources.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

image.png

Spellforce
1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Worldometers reported 51 new cases yesterday.

51 was 2 days ago, 38 was yesterday. My source is sanook.com

1.jpg.28d50a5df7f5aa2e8a6ad63588575b31.jpg

forcebwithu
3 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

51 was 2 days ago, 38 was yesterday. My source is sanook.com

1.jpg.28d50a5df7f5aa2e8a6ad63588575b31.jpg

Sanook is not an official source. And their timeline is incorrect. 38 is the current count for today.

source: http://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en 

image.png

Spellforce

@AtlasWe also have FreshFood, Top, Siam Expat Food, Thai markets, we wont starve :)

Gonetothedogs

Bit of an ugly mood is going round Phuket at the moment. It’s all the fault of #shit tourists apparently.

although it’s fine for Thais to drive around photographing Falang driving around, naturally  

80AFD2EC-E35B-4BE0-B0BF-4FBC0C1F7F57.jpeg

C7996278-A75F-4F21-8D81-2AB3E89BB7B1.jpeg

60C4C8E1-3DC4-463E-A2A3-AE1EEB2EF8AC.jpeg

hhdan

Here in Phuket its a ghost town. TF is almost empty, as everyone has gone home to the village. Yesterday 100% of the people I saw when i was out had masks on, and other than Tesco, Big C, etc., nothing is open.

macky
2 hours ago, Ipsa est veritas said:

Is it bleach?? 

Over here I have been using chlor tab evans vanodine. seem to think this will work as good as anything 

The Pattaya News

Bangkok- The Thai Cabinet approved late Tuesday a 1.9 Trillion baht stimulus, on top of additional previous packages, designed to help small and medium businesses as well as individual people, especially in the so called “informal” sector, with financial difficulties stemming from tens of millions of people currently being out of work due to the […]

The post Thai Cabinet approves 1.9 Trillion baht economic stimulus, 5000 baht monthly payouts extended to six months appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website