Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | NEW PA website | Add your Text or Event here

Moonpig

What is Pattaya like at the moment? - extended to other locations in LoS

Moonpig

Hi, 

We have just had our Asia cruise cancelled last minute and are considering Pattaya for a couple of weeks.

Whats it like on the ground , normal or is everyone wearing masks and not smiling.

Ziplee

I just got back a couple of weeks ago. Not many masks on. But they are very aware of the situation.

splitpin

Still busy, check during Thai peek hours

https://i-rovers.com/cam-sports-schedule/

George1234
Posted (edited)

The top GoGos on WS are busy every night, most of the GoGos on LK Metro are busy every night. The beer bars that are normally busy are still busy. 

Just fewer Chinese tourists. 

Edited by George1234

millard_filmore
7 minutes ago, George1234 said:

Just fewer Chinese tourists. 

Does "Chinese tourists" mean the looky-loos that follow flags?

LRanger

Chinese tourists that follow flags and bus around clogging the streets with big white coaches belching out diesel fumes.

It's like a rewind 5 years to them good ol days.

wickedd

No Chinese, no massive tour buses clogging up the traffic, traffic flows on 3rd road so smooth, no lines at immigration, baht down, great deals on hotels&flights. Its actually great time to go if u can take the risk.

marky9876

Flew back on 5th March. Barely anyone wearing masks, life continues as normal.

George1234
2 hours ago, millard_filmore said:

Does "Chinese tourists" mean the looky-loos that follow flags?

Chinese tourists: flag followers, off coach -back on coach etc.

Pattaya is operating as normal as far as I can see. I’m not seeing many masks other than in chain stores, shopping malls etc. There probably is a drop in monger numbers, but it isn’t always easy to discern. 

As it stands, I wouldn’t let any ideas of a diminished mongering experience deter anybody.  

Velocities000
1 hour ago, Cosmic36 said:

I was on WS last night at about 10pm.  Many people just walking around.  Saw a good crowd at the Candy Shop.  But other music venues empty.

I had 1 drink at LePub and hung out until midnight.  Then walked down a dead Soi Diamond.  It's like a cemetary of failed and failing gogos and bars.  LePub is doing fine by the way.

I went into Red Car for the hell of it.  The Thai Guys squirted hand sanitizer in my hands as I began the long walk inside.  I think it was hand sanitizer, 555.  Red Car had about 7 ladies inside and a few geezers.  But totally dead. 

I walked up Beach Road, now a bit after midnight.  Probably the most girls/grannies/fatties/LBs/other I've seen in a long time.  I walked the main stretch to soi 10.  

And yes I grabbed a lady I have seen before.  Things might look different on a weekend because it was Monday night.

Just a slice of Pattaya last night.

The glory days long gone 

FarangKiNok

I was there two weeks ago.

LK & SW was busy. Soi buakhao was quiet. Plenty of young American army / navy men. Zero masks, prices are up but it was an amazing week.

I say go.

FarangKiNok
1 hour ago, Cosmic36 said:

I was on WS last night at about 10pm.  Many people just walking around.  Saw a good crowd at the Candy Shop.  But other music venues empty.

I had 1 drink at LePub and hung out until midnight.  Then walked down a dead Soi Diamond.  It's like a cemetary of failed and failing gogos and bars.  LePub is doing fine by the way.

I went into Red Car for the hell of it.  The Thai Guys squirted hand sanitizer in my hands as I began the long walk inside.  I think it was hand sanitizer, 555.  Red Car had about 7 ladies inside and a few geezers.  But totally dead. 

I walked up Beach Road, now a bit after midnight.  Probably the most girls/grannies/fatties/LBs/other I've seen in a long time.  I walked the main stretch to soi 10.  

And yes I grabbed a lady I have seen before.  Things might look different on a weekend because it was Monday night.

Just a slice of Pattaya last night.

Two weeks ago I was surprised by the quality on BR. On both sides on the road had talent. It was the best I have ever seen it.

From 8 PM to Midnight the selection and quality was quote good. Prices are up though.

simon6666
23 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

Prices are up though.

What are you talking about 'prices are up'?

Specifics?

petermik
7 hours ago, simon6666 said:

Specifics?

He,s talking about the freelancers hanging about on Beach road....like most other things here prices are always negotiable....:GrinNod1:

FarangKiNok
1 hour ago, simon6666 said:

Specifics?

My last trip was September 2019. Since than and Feb/March-20 the TGs I met asked for more than they did last trip.

Prices for ST / LT for me was up.

TNTucker
1 minute ago, FarangKiNok said:

My last trip was September 2019. Since than and Feb/March-20 the TGs I met asked for more than they did last trip.

Prices for ST / LT for me was up.

Thai girl logic.  To earn the same amount of baht per week when there are less customers, requires more baht from each customer.

Let’s see how long that lasts.

FarangKiNok
3 minutes ago, TNTucker said:

Thai girl logic.  To earn the same amount of baht per week when there are less customers, requires more baht from each customer.

Let’s see how long that lasts.

To my surprise too many TGs was firm on their price level. Many did not budge or counter. This is the first time I have experienced this level of resistance.

bobSL1

OP There are less tourists, but the fun places still buz.

deano4598

@Ballbag and anyone else, there is a thread for covid-19 discussion, thake it there if you want that.

johns game
2 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

To my surprise too many TGs was firm on their price level. Many did not budge or counter. This is the first time I have experienced this level of resistance.

Group of 4 of us last week paid 1000 to 1500 baht L/T with beach road freelancers. All with genuine ID cards,cute and under 20 years old (Bangkok uni girls).

Your PA name might reflect your appearance.

splitpin

I think its mainly people going that have already booked months ago. I would love to book for May, but being self isolated for two weeks returning to the UK would be hard financially

So its a wait and see for me

simon6666
3 hours ago, FarangKiNok said:

That happens to everyone though, man. Sometimes I'll run into girls who will want a bit more on one trip, next trip I might run into girls who will be happy with less.

That's just the way it goes, I think.

Cosmic36

I walked through Soi LK around 10pm and it was crowded.  Billabong was overflowing everywhere.  Time bar seems very popular.  There was a football game on but since I am American I don’t care.  Anyway I have no idea if the gogos are busy but town not as empty as I thought.  The beer bar complex on Soi Diana across from Papagoyos was so empty of girls.  Just sad looking.  Repeat story on beach rd, tons of girls and better since they are not on both sides of the street or being rounded up.  Maybe the BIB are giving them a break due to the construction.  The rats are pretty active too.