Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Two World Records

Skygod

World Team Thailand 2006 THE RECORD!!! 400-way 8 February

42718-8782.jpg

42718-8783.jpg

42718-8784.jpg

42718-8785.jpg

"Tonight we celebrate the largest freefall formation in the world. Our practice and preparation paid off--the pilots and His Majesty's planes, the dive design, the oxygen and communications systems, the skydiving organization, and the flyers. It was so smooth, we can hardly believe that it seemed so hard just a few days ago.

In all our skydives, we just took our time and got better each time. Our patience and understanding and our trust in ourselves in ourselves and each other that we truly could make this historic record brought us here. We have contributed more smiles in a land where everyone smiles.

This is not just a World Team record. We dedicate it to the King, to our teammates both in the planes and in freefall, to the people of Udon Thani and Thailand. And we dedicate it to skydivers worldwide. We know you were listening and watching. We hope we have inspired you."

World Team Thailand 2006 sets a new Guiness Book Record by dropping 960 skydivers into the new airport in Bangkok.

Aircraft: 3x Turbo DC3, 1x Fiat G-222, 8x Hercules C-130.

42718-8786.jpg42718-8787.jpg42718-8788.jpg42718-8789.jpg

42718-8790.jpg42718-8791.jpg42718-8792.jpg42718-8793.jpg

"We filled the sky with parachutes before Thai military officers and dignitaries for nearly 15 minutes—hundred of parachutes for the King just like the original parachutists in Siam (Thailand’s former name) who performed for the King, as reported by the French Envoy in the year 1687. Skydiving enjoys deep roots in a land of silk and limitless imagination."

"Now our mission is done. We hope we have promoted this wonderful country for what it has meant to us and to our endeavors, both in sport and in spirit. Where else would we find such support for our dreams to come true?"

thats for sharing!! Im really getting into this aviation stuff recently.

p.s i was sitting in my dads 172 the other day thinking how the fuck did you jump out of one? was it converted or did you just move one of the seats forward and jump out of the door with it flapping wildly? There were some crazy thermals out there yesterday and i was shitting myself flying the plane!!

thats for sharing!! Im really getting into this aviation stuff recently.

p.s i was sitting in my dads 172 the other day thinking how the fuck did you jump out of one? was it converted or did you just move one of the seats forward and jump out of the door with it flapping wildly? There were some crazy thermals out there yesterday and i was shitting myself flying the plane!!

In the 172, the door hinged up to click into place under the overhead wing. As for th einternal 'seating' arrangement, the pilot is left as normal and the co-pilot seat is rotated 180 degrees so that it is facing inward.

It's a bit 'cosy' with 3 skydivers and a pilot on a 40 minute climb to 10500', and not exactly pleasant when one of the instructors 'drops his guts' at around 8500'.

But once your out and the initial acceleration is over, you just feel as though your floating. The sky is just one big playground and you can just play about.

There's only one thing that you have to remember when skydiving.

PULL!

Try 100 at a time...out of each aircraft...700 fucking loonies trying to colapse each others chutes...thats when it get a bit hairy!

1paraBTN_jump.jpg

MassTac.jpg

Edited by Dean

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!