Expat-est

Yangon: A Quck Primer

kingofsurf

Interesting and useful information for those wanting to explore new frontiers.

So about what were your average costs for a ST?

From what you described, it starts from $50 upwards?

If Yangon's sex tourists are mostly Asians, that usually means higher prices?

Expat-est

UPDATE: Power Light, noted by me in the original post, is closed, and apparently has been closed for a while. I rarely visited it, so was unaware.

Located near where it was, however, behind a gas station ( 16°47'29.10"N,  96°10'3.08"E) is a newish club called "225" (Maybe the old 225 moved, or it's branch II). Taxi drivers, most of whom will know it, would understand "Two Two Five".

225 is a mix of 'fashion' show and singing. Teams of women run by the same mamasans take turns playing catwalk model, with one of them taking the stage between fashion teams to sing (badly, but to vigorous applause by the audience). The crowd is virtually all Asian with Westerners a rarity, but welcome. Mostly the crowd is local businessmen or 45-65 year old Japanese 'salarymen'. Chinese are likely to be customers, too, but the ongoing Covid-19 issue has resulted in a total ban of Chinese flights from entering Myanmar.

All of the women, who range in age from 18-late 20s, with most seeming to be about 20, are available. "Barfines" before 1am are about $100, but after 1am are ~$33. Everything is LT, and runs about $60.

The place serves a limited range of draft and bottled beers, plus hard liquor and the most popular cocktails like G&T or whisky coke. Different foods are also available. A mug of draft Myanmar Beer goes for $1.35, so it is rather difficult to run up a big bin.

In the few times I've visited I've seen a rather pleasing assortment of women, from the type middle age Japanese salarymen prefer (think light-skinned Pin-Up spinner types) to women with a little more heft. In each of my visits I've seen many who would put to shame, or at least equal, the best Billboard, Pin-Up, or Palace has on offer. Factor in that everything is LT, and that Myanmar women are prone to delivering a GFE (unlikely a PSE), and 225 is a place many would find attractive.

cytolliver

Is there a dress code at these clubs.   It is near 95 even at night in Yangon now so pants and a button down shirt is just too fucking hot.   

wanderer9577

Thanks for the information. I was considering some place in Malaysia and this helped quite a bit. Question though, is have anyone used the ATMs there?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Expat-est
On 07/03/2020 at 10:09, cytolliver said:

Is there a dress code at these clubs.   It is near 95 even at night in Yangon now so pants and a button down shirt is just too fucking hot.   

I don't know if there's a dress code or not. Since the crowd is mostly middle aged Japanese (who tend to wear slacks and a collared white shirt) and local Myanmar (who wear a longyi), I did not see anyone in shorts or sleeveless shirts.  Anyway, the cooling system inside seemed adequate, and if I got hot under the collar at all, it was due to the entertainment.

To be on the safe side, slacks and a polo would guarantee admission, and once inside the temp should be fine. Sandals are okay, too, as that's normal Myanmar wear with a longyi.

It's very foreigner friendly. Within seconds of entering, my mate and I were joined by several women, and none asked for anything other than to sit and chat. Of course, that sort of non-aggression generally leads to buying them drinks, which are the same price as a customer drink (about $1.40 for draft beer). We stayed for a couple of hours the first night and ran up a combined tab of about $20. I went again and ran up a larger tab, because I bought food for a few of the women, plus drinks. Still, very cheap.