Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LK The Empress

mikemike24

Newbie here. Going to Pattaya for the first time and I am psyched. I booked a week at LK The Empress on Beach Road. I didn't seem to find anything as far as reviews on PA for this place but if anyone has had some experiences here (especially those of the negative sort) I would definitely appreciate any tips. Look forward to my own review of LK The Empress when my trip concludes.

You must not have looked that hard! I put LK Empress in the Search Box and found a few threads like this one when I scrolled down through the results:

And this one...

Edited by briguy
  • Like 3

I stayed there for 3 or 4 nights when it first opened.

Great location nice view of the ocean/beach and I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

I'm sure it is like the other LK hotels, gets a little dated because they don't put any money back into the upkeep/repairs.

There are reviews here like @briguy posted, but you can also find reviews on Agoda.

LeoTEx

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I stayed there my first trip. Great location and hotel. There are stairs in the restaurant/ buffet area that lead to the elevators that allow you to avoid the front desk/reception area.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

I stayed there for 3 or 4 nights when it first opened.

Great location nice view of the ocean/beach and I found the staff very friendly and helpful.

I'm sure it is like the other LK hotels, gets a little dated because they don't put any money back into the upkeep/repairs.

There are reviews here like @briguy posted, but you can also find reviews on Agoda.

LeoTEx

I always get confused on this hotel...

Which LK is at the start of Soi Diana as you come in from 2nd road...?

The place is like a Palace inside,stayed there last year, large buffet breakfast, if you want bacon just ask.

39 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

I always get confused on this hotel...

Which LK is at the start of Soi Diana as you come in from 2nd road...?

The first one on the left, its the LK Residence.

Further up also on the left side is Soi Diana just before Soi Buakhao is the LK Metropole, where I stay a few days each trip.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Great hotel, Love the location, nice rooms, good pool, good breakfast buffet.  Girls must be at least  20  years old and show id at the desk.  If you bring 2 back at the same time its an extra 1,000 baht at the front desk.  Enjoy!

4 minutes ago, leedobra said:

Great hotel, Love the location, nice rooms, good pool, good breakfast buffet.  Girls must be at least  20  years old and show id at the desk.  If you bring 2 back at the same time its an extra 1,000 baht at the front desk.  Enjoy!

There's an elevator in the back, so you can come in through the family mart out of sight of the front desk.

Same with the front elevator in the restaurant area. Come in casually through the restaurant.

4 hours ago, Biennial said:

There's an elevator in the back, so you can come in through the family mart out of sight of the front desk.

Same with the front elevator in the restaurant area. Come in casually through the restaurant.

The elevators is also down in car park 

I tried the family mart elevator.  front desk was on it, wouldn't let the elevator go up, had to check em in.........

Definitely worth it though!

I like the Jacuzzi suite with seaview or if you spend time in the room the beachfront suites are great.

I used this place for many years I remember when the breakfast restaurant was open air. Much better now they closed it off.

• 3 months later...

Stayed here a few times in the last 5 years.  A very functional and decent hotel.  Side-entrance through the 7-11 is a bonus if you feel like being clandestine.

Staff are curt but not rude.  You get a 2 breakfast tickets for each day of your stay so you can relinquish them whenever; if you have extra guest she can use the other ticket.

Seaview rooms are probably worth it.  They look on to the pool too.  all in all, the location and general style of the hotel is perfect for Pattaya.  Once sat on veranda and witnessed thunderstorm out at sea.  Good for just having a coffee and witnessing the madness in the streets down on the beach.
IMG_0521.thumb.jpg.a12457bf70f25b8cfe8c150bf443e057.jpg
I think location is superb.  The will bring you drinks and refreshing fruit juices to the pool on your room service.

On 30/05/2020 at 15:33, C Crest said:

Stayed here a few times in the last 5 years.  A very functional and decent hotel.  Side-entrance through the 7-11 is a bonus if you feel like being clandestine.

Staff are curt but not rude.  You get a 2 breakfast tickets for each day of your stay so you can relinquish them whenever; if you have extra guest she can use the other ticket.

Seaview rooms are probably worth it.  They look on to the pool too.  all in all, the location and general style of the hotel is perfect for Pattaya.  Once sat on veranda and witnessed thunderstorm out at sea.  Good for just having a coffee and witnessing the madness in the streets down on the beach.
IMG_0521.thumb.jpg.a12457bf70f25b8cfe8c150bf443e057.jpg
I think location is superb.  The will bring you drinks and refreshing fruit juices to the pool on your room service.

How much a night.

2 hours ago, earnie said:

How much a night.

Right now the deluxe double with sea view is coming in at around £100 as quoted by Agoda on March.  There are less expensive rooms, but i have to say it is slightly more expensive than I remember paying.

You know what its like with hotel rooms and flights, there is often a fluctuation.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed here for 4 nights in November last year and have absolutely no complains ... the rooms are huge and the bathrooms are big too with separate shower cabin and a decent jaccuzi ... I had a deluxe room with jaccuzi and a small balcony facing the soi ( if we look on right side the sea and beach road was visible so can say a partial see view ) ... and I had absolutely no issues getting girls in and out of room all the time ( never got 2 girls together so not sure about that rule )... and yes the elevator can be used from the basement and if done that way can surely avoid the reception too especially during late nights .... the breakfast was very good too but found the restaurant crowded with family crowd which in general was not visible during the stay .... I paid around 90 usd per night for the room ... will I recommend it to fellow BM and stay here again ?? Definitely yes but somehow want to try Page 10 hotel during my next trip ( immediately once the travel restrictions are lifted )... indeed am confused ... Page 10 or Empress 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the reviews - staying at the Empress at the end of Aug for a weekend with my girl. 

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK