Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Laundry facility

revan00

I'm looking at staying at VT6 and was wondering if there are any good laundry facilities close by? I'm only taking a carry on so I'll have to do my laundry more often this trip. 

There's laundry facilities actually inside the condo on the ground floor. It's not KG laundry more of an per item thing. If you want cheap charlie KG laundry you can carry your stuff to Soi Honey, assuming there's still cheapo place there.

there are coin-op laundry machines downstairs in vt6.  You can also select a vt6 room that has a washing machine

there are coin-op laundry machines downstairs in vt6.  You can also select a vt6 room that has a washing machine

Didn’t know that was an option. I’ll go back and look for one. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Any idea of the cost for the machines?

Thx.

6 minutes ago, revan00 said:

Good to know. Any idea of the cost for the machines?

Thx.

i think around 50bht, though I'm not 100% sure since it's been a year or so since I looked

I have never stayed here personally, but obviously website link saying they have the facility available and also contact details - https://viewtalay6.com/services/

I had a bit of spare time, so trawled through various website reviews, I could not find anything recent so assume prices may have changed, but found this from Dec 6 2017

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g293919-d12562501-i292828153-View_Talay_6_Condominium_by_Honey-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

If you don't want to click the link, I've quoted the particular paragraph below.

"Laundry
There are laundry shops downstairs as well as a self laundry opposite Honeys coffee shop . I believe it is 50 baht for the wash. enough for a few days worth of clothing plus you need to buy your own washing powder and it only takes 10 baht coins.
Only problem is there are no baskets to use and no places to hang up the wet clothes so i ended up going to the laundry shop on between soi 7 and 8 to do the washing for me.
Not sure if the scales were real or fake but it weighed in at 6kg and 100 baht per kilo.
The woman calculated my clothes per item and it worked out at 350 baht . "

I have never stayed here personally, but obviously website link saying they have the facility available and also contact details - https://viewtalay6.com/services/

I had a bit of spare time, so trawled through various website reviews, I could not find anything recent so assume prices may have changed, but found this from Dec 6 2017
https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g293919-d12562501-i292828153-View_Talay_6_Condominium_by_Honey-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

If you don't want to click the link, I've quoted the particular paragraph below.
"Laundry
There are laundry shops downstairs as well as a self laundry opposite Honeys coffee shop . I believe it is 50 baht for the wash. enough for a few days worth of clothing plus you need to buy your own washing powder and it only takes 10 baht coins.
Only problem is there are no baskets to use and no places to hang up the wet clothes so i ended up going to the laundry shop on between soi 7 and 8 to do the washing for me.
Not sure if the scales were real or fake but it weighed in at 6kg and 100 baht per kilo.
The woman calculated my clothes per item and it worked out at 350 baht . "

Awesome. Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding, how did you get to your room without seeing all the laundry options on the ground (3) floor

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 25/02/2020 at 21:19, revan00 said:

I'm looking at staying at VT6 and was wondering if there are any good laundry facilities close by? I'm only taking a carry on so I'll have to do my laundry more often this trip. 

revan00 you've already been given some good advice :)

Once your in Pattaya and staying at VT6 you should keep a look out for Laundry shops that are close to VT6.  Right outside my hotel there is a laundry shop and I just leave my clothes with the lady who works there and she washes, drys and irons the clothes for me and I just go back later to collect and pay.  The Thai lady always does a great job.  There just might be a great laundry shop just a short walk from VT6.

The last time I stayed at VT6, one of the laundry shops there on the 3rd floor, had a special 500 baht for 50 pieces. and she did a great job, highly recommended. I think it's the second one on the right from the lifts.

• 4 months later...

You're probably already aware, but it's extremely affordable to have your laundry done at one of the local launderers. I can't imagine there's a soi without one. Typically a weeks worth of clothing will run 200-300 baht. Have never had any issues. Just remember to keep your ticket. 

• Like 1