Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Siam view Vs Flipper lodge Vs Hotel Amber Vs Cornerstone

batista275

Hi guys,

Have booked all 4 on booking.com for a short trip in March.Free cancellation upto 28th february.The best ones like Areca Lodge,april suites all seems to be sold out.

The other 3 except corner are of similar rates.(About 1200-1500 bhat per night)Corner is dirt cheap(Its about 800 bhat) and I wondered if the location is very far.Except Amber,the other 3 seems to have similar sized rooms,facilities.Amber goes as 4 star on Booking.com

Looking at a good location.Close to action,close to restaurants,bars,bhat bus,massages(so we can get back to the hotel from WS).How would u guys compare the locations of all 4 hotels?

Flipper lodge

Breakfast - Flipper offers a breakfast till 12 noon which is a plus.I read here that the hotel is a bit outdated now.Location seems to be alright as per fellow mongers.

Siam view residence

Location seems to be alright.Cant find much details here about the hotel

Cornerstone

Looks far as per the forum.Rooms look fine

Amber

looks a beautiful place.Is the location an issue?

Feel free to recommend any other hotel too.dates are 7-10 March - 3 double rooms with balcony.budget 1200 bhat - 1500 bhat per night per room

I have stayed at amber.
New hotel. Good bed and breakfast was just okay.

location is fine for buakhao and LK Metro area. 5 min walk to buakhao ,and about 10-15 to LK Metro ,or you can take bath-bus from buakhao
if you like a sunny pool, dont go to amber. Not much sun there. Maybe couple of hours and early.

I stayed at Flipper waaaay back in 2012 and it was dated even then. Was very disappointed with the room as it was super small and smelled of cigarette smoke and I could hear everything.......everything going on in surrounding rooms.
The Flipper staff however was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never assume an unexploded goat is evidence of a good decompression profile.

Ive  been staying at the flipper for years now, the rooms in both wings have been renovated in the last few years. The staff are great. Sailor bar across the soi for good cheap food and drink.

On 25/02/2020 at 21:48, batista275 said:

Amber

looks a beautiful place.Is the location an issue?

I stayed there a few times this past month. It is modern and well managed though not great value for the money. Location is good for Soi Geriatric,aka Soi Buakhao.  For me two issues - 

1 - breakfast was not very good for Western food. It was mainly targeted at the Chinese packages tourists

2 - had a large number of Chinese package tourists. I counted  3 coaches in hotel coach park plus a few off site parked.

Situation will be different now due to Covid-19!

IMHO the best value rooms in the street is the Marina Residence, an older hotel but for 850THB great size room and balcony. 

Ive  been staying at the flipper for years now, the rooms in both wings have been renovated in the last few years. The staff are great. Sailor bar across the soi for good cheap food and drink.

Is the internet included? Or do you have to pay extra for it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Internet is included i don't pay for it they give you a pass word when checking in , sometimes it works well sometimes not so well depends on how many people are using it i guess.