Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KLM Business Class BKK-AMS-BKK

kansuwan

Lived in LOS for years; my last trip back to the UK turned into a transport nightmare thanks to whatever British Rail is called these days (last minute cancellations, delays ....).

An alternative this year might be BKK-AMS-BKK with KLM Business Class, then a hopper flight to/from my main UK destination.  Certainly friendly flying & transit time-wise and the business class fares in cheaper months aren't complete wallet emptiers, given that there'd be no add-on inter-city rail fares/London hotels at silly prices.

Any BMs care to comment on KLM Business Class service?  

Thanks in advance.

They were my regular, frequent airline for many years. Not used them for a while so the following may be out of date:

Main flight was always ok with decent service. 2-2-2 seating. Plenty of room but, obviously, someone next to you.

The Hopper flight could be a very small plane, depending on airport. I flew from CWL so it was always a small plane. Out of terminal, walk across to plane, up steps into plane. Not much headroom. Economy seat with empty one next to you. Then switched to slightly bigger plane with Economy seat with very slightly more legroom. Bussed to Terminal in Schipol.

I really liked Schipol. Big, but easy to navigate. Ok lounge.

I don’t consider them nowadays because of the ‘hop’.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I flew AMS to BKK Business class in September. The business lounge at Schipol was nice place to go before the flight. It was 2-2-2 seating which can lay flat. If you are under 6ft you should be able to lie flat OK. The food was good, got noise cancelling headphones to watch the TV. Staff were really good and friendly. I'm sure other airlines have better business class offerings but I prefer flying with KLM for the flight times and I really like Schipol airport. 

20190829_121123.thumb.jpg.f87455f0839b347cca3184666577b21b.jpg

20190829_125403.thumb.jpg.28748a90c00ba13b70e9693afa54df4f.jpg 

20190829_192754.thumb.jpg.683c910269b5c1fba8aa9c4eb2a9c846.jpg

20190829_195726.thumb.jpg.f101d09b19e0f22c0ea62c5d02ad12cf.jpg

20190830_031637.thumb.jpg.0381265b79016db501e680e85c7f0d69.jpg

Done the AMS-BKK-AMS Biz route on multiple occasions (Skyteam FF miles ticket) and , if given the choice, I'll far prefer AF 1-2-1 over KLM's odd 2-2-2 config not to mentioned to (normal) extremely slow dinner service. Only up-side I see on KLM is to add another house to the collection :P

About 6 years ago I was coming back to Uk via Schipol, the flight was late and I missed my connection. I was dreading the hassle in trying to organise a new connection so when I went to the enquiries I was told go to the ticket machine put my old boarding ticket number in and it would print off my new boarding card out for a seat on the next available flight. It worked perfectly so took about 3 minutes in total, you can imagine trying to do that in Manchester 

• Like 2

I flew ams bkk klm business class multiple times. Also recently.

Take a seat in the middle of the business class, if you have to go to the toilet you dont have to jump over your neighbour if you have a window seat. I am tall but I can sleep good in the flat seat/bed.

I like the KLM service and the houses they give you, the direct flight etc. If you can get a ticket for around € 1800- 1900 its a good deal.

I am regular Klm business traveler for the last 15 years. 

Its simple compared to Qatar and many others, but as scandinavian I prefer this route.  It always works.  Good service, a little slow sometimes compared to others.  

Klm from Ams is very seldom delayed, once they had technical problem, 50 minutes they changed the plane for another one.

Food is good and they serve as much alcohol as you want. 

But I really dont like the new lounge in Schiphol. Old one much better....

26 minutes ago, pangetongoy said:

But I really dont like the new lounge in Schiphol. Old one much better....

Echo that....but do love all the KLM house they got on display by the escalator

Really don't like the seats. Service was great but the breakfast just before arriving in Bangkok was really very small, not impressed.