IGNORED

flight booked , should i book hotel now? going june

nunchuck

On 23 February 2020 at 02:22, nunchuck said:

hotel Aqcua   Booked. For 14 nights. Deluxe room with breakfast x 2 persons  1600 baht per night. Well pleased

and just checked now and no more Deluxe rooms left 

That's a decent deal and indicates that some hotels are happy to take a lower price when booked direct to save paying commissions. 

Personally I would have left it u til later as I expect the exchange rate will slowly improve during the year as it is hurting Thai business a lot. It must be very bad for them to be openly admitting it. 

Take a look next week and you'll probably find Delux rooms available again though. I can't see them being fully booked in June. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Got to say that business types attending conferences won’t be booking into the hotels and guesthouses around Buhakow, LK Metro or Soi6. :wink:

Delegates would be most likely found in the top 5 star hotels. My first visit to Pattaya was around 20 years ago when I was a speaker at the Conference Center on  Pratumnak Hill. All the delegates stayed at one of the nearby 5 star Royal Cliff hotels.

Ok. Do as you wish that was a general point. There is the Marathon that fills up all kinds, various Thai holidays,  etc etc. I travel a lot and if festivals and events surprise you sometimes. 

Another reason I'd book late is Coronavirus. It will probably blow over but if it doesn't we can expect many flight cancellations.
Already I've read that UAE citizens are being allowed to trade to Thailand and Kuwait has stopped flights to Bangkok. Nobody knows where this will end up yet.