IGNORED

flight booked , should i book hotel now? going june

nunchuck

flight booked for june , been looking at some prices for hotels and they seem ok 

but was wondering should  i wait a little longer to see if prices drop a bit more 

For me, I book as soon as I have my dates for upcoming trips, sometimes this can be almost a year in advance.

I really don't see the prices change much on my hotels of choice from the time I book until I check in.

When going during a high season, I want to make sure my hotel of choice has a available room.

If not booking directly with the hotel I use Agoda with an cancellation date. If for some reason the price does drop (which is not offend), I can cancel and rebook.

LeoTex

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Book as soon as possible. Is this going to be your first trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To balance of other BM's reply,  wait till the very last minute or, even better, book on arrival. Who knows you may strike gold !

2 hours ago, nunchuck said:

flight booked for june , been looking at some prices for hotels and they seem ok 

but was wondering should  i wait a little longer to see if prices drop a bit more 

if it's a hotel room, might want to wait for a discount code via Agoda etc ( I regularly get $100 of booking discounts emails from them on weekly basis...)

if it's a specific condo room, book immediately

I'm with Kadinski.  Often the hotels will put down their prices at the last minute, particularly if you use booking.com or Agoda to book and months ahead hotels will often say they don't have rooms available when they actually do but, I guess, just don't want them booked so far in advance.

Example from Russia
Usually have a nice price with pocket trip before 1 month a travel. save 150-200$ from 15 days trip
But if buy separate ticket and hotel, doesn't matter

Отправлено с моего HD1900 через Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Kidzer0918 said:

Book as soon as possible. Is this going to be your first trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been 2 times now    Just thought with this virus thing and going low season might be better to wait 

booked all my hotels in the past. Months in advance

Edited by nunchuck

3 hours ago, LeoTex said:

For me, I book as soon as I have my dates for upcoming trips, sometimes this can be almost a year in advance.

I also book as soon as I have dates. I make sure my bookings have free cancellations as well. I will also book combinations of rooms as same hotel if it is one of my prefered. For example if my mate and I are thinking of going to pattaya for part of a bangkok trip, I will book Saturday-Sunday and Thursday-Sunday With the intention of being in Pattaya Sun-Thurs morning, But I will also book Saturday -Following Sunday in case we decide not to go.  When decision is finalized I cancel the unneeded rooms.  This also gives the option of rebooking if rates drop which in my experience they rarely do.

Book 3 nights in advance and take a list of hotels you want to stay in, then spend an afternoon checking them all out.

Watching YT vloggers doing the reviews of hotel rooms, it looks like some have dropped their walk in prices but if you check on say Agoda you find they are still full price.

2 hours ago, How Much U Pay said:

Book 3 nights in advance and take a list of hotels you want to stay in, then spend an afternoon checking them all out.

Watching YT vloggers doing the reviews of hotel rooms, it looks like some have dropped their walk in prices but if you check on say Agoda you find they are still full price.

got two hotels that i will stay in 

its just the timing of booking. i am thinking about

thanks for your advice 

13 hours ago, nunchuck said:

Been 2 times now    Just thought with this virus thing and going low season might be better to wait 

booked all my hotels in the past. Months in advance

Mate if I was you I would wait you say your are visiting in low season so I assume its a long time away.

You should also consider changing your air ticket to one you can change the date on in case things get bad here and you re think visiting at that time.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Booked my airfares sometime ago when there was a sale.   Held off booking accommodation as I thought travelling in low season prices would possibly drop as the dates got closer. Had a short list of hotels that I checked on Agoda, noticed that there were only a limited number of cheaper rooms, and once they were sold, prices increased.

If you have made up your mind, I'd consider booking now. You may save a few baht by waiting and you may not

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 hours ago, Kandinski said:

wait till the very last minute or, even better, book on arrival. Who knows you may strike gold !

this strategy is good when you know the territory. Do this often. I leave in 4 weeks and haven't booked accommodation in BKK, Khao Lak, Phuket or my second week in Pattaya. Only D-hotel for 10 days over Songkran. 

I usually book early, as I'm excited about the trip. but I noticed low seasons prices don't change much now or later, its already been priced in. What places you looking at?

28 minutes ago, TremontTed said:

I usually book early, as I'm excited about the trip. but I noticed low seasons prices don't change much now or later, its already been priced in. What places you looking at?

hotel Aqcua   Booked. For 14 nights. Deluxe room with breakfast x 2 persons  1600 baht per night. Well pleased

and just checked now and no more Deluxe rooms left 

Edited by nunchuck

Booking now is wise only if you are booking "no pay until a few days before travel" rates, they will be 10%+ over non refundable, but allows a lot of flexibility, and insures a room.  Otherwise, in low season, as well as what is going on with the virus situation I think there will be abundant rooms available, especially for short stays.  For my upcoming trip I am considering booking several hotels which may have different atmospheres (Jomtien and Pattaya Central) for 3, 4 nights each, I travel light so it is easy and not that big of deal in low season. I always do my research on Agoda for there rates and pictures/maps, then contact the hotel direct for generally a more favorable rate and or amenities/room size/location/upgrade.

11 hours ago, Krapyl said:

I would book something decent that has free cancellation. Then just cancel if you find something better.

OP This, it allows you to have a place to head to on your arrival if nothing else pops up and lets you look for the inevitable great deals about a week out from your trip. If I were you I would just book one night now and either stay on or move or cancel.

Choice is your friend in low season and the downturn in visitors.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

10 hours ago, nunchuck said:

hotel Aqcua   Booked. For 14 nights. Deluxe room with breakfast x 2 persons  1600 baht per night. Well pleased

and just checked now and no more Deluxe rooms left 

Excellent value....top choice!

3 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Excellent value....top choice!

When do they take money out of bank , so far nothing taken and nothing pending 

but had email confirmation 

thanks 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nunchuck said:

When do they take money out of bank , so far nothing taken and nothing pending 

but had email confirmation 

thanks 

I’ve never booked direct with the hotel website, only with Expedia or Agoda, so I can’t say for sure. They may not debit your account until your stay.

Book. You don’t know the visitor pattern in the city. Some things are predictable but a convention, a Thai event, a series of conferences held by companies on the same week or weekend will mess you up. 

1 hour ago, norton said:

Book. You don’t know the visitor pattern in the city. Some things are predictable but a convention, a Thai event, a series of conferences held by companies on the same week or weekend will mess you up. 

Got to say that business types attending conferences won’t be booking into the hotels and guesthouses around Buhakow, LK Metro or Soi6. :wink:

Delegates would be most likely found in the top 5 star hotels. My first visit to Pattaya was around 20 years ago when I was a speaker at the Conference Center on  Pratumnak Hill. All the delegates stayed at one of the nearby 5 star Royal Cliff hotels.