Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels near Soi 6 or WS etc?

Soon2Thai

Hey guys,

Having a bit of a nightmare, trying to book a last minute hotel for the 21st to the 28th and can't find any of the recommended on PA free for those dates, first time so I have no idea where anything is really so wanted to go somewhere thats well known but the only ones that are free are jacked up on prices (my fault for leaving it late), prefer to stay in a hotel compared to guest house, just need a safe etc, pool would be nice but not needed and close to everything.

Thanks!

If you use Agoda, a lot of prices will drop when it gets a lot closer to your booking dates rather than be cheaper if you book early.  

For recommendations, it may help to say your price range as we all have different standards for various reasons.

Use the filters.  I'd suggest Beach Road and Central Pattaya as neighborhoods as in most cases you will be close to everything.

Edited by Crushed
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crushed said:

If you use Agoda, a lot of prices will drop when it gets a lot closer to your booking dates rather than be cheaper if you book early.  

For recommendations, it may help to say your price range as we all have different standards for various reasons.

What he said. Just looked on Agoda and Acqua, Secrets, Bay Breeze, The Classroom and others have rooms for your selected dates. Agoda and the other booking sites allow you to view the property on a map. Going to Google Maps directly gives you a better view, sometimes even a street view. I like to stay near 2nd Rd south of Soi Honey. That's my personal preference YMMV.

Is April Suites a good place? Found for around 23 quid a night which seems good, it's a "flash sale" of 50 percent or so off and the price was like 45-50 when I checked it a few hours ago lol

57 minutes ago, HateFlying said:

Is April Suites a good place? Found for around 23 quid a night which seems good, it's a "flash sale" of 50 percent or so off and the price was like 45-50 when I checked it a few hours ago lol

I have stayed in August Suites, which is a sister hotel.  It was a very nice spacious place with a good gym and a nice swimming pool.

39 minutes ago, Crushed said:

I have stayed in August Suites, which is a sister hotel.  It was a very nice spacious place with a good gym and a nice swimming pool.

ah, I think that was the £50 one then, must of gotten the names mixed up, yeah seems nice but big jump double the price and not really sure what to do. gotta make a choice tho.

Went with D hotel in the end, seemed good location, I was going to go Areca but it was sold out, tip of the day I guess don't leave it last minute.

3 hours ago, HateFlying said:

Still not found one, noticed Soi 6 and WS are opposit ends lol makes it tough, any good hotels near Soi 6?

Vessel, the famous monger, is a regular repeat patron of the Queen Victoria hotel; it is actually in Soi Sex.

He takes one of the better rooms with a balcony and has the Number One Breakfast most days.  (Prices may be out-of date. Photo off Vessey report a couple of years old).

image.png.7671066bae010982f78d74f2dbff10ff.png

Check Trip Reports, then the first entry is an index to Vessey's own stories with photos.

Happy reading. You can find the hotel on the web to check rates etc. 

Edited by Bonkabit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Vessel, the famous monger, is a regular repeat patron of the Queen Victoria hotel; it is actually in Soi Sex.

He takes one of the better rooms with a balcony and has the Number One Breakfast most days.  (Prices may be out-of date. Photo off Vessey report a couple of years old).

image.png.7671066bae010982f78d74f2dbff10ff.png

Check Trip Reports, then the first entry is an index to Vessey's own stories with photos.

Happy reading. You can find the hotel on the web to check rates etc. 

I sometimes stay there too.  They don't have a balcony, just a nice view

IMG_20190612_141207.thumb.jpg.6830263ceb5ba9f86cbc86d26f285006.jpgIMG_20190612_141230.thumb.jpg.f3bc6940a3bd18b7b684ec34893428e4.jpg

I like the smoked haddock for breakfast, with some baseball

IMG_20190614_092657.thumb.jpg.38ffe10b1041fadf55f3d63c841673eb.jpg

And I like the Lamb Shank for dinner

IMG_20190613_163024.thumb.jpg.59e30d19740f81f3105d9692eb62265d.jpg

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

16 hours ago, HateFlying said:

Went with D hotel in the end, seemed good location, I was going to go Areca but it was sold out, tip of the day I guess don't leave it last minute.

The D hotel is a great choice. The baht bus will bring you very close to Walking Street

11 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

(Queen Victoria Hotel, Soi 6)...I sometimes stay there too.  They don't have a balcony, just a nice view

Vessey's travel reports have many pictures of the room he usually has: with a balcony.

I have not stayed there myself, just been in for a drink and a perv of the view in the area.

Guess there are different grades of room with varied facilities (and different prices too, probably).

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/02/2020 at 14:56, Bonkabit said:

He takes one of the better rooms with a balcony and has the Number One Breakfast most days. 

I stayed for five days during my last trip. Just to immerse in the Soi 6 experience fully and completely. Can recommend it totally. Like @Bonkabit pointed out, you can start your day off with a great full english breakfast in your room, and that makes me feel like I am on holiday. Of course, watching the girls from the windows is a bonus. 

The downside is the collective noise that wafts up to your room....