Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | Add your Text or Event here 
KingBread

Patong sucks right now! I’ll stick with Patts in future

KingBread

Jeez! What is it with Phuket? Granted I haven’t been back here for over 10 years, limiting myself to Patts & BKK recently (& the Philippines, but that’s for Philippine Addicts!).

I’ve just been in Patong for 7 days and I hate it! The beer bars outside Bangla are dead. Bangla makes the girls on Walking Street seem like angels. The hustle here is intense.

So far I’ve only seen the odd cute girl under 25 in a disco after 2am, and they’re not there the next day like in Insomnia. I’ve seen a few guys with cute girls but I’ve no idea where they are picking them up from or where the girls go before 2am. I’m clearly doing something wrong. I miss Soi Easy & Soi Eric which used to be crammed with cute girls 18-25 and everything made sense.

Backstory: I chased a girl I knew in BKK down here and while she had the decency to meet up for a couple of drinks, she’s barfined into the next month so couldn’t stay with me. Having seen her competition (she’s 20, cute as a button and sweet too—for now at least), I’m not surprised. She gets snapped up again the same day her previous customer leaves.

After this experience I doubt I’ll be back here any time soon & will stick with good old Patts in future.

Mind you, if anyone can point me in the right direction in Patong (ie where I can find pretty girls under 25 before 2am and there’s a chance they’ll be there the next day!) I’ll take direction.

Rant over!

BigBoss73

Was in Patong 10 nights last year in August before Pattaya..Like you said..it does not compare! Too much hustle, everything is dearer.

Pattaya all the way!!

kenshinsh

haven't been to patong in 2 years, before 2 am, i guess the gogos like Suzy Wong and Harem. Besides that they had some cute girls at some of the beer bars. Can find some at clubs like Tiger and Illusion. But honestly it never held a candle compared to Pattaya

JD84

I thought Phuket was shite... over priced...girls not as dirty...and generally mu h less fun that patts.

briguy

I thought Tiger Disco, upstairs from the Tiger beer bar complex, was great two years ago. Just like Insomnia, just about every girl was available and there were many pretty ones (although some preferred ST). The first night I was there, I was content with just sitting near the entrance, as I couldn't believe the smiles and attention I was getting as the ladies walked by!

Edited by briguy

equanimous

And don't get started on the hassle and expense of getting around there.... 

Mr Wombat
1 hour ago, KingBread said:

Jeez! What is it with Phuket?

This is a very timely post for me. i am thinking of going to phuket next week with a girl I know from bangkok rather than heading to pattaya.

I have been to patong many times but havent been back for a few years, I love the beaches and scooting around on a motorbike.

I am not sure if it is worth the hassle anymore

katzenfry

I was also very disappointed of Patong. Imagined it as a more expensive, but fancier version of Pattaya. It was indeed expensive, but attractive girls were hard to find, the discos were sausage parties. Maybe it was the wrong time (around new years eve) but Pattaya is better in every aspect. 

OK, the beach is better. 

krups gusto

My normal travelling bud prefers pating strongly.  He finds it less 'in your face.'. Ie, you can pretend not to be a monger while mongering.

I personally can't stand patong.  I find it has more of all the things I hate in patts.  More 'bros'.  More kids.  More Western food.  More middle age Western women.  And i find the girls more professional.

KingBread

Last night I looked into Illuzions and Hollywood. Hollywood was pretty dead and the ‘girls’ that were there looked close to retirement age. Illuzions was rammed but 90% guys. Saw one or two cute Thai girls there but I’d pretty much given up by then. No clubs on a par with ibar/insomnia imo.

If you’re taking a girl with you to Phuket I guess you’d probably enjoy it but it’s not great if you’re trying to pick up (unless you’re looking for a farang girl, but you’re in Thailand right?!)

talung66

First time  there was in 2004 a month before the  tsunami  I figured it out then not to come back. 

KhunChang
31 minutes ago, KingBread said:

Last night I looked into Illuzions and Hollywood. Hollywood was pretty dead and the ‘girls’ that were there looked close to retirement age. Illuzions was rammed but 90% guys. Saw one or two cute Thai girls there but I’d pretty much given up by then. No clubs on a par with ibar/insomnia imo.

If you’re taking a girl with you to Phuket I guess you’d probably enjoy it but it’s not great if you’re trying to pick up (unless you’re looking for a farang girl, but you’re in Thailand right?!)

Been only to Phuket Bangla Road once in 2012. Nothing to brag about regarding P4P

It seems you had a good experiences in a distant past.

I had very good P4P experiences with delicious young girls in Krabi Ao Nang and in Ko Chang in the past but in from my latest short trips there, i know it's finished.

Seems difficult to get quality beach holidays and quality girls at the same time nowadays :wacko:

Edited by KhunChang

Tigers2017
1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

This is a very timely post for me. i am thinking of going to phuket next week with a girl I know from bangkok rather than heading to pattaya.

I have been to patong many times but havent been back for a few years, I love the beaches and scooting around on a motorbike.

Give yourself an out Wombat old mate if it's lousy for you.  Don't tie yourself down with a return ticket. 3 days and you'll know.  In saying this, I hope that you have an enjoyable experience there. 

wickedd
1 hour ago, KingBread said:

When was your last time in ibar/insomnia? Its pretty abysmal these days as well. Full of dudes and girl worth paying for very hard to find.

I thought Phuket must have better talent in the discos because the talent in Pattaya discos is so low nowadays.

At least Phuket has better air quality.

Thaidive

Been coming to Phuket for many years. Here now for a month. It’s the slowest I’ve seen it ever. Bangla rd packed, but the bars are empty. Tiger downstairs bars are 50% dark and shut down. The few girls are desperate, assaulting you as you walk by. My prediction, it won’t exist as we know it 5 years from now.

I haven’t seen any super hot girls. Went to Tiger Disco last night. Fairly  full after 1AM. Zero stunners, but the rest friendly.

i don’t stay in Patong, the beaches north and south are nice. Daytime better than Pattaya, nighttime not nearly as good.

Saintman1

Used to frequent Suzy Wongs and the New Tiger Complex on Bangla...but gave up on it and only do Patts now..much better

Cane cutter

No comparison for me. Pattaya wins hands down.

rioman

I wish I would have seen these posts a week ago as in Phuket and will x10 that it a clip joint.  If people think Ibar over priced have no illusions that Illuzions would be twice as much for maybe less attn.  Figured in this mkt may as well go the go-go route and thought that had the right candidate - after body juices exchanged in go-go and about 150USD in drinks - and than she managed to elude the fucking she had coming to her.  As mentioned in other threads will do some island trips and cannot wait to get out of here and really get blue balled in Vietnam -  I may be back to Pattaya a lot sooner than anticipated.  

It is pretty, but would rather have pretty and cheap on my cock than look into pretty water that really do not spend much time in.  

Gatormeat

There is no to little comparison between Patong vs. Pattaya. Really a different crowd tourist milieu who goes to Phuket Patong than Pattaya.  More couples more families more young hipsters full moon party types more middle easterners more non-mongers more younger farang backpacker types (dread locks elephant pants). I was just there for 10 days last month JAN 2020..been there before several times. I mainly go for the superior beaches....Karon Kata and all its hidden 'noi' inlets coves and hidden beaches. Many with Decent close in snorkeling reefs with fish life.....don't have to do the island hopping tour (rip off)....just hike the near vertical hillside to Freedom Beach. Excellent work out hike. Kata beach has Wind swell surfing in clean clear water albeit some have jellyfish bobbing around.

You virtually have to rent a motorbike there. The tuk tuk taxi mafia is alive and well there. I consider it a very dangerous riding area with plenty of police check points. I always see or the results of motorbike accidents....and there are usually two ambulance sirens going off every day because of them. The switchback steep ride from Old Town to Patong Beach on The Hill of Death is pretty dangerous.  As well the Patong to fro Kamala run. 

For mongering....its pretty sparse. The back inner area of the Tiger Complex is dead.....the 'sip' baht restroom near the deserted pool tables, has a creepy attendant inside....wanting a tip just for handing you a paper towel. The same could be said for Soi Sea dragon beer complex where the gogo clubs are....with mostly male promo front staff. The gogos are an overpriced rip...don't venture inside. The open faced beer bars ....many with hammer nail game.....just sadly dead. Bargirls do not look appealing. the PINKs table gogo girls at the beginning of Soi Freedom are generally nice and friendly...young with some lookers....but the line of open bars, as you venture towards the end (10 BAHT toilet) is a ghost town....just dead. The combined music is deafening. The BGs seen are generally average, older, desperate and not very appealing (though I've barfined a few in past trips from there). The table top PUM PUI gogo dancers are probably the best looking....but all very aloof haughty unsmiling bored unengaging and mostly interested in their cell phones. Can't blame them....seen many a farang female backpackers video tape them as though they're in some sort of freak show. Bangla seem to have more Ping Pong show touts....but better Break Dance crews than Pattaya WS. Haven't ventured into the upstairs disco clubs...but have heard it is mainly dudes inside with deafening pounding music.  The corner to Rat U Tit road or second road, OSCARS sport bar with table top dancer is decent....but katoey FLers tend to target the naive younger tourists.....great fun to witness. Seems like they all did away with those stupid vibrator stands for the dancers. Did not see 'the lady in the ring' doing her aerial acrobatics this time around.

The billards beer bar complex off Soi Sansabai...another pathetic nr deserted dead zone. Easy to pick up a pool game...but rather average women. The better approach....massage parlors that sell extra services. Hook up with one of your liking.....arrange for a 'massage' session at your 'guest friendly....non joiner fee' hotel room. I've used this non alcohol tactic in the massage parlors of  Patong & Kamala....as well as in Lamai & Chaweng beaches on Ko Samui. Am sure it's very very commonly done in the Pattaya massage shops....uniformed or not. 

That said....in several past visits, yea yea it's a money grab I know....I've barfined a wide spectrum....from good to 'wish I hadn't '  and everything in between.

Edited by Gatormeat

Mognam

I haven't been back to Patong since 2015.  Was seeing a Thai girl there for a number of years.  Swore I would not return for a very long time after I left.  The hustle in Patong is the worst I've experienced anywhere in Thailand.  Mind you once you get away from the tourist trap area you can get a meal and beer for a decent price.  And there are some really nice places to travel to on Phuket island if you know where to go.

But I'm surprised nobody has brought up the Otop beer bar area away from Bangla St.  You walk south from Bangla rd on 200 pii rd.  Opposite the Hard Rock Cafe is the entrance.  Quite a number of bars in that area that might be worth a look......unless they're all closed now.  And from memory while everything is generally is more expensive in Patong the toilets in the Otop beer bar area were only 3 baht.

But yes, as far a mongering Patong is a shadow of its former self.

Gatormeat
30 minutes ago, Mognam said:

I haven't been back to Patong since 2015.  Was seeing a Thai girl there for a number of years.  Swore I would not return for a very long time after I left.  The hustle in Patong is the worst I've experienced anywhere in Thailand.  Mind you once you get away from the tourist trap area you can get a meal and beer for a decent price.  And there are some really nice places to travel to on Phuket island if you know where to go.

But I'm surprised nobody has brought up the Otop beer bar area away from Bangla St.  You walk south from Bangla rd on 200 pii rd.  Opposite the Hard Rock Cafe is the entrance.  Quite a number of bars in that area that might be worth a look......unless they're all closed now.  And from memory while everything is generally is more expensive in Patong the toilets in the Otop beer bar area were only 3 baht.

But yes, as far a mongering Patong is a shadow of its former self.

I saw lots of FOR SALE signs on some of the beer bars (same as in Udon's Day Night complex). Its a pretty relentless money grab and is reflective more of the type of tourist crowd....well heeled with decent amounts of spending money. Lots of russians arabs koreans European farangs but less of our friends from the subcontinent of India.

It was probably the ONLY place where I was openly harangued by a nasty bangla BG for a LD. Noon time, I bought a soda water wanting to sit on the outer bar stools facing Bangla and just people watch by myself. BG sidles up and starts heavy on the LD hustle hassle...when I refused....just wanted to left be alone....she starts loudly calling me 'kee neow'....really nasty mean tone. Rolled my eyes, paid check bin on my untouched my soda water....walked away and never ever went back there. As an added sidenote....the fat mama-San or bartender there also wanted a LD. I told her I'll give a tip instead...the proffered one dollar USD tip wasn't good enough for her....and she refused it. 

Most of the Bangla establishments are fairly decent if not overpriced....but for some reason that particular incident sticks in my memory.

Edited by Gatormeat

K...

I'm sure there's still plenty of fun to be had. 

Not able to find a girl in Phuket? :wink:

Edited by K...

The Broon Bottle

Was there in November. Beer prices were dreadful and the only special was Chang - no thanks. What got me most though was the price of a full English breakfast - around 400 baht! Outrageous!

Had a few days in Chiang Mai prior to that which was very good, but with hindsight would have had more days there and fewer in Patong.

FarangKiNok
9 hours ago, equanimous said:

And don't get started on the hassle and expense of getting around there.... 

I’m never going back to Phuket due to the taxi mafia scam! Not gonna happened.

adammike
9 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

If you and the op had kept even a little but up to date with what's going on you would all be aware that Phuket sucks for everything unless you are in a 5star resort,what's going on with you guys don't you read the forums? nobody has a good word for Phuket.