IGNORED

The Best Budget Hotel

Chuck in Bangkok

I’ve stayed at Baywalk Residence the last few times I’ve been to Pattaya, and... I love it’s location, it’s spaciousness, The staff is cool (very guest friendly), the view from the breakfast area is nice, it’s right on beach road, it’s about $40 a night standard, they have a good pool...

But...

This last time the water heater went out multiple times, the TV is a joke (I like a movie on as I get ready), the breakfast is fair, and... and it’s kinda old and getting close to run down. 

I’m not beyond paying a bit more, but all of these Agoda ads make everything look perfect. Any recommendations? 

Here’s my checklist:

Modern

Close to Beach Road

$40-$60 a night

Pool

Spacious

Nice TV

Good Breakfast

’Guest’ Friendly of course

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had a look at Pattaya Blue Sky on Soi 5?

Just about fits all of the above criteria....

Maybe Page 10, on Soi 10. A few other newer places on Soi 10, can't recall the names.

A little over $60, LK Empress on beach road. New but not modern look.

• 8 months later...

I already went to Pattaya a lot of times and what I love about it is that there are so many good hotels in the area. One time, I happened to stay in KTK Regent Suite and it was amazing for its price, really recommendable. 

• 1 month later...

Pattaya Blue Sky on soi 5 is bang on the money for what you're looking for.

Another great budget hotel with everything you're looking for is D hotel just off soi buakhao. Slightly further away from the beach than Blue Sky but its cheaper and the rooms are bigger.

April Suites is also a great hotel that also ticks all the boxes for you. 

I cannot recommend March hotel enough. Only a short walk to Pattaya klong and a hop skip and a jump from Soi Six. Small pool and very relaxing sauna. The most comfortable beds I've ever stayed in Thailand. Just soft enough for me.

I thought i would give my opinion.. even though i'm not sure its useful.

I think the area around LK Metro is very central so Areca Lodge or Page 10 may work for you.  I have read that at Areca you must ask for the "newer building".  I've never used a pool at a hotel, nor is it a requirement for me so i can't say with experience.

I like the Agoda site and use it almost exclusively while on my travels in asia.

I think you may want to narrow down your location besides saying "near beach road"   to maybe "between beach road and second road, no further north of central festival and south of walking street".

Also "modern" and "spacious" tends to be opposite. ... unless its an older building thats been remodeled... and even then it may not truly have modern amenities.  I've found April/August Suites to be a good compromise... with no pool.

in the low season, I think your budget of 40-60USD may be accomplished.