Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Spain dishes on Darkside

Theres a place on Darkside, recently opened, that has some Spanish dishes, as well as the standard European and Thai dishes.

Its called Casa Espana and is opposite Soi 5, Soi Khatalo.

We had 2 SMLs, and 5 small tapas style dishes, Mussels, Prawns, a papa Bravas potatoes, beef meatballs and tomato bread.

Think bill was around 450B, an enjoyable meal, something a bit different.

A very pleasant owner, married to a Spanish guy, think she said they had a restaurant in London.

BREAD thumbnail_IMG_0223.jpg

M   thumbnail_IMG_0221.jpg

p thumbnail_IMG_0220.jpg

POT thumbnail_IMG_0222.jpg

This sounds interesting. I will likely make my way over from Jomtien some evening.

• 1 month later...

Was in a few days ago, had the garlic and chili prawns again, good.

For main, we shared a paella, and was good.

Reasonable priced.

• Like 1

Oooh what a surprise. I’ll take a look next trip.

I go many times to eat thai food with a regular and she asked me many times too how my country food is. 

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Was in a few days ago, had the garlic and chili prawns again, good.

For main, we shared a paella, and was good.

Reasonable priced.

Paella pictures? Thanks

:Dance1:

• 1 month later...

With dine in options due to be back starting May 3rd, I began updating my restaurant list with some places I wanted to try. One of these is Casa Espana. I found this link for it (it is in Spanish). I can read Spanish. Poorly.

https://casa-espana-spanish-house-and-steak.negocio.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

Although the location matches what @jimboh  posted about, the feel seems a little different than what he described. Anyone know if they have gone through some changes? From the pics, it seems to certainly be a well lit place.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Definitely looks like a must try place very interesting to hear some other reviews.

We stopped in for the first time tonight.

This is a smaller place and despite the good directions and using Google Maps I had a little trouble finding it. Part of that is that I am not familiar with the Dark Side. Anyway it is directly on Soi Khatalo and Google Maps suggested that it was on a side soi. I drove past it a couple of times before I noticed the sign. Duh.

They were glad to see us.

When we go out for dinner, the Mrs. usually likes to get dolled up a little and is not comfortable on the back of the bike, so we usually take the car. Parking for a car is not great right in front of the restaurant, but there is a large market on the North side of the street that has ample parking.

To be blunt, I was not wowed by the food we had. It was not bad by any means, but I was a little disappointed.

I ordered the Chorizo and the same brushetta bread that Jimboh described. Neither was bad, but IMO neither was that great.

193819899_CasaEspana-A.thumb.jpg.aecea9a4ad4af0e1ed44c2e57f842fdd.jpg

2088056151_CasaEspana-B.thumb.jpg.aa3de4b2ac82febc49123974024f5afd.jpg

The Mrs. was going to order the octopus, which I was eager to try, but they only serve it with potatoes, which she dislikes. She went instead with the Calamari Rings, which were not bad.

1223999735_CasaEspana-C.thumb.jpg.536134bb7f3689de1566de31434fb460.jpg

I will try again, but will order different dishes.

I'll have to hit this place up if I make it to Patts this fall. Impossible to mess up the Catalan staples of tomaquet amb pan or patatas bravas. The gambas al ajillo and other tapas look pretty good!