Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Changing flights with Thai?/

Orbital1979

Sorry more stupid questions, anyone with experience of doing this, want to change to leave a couple of days later, is it possible, does it cost much?

Wanted to ask forum before getting in touch with them.

Thanks In advance

Orb

First what class ticket do you have?

The information should have shown if ticket was changeable.

The deciding factor would be how much the 'new' booking cost, because more you would have to pay the difference.

Plus the fee to change it.

Instead of asking us, because I'm sure no one here works for Thai Airlines it call them up and just ask, 

After they tell how much,  you will be able to make a better decision.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Theirs usual a charge to change flights . About £150. plus if the return flight costs more ! " you will have to pay the difference "

Might be better to ring Uk costumer service . { avoid language barriers }

Assuming you bought a discount-ticket of some kind, or purchased via an Online Travel-Agent, changing is usually difficult & expensive.

One possible option might be to look for a cheap one-way instead, on the new date you now want, and abandon your old ticket ?  But last-minute fares are generally NOT cheap !

Or hope your flights are via mainland-China, and hope for the airline to be willing to reroute you or change your dates, for free ?

Assuming you bought a discount-ticket of some kind, or purchased via an Online Travel-Agent, changing is usually difficult & expensive.
One possible option might be to look for a cheap one-way instead, on the new date you now want, and abandon your old ticket ?  But last-minute fares are generally NOT cheap !
Or hope your flights are via mainland-China, and hope for the airline to be willing to reroute you or change your dates, for free ?

DO NOT do this! If you don’t show up for any leg of the flight, the rest of the itinerary gets cancelled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hioctane said:

DO NOT do this! If you don’t show up for any leg of the flight, the rest of the itinerary gets cancelled!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right of course, I was assuming that since the OP is UK-based, this was his return-journey so it wouldn't matter, this being the last part of his itinerary.

5 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Yep - This is one of the reasons I book direct with an airline. It costs a bit more but if your plans or situation changes you are generally able to change booking, at a cost but not overly so.

For example Thai Airlines charge AUD$ 150 to change a booking, AUD $ 220 to cancel outright - bearable IMO.

• Like 1

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

I just did a change a few days ago. Get on their website and enter your res # then click amend. It will ask which leg to amend. Once you select that it will ask you to pick a new flight. This is the same process as with booking a flight. Once you pick the new flight it will give you the cost difference.

There can be quite difference depending on the day you choose. So if you have flexibility then try a few dates.

Cheers for the replies, I asked here to see if anyone had had experience of it as I didn't want to waste time calling up if it was not worth the effort, ticket is Biz class, but was bought through third party and just checking skyscanner, price has is a fair bit higher so maybe not worth the grief. Thanks again for your responses.

• Like 1