IGNORED

Anyone use Thai airways website?

neo1011

Thinking about paying for the extra legroom seats for my flight, enter all the booking details but it won’t let me choose the front row seats that are coloured in.. anyone know if they are coloured in due to being booked? Same page will let me move to other seats just not front row, can’t see any chart on screen showing what seats are booked or not

01A1CCEF-66FC-41A5-BA23-FDF1E99AE837.png

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

There have been rumours about this company going downhill.
Might be worth checking out other airlines first.

Perhaps they keep those seats, for people travelling with babies, so they can use the sky-cot fixed to the bulkhead in front ?

Edited by semi-retired member

You can book and pay for seats with extra legrooms on their app for cellphone, or following the link below because actually they're using external collaboration for that.

This is the link:

https://flightservices.thaiairways.com/Worldwide_Sites.do?processAction=paramLnk&p=/01TGPSo/

2 minutes ago, Norifumi said:

You can book and pay for seats with extra legrooms on their app for cellphone, or following the link below because actually they're using external collaboration for that.

This is the link:

https://flightservices.thaiairways.com/Worldwide_Sites.do?processAction=paramLnk&p=/01TGPSo/

Thanks 

that is the link I was using but it wouldn’t let me choose exit row seats.. it maybe that they are just all booked already

3 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

Thanks 

that is the link I was using but it wouldn’t let me choose exit row seats.. it maybe that they are just all booked already

Use the expertflyer.com website to check on the status of seats.

This is screen shots of the evening flight from London at the end of next month...

36930C08-2980-4E1C-B4ED-812FF8CE47F5.thumb.png.dbce30236ef8cd6e77aa5948e547fef8.png14AD3400-78E0-4F64-9575-7084229A12F6.thumb.png.904eebfdb96db23eba2d9df7a3cc6aab.png

Happened same to me, i can't choose exit row on 2 different flights, but only other seats with a bit extra legroom,  i think or both are really unfortunate or they never let you choose exit row unless directly in airport.

Next week i'll try to go to Thai Airways office and i'll ask in personal. 

I've also been looking as I'm a long bastard. I think you can book those seats once you actually have a ticket.  That's the impression I get anyway..

Of course you need your booking reference to book seats with extra legroom but on my own experience i can't book exit rows in 2 different flights even i have already the ticket.

I can book only other seats with extra legroom and pay for it.

Without booking resesrvation now you can't check on Thai Airways if those seats are available.

Edited by Norifumi

16 minutes ago, Norifumi said:

Of course you need your booking reference to book seats with extra legroom but on my own experience i can't book exit rows in 2 different flights even i have already the ticket.

I can book only other seats with extra legroom and pay for it.

Without booking resesrvation now you can't check on Thai Airways if those seats are available.

So can you pay to reserve exit row seats once you have a ticket? Aren't exit row seats/bulkhead the only seats with extra legroom?

2 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

So can you pay to reserve exit row seats once you have a ticket? Aren't exit row seats/bulkhead the only seats with extra legroom?

Exactly what I thought.. I have a booking already and I believe it is $100 to book a exit row seat for extra leg room. can’t see any other seats for extra legroom

21 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

Sorry maybe i didn't explain in a good way. I consider seats with a bit extra legroom also seats on the row number 31.

Of course these seats don't have big extra legroom same the exit row but still more then normal seats, so you have to pay also for seats on this row because it considered as seats with a bit extra legroom.

Sorry again, i hope i've explained better now.

Just to clarify a bit more, i'm talking about Airbus A350 and on this airplane the row 31 on site Thai Airways is considered with extra legroom so the seats on this row must be paid.

Edited by Norifumi

51 minutes ago, Norifumi said:

Happened same to me, i can't choose exit row on 2 different flights, but only other seats with a bit extra legroom,  i think or both are really unfortunate or they never let you choose exit row unless directly in airport.

Next week i'll try to go to Thai Airways office and i'll ask in personal. 

you will possibly get a 'no hab' response.

................................................................................................................

13 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

you will possibly get a 'no hab' response.

I think it said needs to be booked more than 48 hours before departure.. but if there are seats available I’m sure they would sell them

For exit row seats, you must be physically able and willing to assist with opening the door in emergencies. Typically, if you are showing obvious difficulties or require a seat belt extension you may be denied at check in.

Ok as I started the thread I may as well give the info... there was only 1 exit row Seat available on my flight out. it didn’t show any first of all but I think the website is a bit dodgy so refreshing it showed there was one left at £84

checked my flight back which is on the airbus And there was a few available at £87. 
the link that norifumi posted earlier is the correct way of doing it.. it’s just a bit glitchy sometimes

I pick my seats using the Thai airway's app. It gives you a chart and an explanation of what seats are already booked etc. 

Also if you do use their app......do not select food options unless you have specific dietary requirements....i messed around with it and every single one of my meals was fruit lol...i kid you not...when it came to my last meal one of the air stewardesses must have felt sorry for me and sorted me out a proper meal. 

I know some Airlines block out front row seats in Economy and Business so you can't reserve them in advance. It's happened to me on a business class ticket and even the airline office couldn't unblock the seat for me.

They will often release them a short time before the flight, or hold them for their Gold or VIP or Full Fare customers. I don't think there is one simple explanation.

I have Thai Airways flights booked for May 3rd with Opodo but I'm always going on the Thai Website to see how the seats are going, and there only seems to be standard seats showing no preferred seats, the front section and back section is full only middle two sections are available as standard. 

58 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

I have Thai Airways flights booked for May 3rd with Opodo but I'm always going on the Thai Website to see how the seats are going, and there only seems to be standard seats showing no preferred seats, the front section and back section is full only middle two sections are available as standard. 

Try refreshing the page, or try again after an hour or so... that was happening to me also then all of a sudden it was showing available preferred seats

1 hour ago, neo1011 said:

Try refreshing the page, or try again after an hour or so... that was happening to me also then all of a sudden it was showing available preferred seats

Your seat map is for 777 aircraft I am flying on A380'S morning flight from Heathrow.  

6 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Your seat map is for 777 aircraft I am flying on A380'S morning flight from Heathrow.  

Yes my flight is 777 the correct plane should show once you ended your name and booking number

3 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Sometimes the seat availability will depend on exactly what sort of economy ticket the agent booked you onto, which itself will depend on what the airline released to them.

There are loads of different codes airlines use and some will only allow you into certain sections of economy in the aircraft.

Often the agent won't know. It may pay you to phone Thai and check if this is the issue and that your ticket code entitles you to if it is indeed restricted.

I only use Thai airways flying from Brisbane and even call the office to arrange things that I maybe fumble on line. (I'm old lol). Never had any problems but the plane is a 777,  a bit dated, but 8 hours I can put up with it. The advantage is non stop and fed an all right meal ect.