IGNORED

How to get a Schengen visa for my Thai GF?

Ikol

My girlfriend has two visa rejections in the past. She used some agencies that screwed up the necessary paperwork. Plus she didn't have any trips abroad. That was before I met her. It's been almost two years since I met her. We visited 10 countries together after that (mostly in Asia, plus Turkey, Russia and Georgia). I want to spend some time in Europe and for this she needs to get a visa to be with me.

I am not a citizen of any European country, but I have a multi-entry visa and previous trips to Europe.

When reading the visa requirements for an applicant, the most important thing is that she cannot provide documents from her job, as she is not working, and I, as neither a European citizen nor a close relative, cannot sponsor her. Is there any solution to this problem? Plus her two rejections in the past won't cause automatic rejections now?

• 2 weeks later...

first of all,

apply in SPAIN.  they have the lowest chances of being rejected  .  (belgium &  netherlands & sweden have the highest chances of being rejected, so avoid apply at embassy in bangkok to any of these countrys)

second;
ask for a company to make a paper she work for them.  even if it's not true, try give them some money, so they make a paper for your GF, and with an email and phone number.

third, most importantly, not ask for too long holiday.
i know they CAN apply for 90 days, but if you do this, embassy will be suspicious and ask come come your girl can have 90 days holliday... if she works!
so ask for 14 to 21 days MAXIMUM .

make sure all your papers are correct and they cant deny for any reason.

i just got my second thai girl visa approved, after only 2 days !
my ex thai wife also came to visit me 3 times with shengen visa.  so yes its possible.

good luck

oh and apply to embassy of spain doesnt necessery mean you have to visit that country.
after you got your shengen visa approved, you can visit any shengen country of course.

also, check the requirements for TOURIST VISA SPAIN.

(i used the private invitation visa, but you can't use that because you not live in shengen)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd get everything in line first before applying again, without risking anything. If she has a third rejection she runs the risk of being blacklisted.

The main things immigration look for are funding, reasons to not overstay, research and travel planning.

Funding - If she is not working, she would need to show sufficient bank statements showing she can support herself on whatever period she is requesting. If you will be supporting her, it is your employment history and bank finances that will need to be handed in, alongside a covering letter from yourself stating you will hold responsibility for her finances etc. Keep in mind, this is a big risk as if she overstays/runs from you... You will also be held responsible.

Reasons to not overstay - This is also where a job can be helpful, if a person has been employed for a period with a company and has a stable income, they are deemed less of a flight risk. If they have family, specifically children or spouses to return to or anything assets in the originating country.. Property for example.

Finally research and travel planning, if called for an interview or submitting documents it helps to have background knowledge on which countries to be visited, flight routes and costing as well as hotels, locations showing you have sufficiently budgeted (which will tie into your financial documents) 

Though you are not a member of any European country, if you have close friends or family, they can also act as sponsor and write a supporting letter. 

Failing that, the only real option if is she had a job offer in country listed and had a LOI (Letter of invitation) sent by that company and to immigration.

IMO, it would be worth seeking a reputable firm and pay the small consultancy fee to check the likelihood rather than submitting the costs and application at this stage.

Good luck. My wife is Indonesian but an Australian resident. We went to Europe last April. She had to provide proof of employment, on a company letter head, payslips, return airfares, reason for visit, itinerary, bank statements.

We have been married for almost 20 years, have a mortgage, a kid and a permanent job and it felt like she may have been denied entry so I do not envy you.

Robbie

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png