Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Grill & Hungry Panda - Soi Lengkee

TheGrill

I'm pleased to announce my new venture, we will be opening "Hungry Panda' and 'The Grill' in March 2020, we are located in Soi Lengkee next to Smokin' Joe's BBQ and Steak & Co. The Western style Chinese restaurant will be located on the first floor serving UK / US cuisine, we are hoping for this to be popular with Grab Food and other delivery services. The Grill will be situated on the ground floor and will be in a similar vein as Outback Steakhouse with a budget friendly menu, we have purchased a Pira Charcoal oven to add another layer of flavour will our real flame grill / oven.

final_panda_logo.jpg

the grill_logo_new.jpg

Edited by TheGrill

Good luck - Re the Hungry Panda - can you please make sure any GRAB addition shows the menu in ENGLISH please - and also would be nice if there was a weekly promotion - example a one person set - like we have back in the UK ...

9 hours ago, socrates said:

Good luck - Re the Hungry Panda - can you please make sure any GRAB addition shows the menu in ENGLISH please - and also would be nice if there was a weekly promotion - example a one person set - like we have back in the UK ...

Grab are probably the hardest company I ever had to communicate with but it should be possible for them to add the English text underneath. We will look at meals deals but I'm just wary that soon as you add those kind of options people feel inclined to substitute items for extra this and that just like Smokin' Joe's Breakfast matrix, it requires a lot of costing out and explaining to staff so it maybe something we add in time.

Edited by TheGrill

All the best for your new venture. Will come patronise your new restaurants when I'm there in May for 2 weeks. 

Here is a couple of photo's of the progress thus far, the grey tiled photo's are of our kitchen, half of the extraction system has been fitted with the second half being installed Friday. The fitted furniture is being made off site  in the main but once we have skimmed the walls the side panelling will be installed (hopefully next week). The gas & kitchen equipment is also due next week, our aim is to have the kitchen fully operational this month and the ground floor restaurant open mid March with the second floor shortly thereafter. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 2

On 29/01/2020 at 21:30, TheGrill said:

I'm pleased to announce my new venture, we will be opening "Hungry Panda' and 'The Grill' in March 2020, we are located in Soi Lengkee next to Smokin' Joe's BBQ and Steak & Co. The Western style Chinese restaurant will be located on the first floor serving UK / US cuisine, we are hoping for this to be popular with Grab Food and other delivery services. The Grill will be situated on the ground floor and will be in a similar vein as Outback Steakhouse with a budget friendly menu, we have purchased a Pira Charcoal oven to add another layer of flavour will our real flame grill / oven.

final_panda_logo.jpg

the grill_logo_new.jpg

Is that the place the Real Estate agent that closed down in November?

42 minutes ago, thumper64 said:

Is that the place the Real Estate agent that closed down in November?

I think a pharmacy and Lone Star

14 hours ago, bangna said:

I think a pharmacy and Lone Star

It was a Thai owned Pharmacy for years, they sold the building to a really nice easing going Sikh Thai guy,  a Real Estate Agent rented it but moved out after only 3 months. I have taken over that unit and Lone Stars old unit next door and knocked through. It's kinda gone full circle as I opened Lone Star some 9-10 years ago next to Jolly Friar which is now an Australian owned massage shop. I kinda feel really bad because he opened just as I started demolition. 

Edited by TheGrill
  • Like 2

On 06/02/2020 at 18:54, jimboh said:

Excited about this place, cant wait for the menu to be posted.

We have the menu ready but I need cost it out which I can only really do once in the kitchens installed this coming week, I hope to have something posted in 10 days ish 

The Charcoal Pira Grill was delivered this week, imported from Spain we are hoping our BBQ Skewers (Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Prawn), steaks & other grilled meat with have an amazing char-grilled taste, the charcoal is imported from Europe. The second part of the extraction system was fitted, just waiting on the ducting & second motor to be fitted on Monday. Electric's is being done, waiting on the outside meter to be upgraded to a higher capacity one. The gas bar & safety pipes will be fitted on Monday & the bulk of the equipment delivered from Bangkok on Wednesday. 

image 1.jpg

• Like 3

Great idea Pattaya could use a Western style Chinese place. Hopefully you will have General Tso Chicken and Almond Chicken on the menu. Two very popular American Chinese dishes. Also egg rolls with meat not just spring rolls. 

Good luck I'll for sure be stopping in.

I absolutely love UK style Chinese food, good luck with this new venture, exactly what Pattaya needs.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

On 11/02/2020 at 17:34, buzzkillaton said:

Great idea Pattaya could use a Western style Chinese place. Hopefully you will have General Tso Chicken and Almond Chicken on the menu. Two very popular American Chinese dishes. Also egg rolls with meat not just spring rolls. 

Good luck I'll for sure be stopping in.

For our American friends General Tso, Orange Chicken & we will have a Jumbo Spring Roll with meat (also regular sized vegetarian spring rolls), Almond Chicken is a new one on me and unlikely going to make the first menu, lets see if we get more requests in the future. 

Edited by TheGrill

15 hours ago, TheGrill said:

For our Amaerican friends General Tso, Orange Chicken & we will have a Jumbo Spring Roll with meat (also regular sized vegetarian spring rolls), Almond Chicken is a new one on me and unlikely going to make the first menu, lets see if we get more requests in the future. 

Interesting enough I've always thought of almond Chicken as the staple to American Chinese. Just now reading online I've found it is but its a staple to it only in Michigan and a few other cities. This article explains it. 

https://www.tastecaliforniatravel.com/food/home-cooking/item/1656-the-mystery-of-almond-boneless-chicken

Anyways I'll be looking forward to checking u guys out! 

Edited by buzzkillaton

Windows have been installed & part of the new furniture, the sign has been approved & aprons made... I think we are still on target for mid March 

86498749_1004888199893279_6703643345677189120_n.jpg

86627728_179835580009901_8980473429899608064_n.jpg

86714092_1255368784662362_4577978616872173568_n.jpg

On 16/02/2020 at 22:15, striderman said:

somebody say windows ?

888077493_16feb004(Custom).JPG.242eb199bfb15e73d95d8bee8042ab86.JPG

We planning to add matching side panels & roof on the patio area so it has a really different feel to my previous establishments, the glass roof will has 70% sunlight / heat reduction so it's not like a sauna :-)

Edited by TheGrill

• 3 weeks later...

I always like this work-in-progress pictures :) So after 2,5 weeks from the last update, how is it looking now? I am curious, i know :D