IGNORED

I need it...Hash browns!

Life does start with a good breakfast...

Does anyone know any good cafes that serve up homemade hash browns?

How about oatmeal?

Thanks!

BillyB

65732298_10161948370575207_7777293489305288704_n.jpg

You can buy oatmeal @ Tops market in the basement of Central Festival mall. Pretty sure other markets also carry it.

not sure about real hash browns. Usually see the frozen hash brown patties like @ McDonald’s 

Love the hash browns at Casa Pascal, while I’m waiting for them to grill up my fresh meats on the terrace

Retired

Tigglebitties Tavern (link to review) has great homemade hash browns.  The homemade southern-style biscuits are also very good.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

15 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Tigglebitties Tavern (link to review) has great homemade hash browns.  The homemade southern-style biscuits are also very good.

Evil

I'll have to try Tigglenitties, I gave up on hash browns in Pattaya, always came out greasy as heck or so overdone that they snapped like a graham cracker when my knife bit into them.

Bake and brew, great breakfast 

8 hours ago, BillyB33 said:

Life does start with a good breakfast...

Does anyone know any good cafes that serve up homemade hash browns?

How about oatmeal?

Thanks!

BillyB

65732298_10161948370575207_7777293489305288704_n.jpg

Then do not do it at Steak@Co on Soi Lengkee. Worst part of their menu

Try a Rosti at either the Bistro (soi Yamoto) or 5 star J (Pattaya Tai)...  albet not a bkfast dish...  Love it...

but if you must for bkfast (and are up during their serving times)... I second... Tigglebitties  and Casa Pascal and Golf Club...

McD is of course available in a pinch,... but would not recommend it to my worst enemy...

Cafe patini on soi buakhow does hash browns with the breakfast, you can switch them for bubble and squeak also for a change

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I'd forgotten about the rösti  at The Bistro and Five Star J.  Both are really good, although some Americans don't consider rösti  to be the same as hash browns.

U.S.-style hash browns developed from two separate sources,  Swiss rösti-style grated potatoes and German-style chopped potatoes, usually boiled potatoes left over from the evening meal the night before.  By the 1890s,  German-style hash browns had become dominant in both U.S. restaurant and home cooking, but rösti  staged a comeback in the 1950s and 1960s.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Golf club will be able to sort you out with what your after. Can talk for anyplace else.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Saddic said:

Try a Rosti at either the Bistro (soi Yamoto) or 5 star J (Pattaya Tai)...  albet not a bkfast dish...  Love it...

but if you must for bkfast (and are up during their serving times)... I second... Tigglebitties  and Casa Pascal and Golf Club...

McD is of course available in a pinch,... but would not recommend it to my worst enemy...

The Bistro now does Breakfast - albeit Euro style but you can add Rosti

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for taking the time to chip in..

Looks like the Casa Pascal breakfast buffet might fill the bill.

Cheers

BillyB

Down at Manhattan New York year’s ago (1994)  , I had the best hash browns ever , haven’t eaten any better than  that yet ,  not crazy about  frozen ones like McDonalds or Tescos . Must try Tigglebittles Tavern as above posters recommend , Americans knows best ... 555 where it located ? Pattaya right now , might pop down for tmw breakie ..,  

57 minutes ago, jocky king said:

Must try Tigglebittles Tavern as above posters recommend , Americans knows best ... 555 where it located ? Pattaya right now , might pop down for tmw breakie ..,  

There's lots of info on Tigglebitties on P-A.   "It's located on Soi 17 (aka Soi Regional Land) about five minutes' walk south of the intersection with 3rd Road and ten minutes' walk from Tukcom."  Remember, too, that Tigglebitties delivers meals.  If you don't feel like making the trip to Soi Regional Land,  you can have your hash browns at your hotel.

On 28/01/2019 at 06:30, Evil Penevil said:

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_01.jpg

Tigglebitties Tavern is an American restaurant that serves mainstream U.S. food; Tex-Mex and Mexican-inspired  dishes; and Thai food.  It's located on Soi 17 (aka Soi Regional Land) about five minutes' walk south of the intersection with 3rd Road and ten minutes' walk from Tukcom.

location2.JPG.3c1982183e9954f3d792d0188aa8a265.JPG

Edited by Evil Penevil

• 1 year later...

The best hash browns I have had recently have been at Route 66 near lake, homemade and more like a Swiss style

Golf Club has been mentioned a couple of times but they never had home made hashbrowns in the past. They used those pre-made frozen hashbrown patties like McDonalds. But the Golf Club breakfasts are very good, one of my favorite places for American style breakfast.

Tigglebitties make genuine hashbrowns. I also like the Swiss Breakfast at The Continental as their Rosti is pretty much the same as American hashbrowns.

Edited by Goolabert
More Golf Club

For oatmeal I really like Bake and Brew on Soi Excite.  Your choice as made with milk or water.  I get mine made with milk.  Served with fruit and honey.  Delicious!