IGNORED

Sunscreens

QuotaMan

For those who burn easily under the intense Thailand sun, I would recommend getting a good sunscreen at home before your travels. They do sell sunscreen in Thailand but do not like the brands they have (Nivea, Banana Boat, etc.).

Last trip I liberally applied sunscreen over my arms, face, legs, and I still got a bad rash on my arms from the sun. And that was from simply walking around outside during the middle of the day. The brand I used was from a CVS store, and the main ingredient was avobenzone. For some reason EWG recommends sunscreens with avobenzone but I would not as it can cause nasty body reactions

I recommend getting a sunscreen with zinc oxide as it is a mineral (not a chemical) and does not break down and cause potentially harmful reactions in your skin. It take a little more effort to apply but worth it. 

I recently purchased Thinksport safe sunscreen which ticks all the boxes for safety and will also use that for future Thailand trips.

https://www.ewg.org/sunscreen/

https://www.amazon.com/slp/Top-Rated-EWG-Sunscreens/ccvvc8vmxgze9cf

398442516_ewgsun.PNG.76437ffcac6a9182344f83dbdb9d1daf.PNG

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song