IGNORED

4000 US soldiers expected in Pattaya for Cobra Gold next month

The Pattaya News

Pattaya- The American Embassy has begun preparing for the 2020 edition of the Cobra Gold military exercise by reviewing security measures protecting the 4,000 sailors expected to arrive in Pattaya next month. Mayoral secretary Phumpipat Kamolnart and City Manager Teerasak Jatupong briefed Moss on city hall, Tourist Police and Pattaya Police deployments and led him […]

The post 4000 US soldiers expected in Pattaya for Cobra Gold next month appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

• Like 2

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Too bad there so restricted. I could show them how we did liberty in the 80’s

Bang until your dick or wallet was broke... whichever came first.

• Like 3

Always enjoyed being in Pattaya during Cobra Gold. The US service men and women are a good bunch of people.

I remember Pattaya in the early 90s when Cobra God was on OMG. Once had TWO carriers in the bay if I remember right was USS Independence and USS Nemitz plus support ships and a load of Marines bused in from Satahip it was carnage. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gazO said:

I remember Pattaya in the early 90s when Cobra God was on OMG. Once had TWO carriers in the bay if I remember right was USS Independence and USS Nemitz plus support ships and a load of Marines bused in from Satahip it was carnage. 

I read somewhere there was 10,000 servicemen in town at that time.

My buddy was in the navy and his first port ever was in Pattaya. He’s the one to introduce me to Pattaya too. Needless to say the gogos will have a lot of barfines by 10pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thumper64 said:

I read somewhere there was 10,000 servicemen in town at that time.

At least!

22 hours ago, gazO said:

Although that was Post Gulf War, not Cobra Gold.

Far from carnage, it was actually great fun.

It was good when the WS gogo`s used to open in the afternoon, dead busy and most were well behaved the shore patrol sees to that, sat next to an American sailor in some gogo up soi diamond and he asked which ship i was on.:rolleyes:

Had a good afternoon in the old marylins agogo, allsorts of debauchery was going on but an horn went off, the girls quickly got dressed and everyone became respectable, a couple of shore patrol entered had a stroll round and then left, everyone then started having fun again pulling coloured string out of pussies etc.:D

I sure hope their shore leave isn’t restricted because of corona virus concerns. Four thousand broken hearted sailors would be a terrible sight.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, the restrictions on sailors now leaves much to be desired. They typically have Cinderella liberty (need to be back on the ship before 12am), and are even sometimes restricted on where they can travel (e.g. off limits to Soi 6, LK Metro, etc). Sometimes, they might not even be allowed to go to Pattaya. 

It’s a tamer Navy now. It’s, “The new Navy.”  Politically correct, with it’s days of glory far behind it.

I might sound like an old, salty, grumpy sailor, but I was still in right up until it turned into a PG rated version of the Boy Scouts. Sadly, sailors today won’t know the true power of Pattaya. Not until they get out or take official leave and come here alone, without MP’s or SP’s hounding them. 

• Like 2

Some posts removed here, play nice guys.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

At least them being in Patts keeps them from ramming other ships which they just can't help but doing lately. 

The U.S. Forces personnel that I have observed in Pattaya have been nothing short of gentlemanly in their behaviour. About 2 years ago we had the Asean combined Naval exercise concluded in Pattaya, sailors from dozens of countries here and no trouble. Having said that, I am sure that they are on a very short leash and have been read the riot act before they disembark. Got to be a huge boost for local businesses.

image.png

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

The U.S. Forces personnel that I have observed in Pattaya have been nothing short of gentlemanly in their behaviour. About 2 years ago we had the Asean combined Naval exercise concluded in Pattaya, sailors from dozens of countries here and no trouble. Having said that, I am sure that they are on a very short leash and have been read the riot act before they disembark. Got to be a huge boost for local businesses.

I want to comment on this with some home truths but will have the post removed unfortunately  

27 minutes ago, gazO said:

I want to comment on this with some home truths but will have the post removed unfortunately  

Mate you can have your say as long as you stay within the rules and the N2BN ethos.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:42, Queef_Sniffer said:

It’s, “The new Navy.”  Politically correct, with it’s days of glory far behind it.

I was walking down Soi Diamond a few years ago, saw some Americans, and the Puerto guy in the group asked if I was Russian, as I do look like an ugly Russian. He friends say, "hey, just because he is white, doesn't mean he is from Russia." They made it clear they were Marines, and not sailors. My point is they were sitting on a some stairs talking to me instead of doing more important things on their 3-day pass. And they were talking about work.........

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:10, manni2011 said:

I sure hope their shore leave isn’t restricted because of corona virus concerns.

Last I heard, they are not allowed to go play in Pattaya due to the coronavirus. Cobra Gold personnel I mean. But I think it is so spread out these 4000 "soldiers" will not just be in the Sattaship area. There are like 10 different places in the country they are operating out of.

I have been here a few times during Cobra Gold.  To me it looks like a bunch of kids (college freshman with buzzcuts) getting drunk and having a good time.  They always hang out in groups and are usually all smiles.  The girls like them because they are younger then your average Pattaya monger and are done in a flash.  So they tell me.  The most entertaining thing I saw was one get into a ring with a Thai Muy Thai boxer at the end of Walkling Street.  The young American came off a bit cocky and the Thai guy was too quick to get hit.  Then the white kid learned that this is the national sport and even in Beer Bar rings you will get your ass kicked.  

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:42, Queef_Sniffer said:

It’s a tamer Navy now. It’s, “The new Navy.”  Politically correct, with it’s days of glory far behind it.

Ever since Tailhook in 1991 which started the term "sexual harassment". I have seen the Navy and Marines in Phuket and Pattaya. It's like they are at an ice cream social in the basement of a church in England. I expected to see Marines raping sailors, fist fights, people being hauled off to the brig en masse. I saw nothing like that. Only one navy guy was harassing an agogo girl was about 2 seconds away from getting is head kicked in by security.

• Thanks 1

On 27/01/2020 at 14:42, Queef_Sniffer said:

Sadly, the restrictions on sailors now leaves much to be desired. They typically have Cinderella liberty (need to be back on the ship before 12am), and are even sometimes restricted on where they can travel (e.g. off limits to Soi 6, LK Metro, etc). Sometimes, they might not even be allowed to go to Pattaya. 

I might sound like an old, salty, grumpy sailor, but I was still in right up until it turned into a PG rated version of the Boy Scouts. Sadly, sailors today won’t know the true power of Pattaya. Not until they get out or take official leave and come here alone, without MP’s or SP’s hounding them. 

Cold War Warrior?

18 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Cold War Warrior?

97-07. I left because of the identity politics, and the pussification that started overtaking the core mission of the military (winning wars).  That, combined with preventing me from chasing pussy, no longer having fun on liberty due to cinderella curfew (having to be back by midnight), it made me say, “Fuck this shit, I’m out.”

I fear that the restrictions may go as far as "no shore leave" of any sort and the maneuvers may be abandoned.

20 hours ago, Ineverbb said:

I was walking down Soi Diamond a few years ago, saw some Americans, and the Puerto guy in the group asked if I was Russian, as I do look like an ugly Russian. He friends say, "hey, just because he is white, doesn't mean he is from Russia." They made it clear they were Marines, and not sailors. My point is they were sitting on a some stairs talking to me instead of doing more important things on their 3-day pass. And they were talking about work.........

For the most part I avoid talking with active duty, retired or other veterans do to this when I travel. 

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

59 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I fear that the restrictions may go as far as "no shore leave" of any sort and the maneuvers may be abandoned.

they can practice amphibious assault on pattaya beach right now................

1767128514_5feb011(Custom).JPG.fc4014a22c3e04f87a069feb97e1455e.JPG

taken this morning at a time usually packed with chinese

354060503_5feb020(Custom).JPG.1a194b363436de6b0752c2392853ff81.JPG