IGNORED

View Talay 5

Carl123

Probably a stupid question, but why is there no View Talay 5A or 5B?  I only see adds or listings for 5C and 5D.

Is there any real difference or advantage to C versus D?  I would assume C is the more desirable due to the location being closer to the beach and therefore perhaps quieter than D which is closer to the road?

I am considering staying there my next trip and would welcome any info concerning this condo's suitability for a one month stay.

Thanks

Women Are Like Elephants. I Like to Look At Em. But I Wouldn't Want to Own One. - WC Fields

I don’t know why they’re called C & D when there are no 5A & 5B, unless it was to avoid confusion with 2A & B across the road.

I’ve stayed in 5C but not 5D. Well maintained, decent pool but a bit of a wait for the lifts. I was there over Xmas & NY and there were a lot of older European residents. Decent laundry and a small convenience store.

You can sometimes hear music from Jomtien Complex if you’re on the South side of the building.

There’s a private gate to take you straight onto Dongtan Beach, just down from Sandbar Restaurant. You walk to the side of the hotel that’s between 5C and the beach and have an electronic key fob to open the gate - though there was usually a guard as well.

I found it a bit of a trek to the main road to get a baht bus but you may find it ok. Obviously, this wouldn’t be an issue with 5D.

Foodmart quite close and a number of restaurants & small bars.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I stayed in 5D during low season, 8th floor I think facing Pattaya. I liked it a lot. I’ve never been in 5C, but in the long run being close to the baht bus certainly has its advantages. As would being nearer the ocean though, so, take your pick.

Great pool, a pretty well stocked convenience store with pretty bad prices, friendly security, and I heard no noise from traffic etc while in my unit......I stayed one month and had no complaints about anything there, and would gladly return or even buy there if the price was right.

I have been told that being on the Pattaya side is preferable than the side facing Jomtien because it stays cooler, but I’ve no personal experience with that.

Edited by tps
  • Like 1