IGNORED

SOS - Hotels that are close to all the mongering locations - Am Confused AF

Samx

Hello fellow punters,

Very new to this forum, please be patient with me lol.

I'll be Pattaya (17 Feb - 27 Feb) - I'm in my 20s, traveling alone so any cool people in town then - please hit me up.

I have over researched my hotels to the point that I'm confused AF as to which one to chose. My overthinking is killing me lol. so now I'm gonna let go and let you guys drop some hotel names and I'll just book them. I have spent way too much time on Booking.com/Agoda and forums but just can't seem to pull the trigger. I just don't wanna book a hotel that I'm gonna end up hating (think Nova Platinum) 

I just want a hotel that is $50 per night max and is strategically located close to everything. I have predominantly stayed at hotels very close to WS and therefore have never actually been to the other fun areas like LK Metro, Soi 6 I think it is, correct me if I'm wrong.

My criterion: (in order)

1. Max $50/night - gonna be there 10 days.

2. 24 hour front desk and safe in the room for security reasons - like the place must call and verify if all is well before letting the girl go. 

3. A balcony where I can smoke and has a nice view.

4. A double bed or extra large double bed.

5. Nice bathroom - have read people's horror stories about shit bathroom

Please suggest a few hotels to this very indecisive monger and I shall book asap as I'll be there in less a month (17 Feb - 27 Feb)

If more info is needed please let me know!

thanks in advance, I'll be forever grateful and will pay forward :)

Edited by Samx
for info

You might have difficulty hitting all of your criteria.

Soi 10 & Soi Honey are pretty much in the centre of where you'd want to be; about equidistant from WS & Soi 6, and a short walk to Soi Honey (obviously) & LK Metro. Soi 10 has the advantage of being on the main baht bus loop.

Acqua gets good reviews here (never tried it myself) and is currently in your price range on Agoda.

I usually stay at Page 10, which meets all of your criteria except for the view, but it seems that their cheap rooms have sold out.

TB-ES

Nova not close enough to the action for someone new. (And I have heard may be issues with joiner fees).

Anything around $50 will have everything you listed except the view. You won't  get a view near the action for that price.

Try Soi Honey,  H Boutique front side room or 24/7 Boutique,  or any of April, August, March or May Suites which are close to where Central and 2nd roads intersect. 

Never ever book 24/7 unless you specify and receive “the quiet side”.....  otherwise you will be kept awake till 4:30 by ISSsan music from Made in Thailand bars.

and especially if you cannot shit in front of strangers as the shower an toilets are glass enclosed with excellent sight lines from the beb and entire room.

4 minutes ago, Pabloypablo said:

Never ever book 24/7 unless you specify and receive “the quiet side”.....  otherwise you will be kept awake till 4:30 by ISSsan music from Made in Thailand bars.

and especially if you cannot shit in front of strangers as the shower an toilets are glass enclosed with excellent sight lines from the beb and entire room.

Maybe you are thinking of treetown, MIT is a bit far. Are you unfamiliar with how curtains and shower blinds work?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pabloypablo said:

Never ever book 24/7 unless you specify and receive “the quiet side”.....  otherwise you will be kept awake till 4:30 by ISSsan music from Made in Thailand bars and especially if you cannot shit in front of strangers as the shower an toilets are glass enclosed with excellent sight lines from the bed and entire room.

There are curtains in the shower you can pull down so no one can see you in the bathroom. But yes, the music from the Tree Town bar beside the hotel can be quite annoying. Strangely enough, I stayed in 247 for a week and they only played music super late one night, but that one night was hell!

Stayed in Acqua and 24/7 in last Nov. Great location for all the actions. I guess, these 2 meet most of OP's criteria.

Great in-house breakfast and roof-top pool bar at Acqua. Only that I found the room to be little smaller in comparison to some of the older hotels in Patts. But I guess, that room size is normal in all the newer hotels in Patts. 

Another hotel I found to be a really great value is Chada Thai House. Located in the peaceful little Soi (Soi 14?) in between Soi Diana and Avenue mall at second Road. Excellent spacious rooms, very polite and helpful staff, great location.. all for very reasonable price. I usually book there for around AU$35-45 a night. 

3 hours ago, sinbad5 said:

Nova not close enough to the action for someone new. (And I have heard may be issues with joiner fees).

Definitely is, if memory serves right, its 200 baht a girl

3 hours ago, sinbad5 said:

Try Soi Honey,  H Boutique front side room or 24/7 Boutique,  or any of April, August, March or May Suites which are close to where Central and 2nd roads intersect. 

Is H Boutique fairly close to the 10 baht bus? 

IMO Soi 10 is the best location with a great choice of hotels. You are in the heart of all the major attractions. Soi 10 is between beach road and second road so the baht buses are at your door step. I’ve stayed at Page 10, the stay, see me spring and see me spring 3. All good choices. 

29 minutes ago, Stefano88 said:

IMO Soi 10 is the best location with a great choice of hotels. You are in the heart of all the major attractions. Soi 10 is between beach road and second road so the baht buses are at your door step. I’ve stayed at Page 10, the stay, see me spring and see me spring 3. All good choices. 

For a newbie have to agree Soi 10 is perfect ...  reasonably quite soi 

If you want something a bit more lively as soon as you leave the hotel try Soi 8 .. sunshine hotel or flipper 

Thanks for all the responses, I gotta say I didn't expect these replies but you guys are super helpful, cheers:)

1 hour ago, Samx said:

Is H Boutique fairly close to the 10 baht bus? 

Yes, both to Second Road and Soi Buakhao. Runs between the two.

10 minutes ago, sinbad5 said:

Yes, both to Second Road and Soi Buakhao. Runs between the two.

Is there a particular 'side' I should be booking for better view/quietness?

Do you book deluxe or superiory generally? CHeers

Edited by Samx
more info

4 minutes ago, Samx said:

Is there a particular 'side' I should be booking for better view/quietness?

Yes, front side aka "Deluxe" rooms.

Edited by sinbad5

17 minutes ago, sinbad5 said:

Yes, front side aka "Deluxe" rooms.

Is anything comes to mind that I should specify in the special request section? thanks mate

2 minutes ago, Samx said:

Is anything comes to mind that I should specify in the special request section? thanks mate

I can't think of anything.  Rooms are all the same. Unless you are planning a very late arrival you need to tell them about?

Edited by sinbad5

11 minutes ago, sinbad5 said:

I can't think of anything.  Rooms are all the same. Unless you are planning a very late arrival you need to tell them about?

Thanks heaps man! Do you know any great hotels in BKK near the airport? I'm gonna my last 2 days in BKK before I fly back to Oz. I'm considering Golden Foyer Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel

Edited by Samx
for info

17 minutes ago, Samx said:

Thanks heaps man! Do you know any great hotels in BKK near the airport? I'm gonna my last 2 days in BKK before I fly back to Oz. I'm considering Golden Foyer Suvarnabhumi Airport hotel

paragon inn is the one i "selected" last time i looked for one. cheap, close to airport, offers transport, good reviews etc. 
i didn't end up needing it, so i cannot comment on it personally. but if i ever end up needing one, i'll probably book that one. 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

51 minutes ago, Samx said:

It would be a lot more fun if you stayed around Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Nana) those two nights - the airport is just a meter taxi cab ride away. Nothing really. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sinbad5 said:

It would be a lot more fun if you stayed around Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Nana) those two nights - the airport is just a meter taxi cab ride away. Nothing really. 

Cheers, looking into it now!

2 hours ago, Samx said:

would ask the question why ?  The airport is quite a way from downtown bangkok it quite a trek in my experience.   The Airport is not in Bangkok as such and is about 45mins to 1.5 hours outside by Taxi dependant on traffic

So depending on what you want to do been near the airport might not be the best idea .. if its just mongering you want to do would stay & see a few sights I would stay  in pattaya to be honest for the short time you are there

Edited by T-T-T

27 minutes ago, T-T-T said:

would ask the question why ?  The airport is quite a way from downtown bangkok it quite a trek in my experience.   The Airport is not in Bangkok as such and is about 45mins to 1.5 hours outside by Taxi dependant on traffic

So depending on what you want to do been near the airport might not be the best idea .. if its just mongering you want to do would stay & see a few sights I would stay  in pattaya to be honest for the short time you are there

That's a very good point, I initially was gonna be Pattaya all the way thru then changed to last 2 days in BKK as opposed to 1.  I want to stay in BKK as I have found chicks are hotter there although defs more expensive. Also, I fly out of BKK at 8 am so dont wanna stay too far and then needing to wake crazy early. 

9 hours ago, Samx said:

That's a very good point, I initially was gonna be Pattaya all the way thru then changed to last 2 days in BKK as opposed to 1.  I want to stay in BKK as I have found chicks are hotter there although defs more expensive. Also, I fly out of BKK at 8 am so dont wanna stay too far and then needing to wake crazy early. 

They'll be zero traffic from Nana to the airport at that time of the morning (30 min max). A couple of nights in BKK is a good idea if you've never been. Just hang around Nana and Asoke (Cowboy). That's all you need for your first trip. 

Edited by sinbad5