IGNORED

City Garden Tower

hioctane

Has anyone stayed here before? The price for the size and location look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stayed before on an airbnb. It is new and all was good and fine.  I can recommend it.  It is not on a baht bus route, have your transportation needs figured out and it is all good.

I stayed before on an airbnb. It is new and all was good and fine.  I can recommend it.  It is not on a baht bus route, have your transportation needs figured out and it is all good.

I thought there are baht buses up and down South Pattaya Road?

13 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I thought there are baht buses up and down South Pattaya Road?

Yes, there are some. Not regular as the other main routes. Sometimes, could not see one at all, at least none stopping to make regular pick ups. More luck during the daytime, forget about it at night. 

It is not so far out. To get to the LK Metro area, I would just cut through to shorten the walk and grab a baht bus on Buakaw.  Walk again if I wanted to get to the 2nd road, Beach Road.  Motobike taxi was not too expensive if I did not feel like walking.

Had a girl with a motorbike and that solved the problem with I was with her. 

It appears Friendship supermarket is around the corner so I know the area.

3 hours ago, hioctane said:

It appears Friendship supermarket is around the corner so I know the area.

Yes, Friendship is in walking distance. Do you have luck with Baht Buses on South Pattaya Road?

Yes, Friendship is in walking distance. Do you have luck with Baht Buses on South Pattaya Road?

I never used the South Pattaya Road baht bus. I only used the Soi Buakhao baht bus but I have seen it occasionally. It would be nice to get a ride to Walking Street instead of walking all the way.

10 minutes ago, hioctane said:

... I have seen it occasionally. It would be nice to get a ride to Walking Street instead of walking all the way.

Yes, that was my experience only see it occasionally.  At certain times of the day, you could catch the Baht Buses as the turn off Soi Buakhao (just past Friendship Market) go west on South Pattaya Road, then turn onto 2nd road. That was useful to get into central Pattaya on 2nd road.

So if you are familiar with the transportation, that was the only issue with City Garden Tower. Otherwise I had a clean, new tidy room, in a new, clean building for a very good price. 

Is there construction still going on? Looking at the Google reviews and Google pictures of the front, there are mentions of noisy construction still going on.