IGNORED

Rent to buy

KPattaya

Just looking for some advice when it comes to a rent to buy option in Thailand and if such a thing is possible and how long a company is willing to give you to pay it off.

The place I'm looking at in Jomtien is 1.8m, and realistically after May I could pretty easily put down say 100k-200k Baht deposit with a view of preferably a long term payment plan. The nature of my work (self employed contractor) could allow me to make bigger payments on some months for example I get a good contract for 2-3 months I could add 100k-150k but I would be more comfortable with a long term payment at a low price (as with a lot of contractors there is dry spots) 

Does anyone have any past experiences of this? Has it maybe even turned into an investment of sorts?

My target in the future is once a condo like this is paid off to then look at a house out of Pattaya and rent it or even maybe sell it at a later date.

Any advice, recommendations and examples of past experiences appreciated. 

Edited by KPattaya

Watching with interest...I'm looking at the same thing. I'm here now so might pop into a sales office and get some info

17 hours ago, KPattaya said:

Just looking for some advice when it comes to a rent to buy option in Thailand and if such a thing is possible and how long a company is willing to give you to pay it off.

The place I'm looking at in Jomtien is 1.8m, and realistically after May I could pretty easily put down say 100k-200k Baht deposit with a view of preferably a long term payment plan. The nature of my work (self employed contractor) could allow me to make bigger payments on some months for example I get a good contract for 2-3 months I could add 100k-150k but I would be more comfortable with a long term payment at a low price (as with a lot of contractors there is dry spots) 

Does anyone have any past experiences of this? Has it maybe even turned into an investment of sorts?

My target in the future is once a condo like this is paid off to then look at a house out of Pattaya and rent it or even maybe sell it at a later date.

Any advice, recommendations and examples of past experiences appreciated. 

it not something a company does.

Its a sales tactic some owners have to resort to to get a sale so everything is negotiable and you might be fine but most would want at least 1/4  +  wont release the chanote till its paid off a lot of trust goes it to these arrangements.

One might need legal representation to execute a contract.

Thompsons real estate advertise deals like this all the time on TV.

You can't own a house as you cant own land another thing you will need to address with a company tille.

Some will with more knowledge might want to elaborate

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can't afford to buy it at once, they will rip you off with those rent to buy contracts. 

Have a friend that had a contract drawn up for a rent to own condo deal in center condo and it all went to plan no problems at all.

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif