IGNORED

2 month holiday visa from Australia (in a rush would appriciate help)

ace123

Hi guys. 

Fly of to thailand in a week

Going to pattaya 2 weeks but then up to the middle of thailand so getting the 2 month visa now would be alot easyier then going back to bkk mid trip for extension.

How long will it take me to get this processed? I fly out in a week.  Has anyone had a fast quick experience with the sydney thai consulate?

How strict will they be on wanting to see accomodation booked to obtain the visa. I wont have any booked at all?     Will they take a letter from a thai girl saying i am staying at her place? 

thanks in advance guys

Last time I used the Sydney Consulate, a few years ago I should add, I lodged the forms and passport on Day 1 and picked up the passport with visa on Day 2. No question as to accommodation booked. On the TM arrival card I usually stated a name brand hotel in Pattaya e.g. Mercure Pattaya though was never asked any questions about booked accommodation on arrival.  

What city are you in? Find  Thai consulate and go there. I applied for a visa from Adelaide, sent my docs in by express post. It takes only a day to process. Make sure you send a post paid return express bag with your application and a postal order for $60 made out to the Royal Thai Consulate General. As stated above, no need for accommodation bookings but you must include an itinerary with a return flight. Book it for 2 months, not 3.

Reminds me, I must rebook my return flight.

[email protected]

Mandy-Jane Giannopoulos
Honorary Consul for Thailand
SA and NT

Edited by Kahoy

I regularly get multi entry visas from the thai embassy in Brisbane. They do a drop off in the morning pick up in the afternoon service. Sydney will probably be the same.

They require bank statement with $8,000 (may be slightly different), return flight and accommodation booking.

You may have a problem with the accommodation part, but the turnaround wont be a problem

edit: if you are not sure just ring them. They are pretty helpful

Edited by Mr Wombat

12 Pints in Know it all

33 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Last time I used the Sydney Consulate, a few years ago I should add, I lodged the forms and passport on Day 1 and picked up the passport with visa on Day 2. No question as to accommodation booked. On the TM arrival card I usually stated a name brand hotel in Pattaya e.g. Mercure Pattaya though was never asked any questions about booked accommodation on arrival.  

That is my experience...submit one day and collect the next, no problem.

Edited by gentleenforcer

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Cheers guys. I'm from Newcastle so the closest Thai consulate is about 2.5 hours each way. Torn between posting express post and just driving down. Not sure how fast post would be.  Are you sure it was $8000 cash? That seems alot. 

38 minutes ago, ace123 said:

Cheers guys. I'm from Newcastle so the closest Thai consulate is about 2.5 hours each way. Torn between posting express post and just driving down. Not sure how fast post would be.  Are you sure it was $8000 cash? That seems alot. 

Yes, the bank balance amount is correct. Express post will get to Sydney next day for sure.

Rang the consulate lady she was short and rude and rushed me of phone. Put me of dealing with her. But  I will just extend over there . Thanks for help

Edited by ace123

On 19/01/2020 at 17:41, ace123 said:

Hi guys. 

Fly of to thailand in a week

Going to pattaya 2 weeks but then up to the middle of thailand so getting the 2 month visa now would be alot easyier then going back to bkk mid trip for extension.

How long will it take me to get this processed? I fly out in a week.  Has anyone had a fast quick experience with the sydney thai consulate?

How strict will they be on wanting to see accomodation booked to obtain the visa. I wont have any booked at all?     Will they take a letter from a thai girl saying i am staying at her place? 

thanks in advance guys

it will take 3 days no issues go today ready by friday may be even thursday 

The accommodation only needs to be a few days at the beginning even though it states all think its just worded wrong.

EDIT

I did go and ask one day but did free cancellation method below .

If your worried look on expedia/ booking .com and take the  free cancellation option and then click the pay at property option get the booking info printed out then cancel.

i do it all the time take 5 minutes at home to print and book you will need to to a maximum of 30 day each booking 

image.png.aad9930776aced3835b18c412d2c3ba2.png

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 19/01/2020 at 23:25, ace123 said:

On 20/01/2020 at 00:03, Kahoy said:

Yes, the bank balance amount is correct. Express post will get to Sydney next day for sure.

No that is for METV

the SETV is only 20 000 or 1K

image.png.0165d6d48f3fe5badad487a2d5cc9081.png

image.png.b46133ebf9b99f968e70a61069e9bd0c.png

Edited by talung66
  • Like 2

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.